Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marketing wise, it's a freaking gold mine. There is money all over that mask. I can see why he covered up his face in the first place because it was his character. A "Canadian Lucha". There was a bit of humor in my opinion regarding the El Generico character.

The fact that he was a great wrestler with some size was also appealing. I loved not knowing who was under that mask. We all knew he wasn't of Mexican, or South American decent. It was intriguing. Now, I don't claim to know the specifics about why El Generico isn't being used in the WWE. I guess the WWE would want the rights to it. Obviously, Sami can't give that up.

However, with that said. I think there has to be something the two sides can agree upon that could bring that mask back on his head. Kids would the buy that mask 24/7. It would be one of the hottest items on the WWE market today. Nothing about Sami Zayn at this point really stands out. I love the guy, but it was when he had that mask on. Something was just better about him.

Have Baron Corbin challenge him for the briefcase. Except Baron never says that his MITB contract is on the line. This will matter later on. Once the two agree that there is a match to have a Summer Slam. Sami Zayn is pumped he thinks this is his moment. Little does he know. Zayn wins the match and when he opens the MITB briefcase it's the old mask.

There he is, shocked, happy and angry all at once. Like a super hero who lost their cape and got it back torn and burned. I can just see the emotions running wild through Sami Zayn. He turns his back on Corbin to put the mask on and Corbin destroys him with the End of Days. Taking the mask with him and spitting on Sami Zayn. I would continue this feud until Sami gets his mask back.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
He's already a glorified jobber in my opinion. Bringing back that mask only makes him seem more glorified to me.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

Why? It's not like Sami Zayn under a mask was interesting as say, El Generico or anything.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
Wish they'd just can the guy and bring back Swagger, at least Swagger's Patriot gimmick was interesting.

Sami is just boring.

People complain about Jinder and I agree for the most part but Jinder doesn't look like a jobber like Sami does.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Nope.

Sami Zayn has the perfect underdog character, he deserves to be pushed, his work is phenomenal. Plus with social media being so developed today, its obvious we all know he isn't really Mexican, and can definitely not pull a Yokozuna on the crowd. With his long run as Sami Zayn, heck, even autistic kids would know who he is.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Or maybe they should just push him for once? The guys hasnt won one main roster title yet which is disgusting for a guy of his ability. He is one of the best in ring workers in the company, his backstage segments have been hilarious and he is comfortable with a live mic too. People with half his talent have recieved twice his push which tells you all you need to know about this company.

·
Banned
15,464 Posts
Sami Zayn is better off without he mask, but it could be used as an angle or unlockable character in a video game or something. There's a storytelling element you can use there. Zayn under the mask feuding with Owens over the US Title with Owens hating that Shane and Bryan are letting him get away with it could be fun as a mid-card character. He could use the gimmick in a similar way to how Kota Ibushi has used Tiger Mask W. It gives him a bit of a recharge (which he needs right now) and could, potentially, create some fun merchandise for him. But Sami Zayn himself should not entirely disappear.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Want to have a poll?
I expect a poll in the rants section now. Please someone make it happen. Nothing against either of you guys, just want to see it happen out of morbid curioscity.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, because a white Canadian playing a mexican stereotype will not offend anyone
Who would be offended? He created a massive following of fans all over the world with the mask on. It's not the same thing as what we are watching in the ring right now. Sami Zayn as he is now is just not entertaining. Of course he is great in the ring. The mask should make him unbeatable.

People should be doing everything they can to take the mask off of him. During matches, possibly in backstage attacks. With the mask he becomes this totally different person. Perhaps he doesn't always wear it and at first he is hesitant. Until he starts to realize he wins with the mask on. Take it from there. Remember it's entertainment, suspend your disbelief.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.