Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
18,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alright, everyone! Here is the official thread for the Underdog from the Underground, Sami Zayn!! :mark:

He's a former NXT Champion who may still eventually receive a big moment by winning the world title at some point in the future. If not, he can still make a decent-to-good midcard champion. Zayn is one of the best wrestlers that they have on Smackdown, and I'll continue to wish him success in his current WWE run.

Feel free to add your thoughts about Sami Zayn in this discussion thread :)

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Re: The Sami Zayn Discussion Thread

Sami Zayn is like, the best babyface WWE has and they haven't realized it yet.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Re: The Sami Zayn Discussion Thread

Will never win a title in WWE lol (main roster)

·
4,302 Posts
Re: The Sami Zayn Fan Thread

It's probably like another Bryan and Punk situation with him and Kevin Owens.

Vince wasn't on board with either for years but got on board with CM Punk first.

:flair

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
28,162 Posts
Given their interactions in the last month, I wonder if WWE would turn Sami heel and ally him with KO. I know that's insane to say, but he's going nowhere as a face. And SD could use more heels. Now, I've never seen Zayn as a heel but he's very good at the character things I think he could make that transition.

Plus, you could even have them challenge New Day for the tag titles down the line.

·
4,302 Posts
Given their interactions in the last month, I wonder if WWE would turn Sami heel and ally him with KO. I know that's insane to say, but he's going nowhere as a face. And SD could use more heels. Now, I've never seen Zayn as a heel but he's very good at the character things I think he could make that transition.

Plus, you could even have them challenge New Day for the tag titles down the line.
I hate the idea of Sami Zayn turning heel.

I will say, however, that Hell in a Cell may need a swerve and I kind of want to entertain the idea of Steenerico ruling Smackdown against the McMahons.

·
Registered
28,162 Posts
I hate the idea of Sami Zayn turning heel.

I will say, however, that Hell in a Cell may need a swerve and I kind of want to entertain the idea of Steenerico ruling Smackdown against the McMahons.
I don't love it either. But hell, he's doing jack as a face and him and Owens teaming together would be great TV.

·
4,302 Posts
Oh, plus I love the idea of New Day vs. Steenerico.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
18,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sami Zayn has reunited with Kevin Owens as allies again after tonight :banderas

Reactions: Donnie

·
4,302 Posts
Oh boy.

:popcorn

·
4,302 Posts
I hope Steenerico RUNS Smackdown Live.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am glad Sami is doing something, but, at the same time, why did they do so little with him up to this point? I maintain that with the right booking, Sami could be a face on the level of Bret Hart - someone who the crowd really rallies behind, who can lead the whole company.

I truly think that, it's not hyperbole. To me, Sami should be the main guy in the whole company. He has perfected the most difficult skill in wrestling; Having a natural rapport with the audience.
As a heel, I think his talent might be wasted, but they simply won't push him any other way :/

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Sami is giving me life as a wrestling fan right now and I’m loving it. It’s truly amazing how well he’s made the adjustment to being a heel. He’s made all the right adjustments and left the right things the same. That requires a strong understanding of ones character. I’ve read where so many people have said that he doesnt even have a character and that’s always been horseshit. Sami and Owens have more magic between them than Jericho and Owens ever did, IMO.

On a more general note, he’s one of the best in ring guys in the world. Doesn’t get near the credit he deserves. He is the best seller in the world, imo. Glad to see him getting the chance to show us that he’s more of a total package than most ever realized.

·
Registered
28,162 Posts
The fun thing is that Sami hasn't had to change much going heel so far. He's just upped the snark so he sounds more dickish and annoying than endearing. Which is the best route to go. Sami is not menacing or intimidating. So he has to be a different kind of heel.

The theme song will have to go or be altered if this is going to be a long term thing but as long as him and Owens are together, they are set. And to the people saying Sami should be a face, I can't say you're wrong, but sometimes you have to be a great heel before you're a great face.

Hell, Daniel Bryan, the most likable dude on the planet, was a great asshole heel before he became the biggest babyface in the world. The New Day is another good example of this.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts

Excellent promo by Sami and Bryan is always a great set up guy for heels. Last week, I just didn't feel his new persona because all that he was saying made sense. It was hard to boo. But last night, he was great twisting the knife.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts