Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: Lil Mark

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
What a fucking idiot

I can probably guess what the incident was as haven't seen it but what does "watching your bank" have to do with it, moron

·
Registered
977 Posts
It was a weird spot and look absolutely shit to boot. Hope Eddie was OK after that fuck up. I've quite liked Sami since he join Impact but what a shit response to have, really hope that not what he really thinks. :cornettefu

·
Registered
24,426 Posts
They're turning the botch into an angle and getting heat on Sami. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen that in wrestling.

But that doesn't change how reckless that spot was. The spot itself looked oddly set up, and he hit a guy square in the face with a baseball bat. You can't fuck up like that. And that response about his bank......kayfabe or not what a weak response. What does that have to do with anything?

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
What exactly is this angle everyone is talking about?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Callahan went for the swing and Edwards legs shifted the chair slightly so that Callahans swing ended up grazing the top of the chair and then coming down on his face. Not Callahans fault, not Edwards fault. It was an accident from a dangerously stupid spot.

Why the fuck are people making a massive deal out of this by attacking Callahan? What happened had nothing to do with Callahans "training" or wrestling ability. It was an accident from a shitty spot that was bound to go wrong. The people that should be blamed are all parties involved that were okay with the spot. Blame the agents for approving this shit spot, blame Callahan for doing it, and blame Edwards for being okay with it and taking it.

Accidents happen. But you can't ignore the stupidity of everyone who was okay with this. The agents, Callahan, and Edwards are equally at fault here. Someone should have had the brains to say "this is stupid it's not happening".

Cornette and Hero having knee jerk reactions is understandable but unnecessary when you evaluate the situation. There is nothing to be "embarrassed" or "ashamed" of here.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Callahan went for the swing and Edwards legs shifted the chair slightly so that Callahans swing ended up grazing the top of the chair and then coming down on his face. Not Callahans fault, not Edwards fault. It was an accident from a dangerously stupid spot.

Why the fuck are people making a massive deal out of this by attacking Callahan? What happened had nothing to do with Callahans "training" or wrestling ability. It was an accident from a shitty spot that was bound to go wrong. The people that should be blamed are all parties involved that were okay with the spot. Blame the agents for approving this shit spot, blame Callahan for doing it, and blame Edwards for being okay with it and taking it.

Accidents happen. But you can't ignore the stupidity of everyone who was okay with this. The agents, Callahan, and Edwards are equally at fault here. Someone should have had the brains to say "this is stupid it's not happening".

Cornette and Hero having knee jerk reactions is understandable but unnecessary when you evaluate the situation. There is nothing to be "embarrassed" or "ashamed" of here.
Exactly, not one person can be blamed but all of them as a group. But at least it's getting people talking so that's good.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

Had Sami not responded the way he did, I'd agree. I like Jim Cornette but I know how he is and sometimes he goes overboard. I used to be a big fan of Sami, but since he came back to the indies he's just been bland to me. Maybe Eddie moving did contribute to the accident, and yeah it was a stupid spot to begin with, but Eddie was probably lucky with the outcome of it tbh. He could have very easily been seriously hurt. To respond to criticism of the botch with "I'll keep watching my bank account go up" makes you an asshole. And the "He's just keeping kayfabe" argument that some people has loses a lot of its ground when you look at his Twitter page and one of the first things in his bio is "N64 master".

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Had Sami not responded the way he did, I'd agree. I like Jim Cornette but I know how he is and sometimes he goes overboard. I used to be a big fan of Sami, but since he came back to the indies he's just been bland to me. Maybe Eddie moving did contribute to the accident, and yeah it was a stupid spot to begin with, but Eddie was probably lucky with the outcome of it tbh. He could have very easily been seriously hurt. To respond to criticism of the botch with "I'll keep watching my bank account go up" makes you an asshole. And the "He's just keeping kayfabe" argument that some people has loses a lot of its ground when you look at his Twitter page and one of the first things in his bio is "N64 master".
I am to contrary I feel like he paces his self better and sells himself better thus making him more enjoyable since coming back to indies which I can attribute he probably learned that from the coach's.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,616 Posts
It's Cornette getting a bit hyper not for the first time
Sami still shouldn't have mentioned the bank balance people pay there hard earned money to see a show not to mention the kids in the audience , I wouldn't want any of that for them, Jesus they will be having nightmares , I no it's nothing to older generation.
Eddie is by far the best in ring talent at Impact. Glad he didn't lose hi son eye

Time for cornette to stay stum me thinks.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Callihan not taking Cornette seriously doesn't surprise me. Especially when Cornette likes Eddie, so this could have been the most co-op injury gone wrong and Cornette would have been "vibrating". (his words) Especially w/the idea it was done w/a weapon, needless spot, etc. I still say why did they even allow them to do it, but I'm not gonna get into the details of idiocy w/blatant spots that shouldn't be done in the world of wrestling today.

But obviously TNA airing this has a purpose. As fucked as it got, they're going to probably turn it into something and here we are.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
If they wanted to use it to get heat, why not have Callihann seem proud of what he did and play up that he doesn't care and what's to do that to the other eye as well? Make him show no remorse about it. Bringing up money (which I don't like unless that's the gimmick) is a pretty dumb response and its not a good look.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts