Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
entire arenas used to chant faggot at Adrian Adonis and did he throw a hissy fit? the current wrestlers really are quite easily offended.

·
Registered
261 Posts
And yeah, I agree that it’s a serious reach to compare “sucks” to “faggot”, but I do think there’s some legitimacy to the argument. Similar to what someone else said about “bitch”. I’m fairly certain the first time someone told me “faggot” is a slur for homosexuals I said, “lol, no it’s not” because to a lot of people during that period it was like “sucks” or “bitch”... it was just a word that was used without it really meaning what it’s original intent was.
I've now raised the "bitch" question multiple times to multiple users and not a single one of them has even tried to offer a response. They know it would poke holes in their entire argument and make them look like hypocrites.

So since they aren't capable - or brave enough - to tackle the question... I'll give you the real answer. The reason why they have an issue with the word "faggot" and not "bitch"... despite them both being slurs and despite them both being approproated a long time ago to the point where they don't really resemble their original meaning... is because they seek validation in the form of virtue signaling.

If the word "faggot" can be applied to non-gay people, then it is obviously not a gay slur. At least not in the context it was being used. And if that's not the case, if the word must be deemed offensive no matter and must always be associated with it's original meaning... then Sami is going to have to explain why he got so triggered and so offended at the thought of being called a gay person. Because what's the problem with that?

·
Angry at refs
2,817 Posts
if the word must be deemed offensive no matter and must always be associated with it's original meaning... then Sami is going to have to explain why he got so triggered and so offended at the thought of being called a gay person. Because what's the problem with that?
Because it's an offensive word to BELITTLE gay people. It's not a word to say 'oh, someone is gay'. It's a word used to say you're 'a faggot, which is a gay person who is considered lesser than a 'normal' person for being gay'.
There's nothing wrong with being gay/being called gay if it's not derogatory. There's a lot wrong with being called a faggot.

You're reaching/straw-manning so hard here.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Because it's an offensive word to BELITTLE gay people. It's not a word to say 'oh, someone is gay'. It's a word used to say you're 'a faggot, which is a gay person who is considered lesser than a 'normal' person for being gay'.
There's nothing wrong with being gay/being called gay if it's not derogatory. There's a lot wrong with being called a faggot.

You're reaching/straw-manning so hard here.
Bitch is an offensive word used to belittle females. It is a word that suggests they are lesser than men and are equivalent to that of a dog. So should nobody use the word bitch either?

Will you finally be the one who answers this question or will you dodge the thread now like others have.

·
Angry at refs
2,817 Posts
Bitch is an offensive word used to belittle females. It is a word that suggests they are lesser than men and are equivalent to that of a dog. So should nobody use the word bitch either?

Will you finally be the one who answers this question or will you dodge the thread now like others have.
Good job completely dodging MY statement btw.

If you use it with your friends in a joking way, go for it. If you use it to belittle someone and to simply be an arsehole, then no.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good job completely dodging MY statement btw.

If you use it with your friends in a joking way, go for it. If you use it to belittle someone and to simply be an arsehole, then no.
Ahem...

He should attack an ACH look-a-like on his return and just bury the shit out of him for 5 months. It plays to Lars' strengths of being semi-racist and plays to ACH's strengths of being a crybaby bitch.
^ This is you being an "arsehole" and a sexist then right?

Why are you using a word you don't want anyone to use? And why even use the word "bitch" at all? What are you sexist? Do you view women as lesser than you are? Why use such an awful word that belittles them?

Tsk tsk...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wouldnt lose sleep if people quit using Bitch. When I hear someone in public use that term to either call a woman or a guy that, I immediately think low intelligence and unemployed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Angry at refs
2,817 Posts
Ahem...
^ This is you being an "arsehole" and a sexist then right?
Why are you using a word you don't want anyone to use? And why even use the word "bitch" at all? What are you sexist? Do you view women as lesser than you are? Why use such an awful word that belittles them?
Tsk tsk...
Yes, that's me being an arsehole. It's also a shitpost/joke.

Just because I use the word 'bitch' in a joking manner that doesn't make the word, nor faggot, not bad.
I never claimed I didn't want others to use it. Like I said, go for it. Just know it's a shitty thing to do and that you're going to be given shit by the majority of people if you publicly use it to make someone feel shit for simply being gay or whatever.

Btw, good job dodging my shit for the second time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes, that's me being an arsehole. It's also a shitpost/joke.

Just because I use the word 'bitch' in a joking manner that doesn't make the word, nor faggot, not bad.
I never claimed I didn't want others to use it. Like I said, go for it. Just know it's a shitty thing to do and that you're going to be given shit by the majority of people if you publicly use it to make someone feel shit for simply being gay or whatever.

Btw, good job dodging my shit for the second time.
^ Look at this guy now try and retroactively justify himself being able to use such an offensive, sexist slur. I guess it's okay when you're just "shitposting".

Sorry this type of behavior is not tolerable in 2019 and should be stomped out. Just abiding by the social construct you want to put in place.

And shame on you.

·
Angry at refs
2,817 Posts
^ Look at this guy now try and retroactively justify himself being able to use such an offensive, sexist slur. I guess it's okay when you're just "shitposting".

Sorry this type of behavior is not tolerable in 2019 and should be stomped out. Just abiding by the social construct you want to put in place.

And shame on you.
Okay King/NWO/Brad.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Zayn is frustrated because he realizes his WWE career peaked in 2014 NXT.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,205 Posts
I'd be pissed too, being called Canadian is a horrible insult.

Also doesn't faggot mean a lot of different stuff? Like I seen those Ed Hardy stuff wearing straight guys called faggots. So I'm a little confused.

Wrestling fans are pretty lame but really all fans are, ever insulted a girl's favorite boy band at their show? Prepare to be called some serious shit. Even people who are protesting against racism, sexism etc when mad enough resort to hurling such insults. I don't think wrestling fans are an exception.

Has nobody here ever been anywhere around people that are rowdy? People will always talk the worst trash because it gets a reaction, look at how mad Sami is.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I'd be pissed too, being called Canadian is a horrible insult.

Also doesn't faggot mean a lot of different stuff? Like I seen those Ed Hardy stuff wearing straight guys called faggots. So I'm a little confused.

Wrestling fans are pretty lame but really all fans are, ever insulted a girl's favorite boy band at their show? Prepare to be called some serious shit. Even people who are protesting against racism, sexism etc when mad enough resort to hurling such insults. I don't think wrestling fans are an exception.

Has nobody here ever been anywhere around people that are rowdy? People will always talk the worst trash because it gets a reaction, look at how mad Sami is.
In 2019, unless you're in the UK, it means one thing.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts