Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading about an AJ Styles interview a few moments ago, and he was asked about why he refused a WWE developmental contract that'd pay 500 bucks a week.
I didn't quite understand if he should have accepted because of the WWE opportunity or because of the money. The money, IMO, is kind of bad. 2,000 dollars a month?
Is that about what a TNA wrestler makes? Is that a good salary for a regular wrestler? He is not exactly a main eventer but he drwas good, in TNA proportions. Any ideas on TNA wrestlers salaries?

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
He was saying that's what the contract that the WWE offered him would've paid at the time, that's not what he makes in TNA.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
AJ makes $400,000 a year in TNA.
*Inserts a TNA is a private company comment*

AJ does on average 100 shows a year, that would mean he gets $4000 a show, that seems kinda a lot. I do think he gets more than $1000 a show (pure speculation), but 4000?!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I remember reading a while back that Styles and Beer Money (when they were together) were on high salaries because they made TNA quite a lot of money. I think it was from about the time Triple H wanted to try bringing Roode and Storm to WWE. I'm sure AJ makes a decent amount of money to be honest. No idea on the figure.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Dunno how much, but I'm pretty sure the 'top guys' or the guys who are TNA's main attractions get paid enough to make them stay at TNA, added to the lesser amount of dates and lighter schedule that TNA can offer from WWE.

I would imagine Sting, Angle, AJ, RVD, Anderon, Joe, Storm, Roode etc are all on a very nice salary for a much lighter touring schedule than WWE could offer.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
He and his family earn enough to live comfortably and he manages to feed three kids and his wife. I've seen an interview with him in his house as well and it looks fairly big to be fair - He's definitely well off and earning a good amount, I'd be willing to say. I think he's right in saying that if it was all about money, he's still better of staying with TNA.

·
Registered
895 Posts
AJ Styles earns about 1,000 dollars per year, but he has to pay the food, accommodation, etc.
Samoa Joe earns about 500 dollars per year, but he has free food.

TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA! (insert sarcasm joke) LOL.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I presume it is fair to assume that AJ is probably the highest paid non- ex-WWE name. He also probably gets a cut of his merchandise and he sells quite a bit, 300-400k is probably the range in what he makes a year. That is about the level the average WWE performer brings home however they work another 100 dates a year. WWE main eventers can pull in 7 figures with merchandise cuts.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I'm sure TNA pays a lot less then WWE pays but the tour schedule is far different.

I'd presume make he makes between 250,000-300,000 a year but I don't know that. I wouldn't go as far as 400,000 though. That's a bit much considering he floats around in the midcard and doesn't have to work as many shows as WWE Superstar does.

If it's about the money, he still makes one pretty penny in TNA, I'd presume. I'd take kind of money of over WWE Money only because I'd still have a life I can look forward too. In WWE, your life is the WWE.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ric Flair made a million a year, 20 years ago.
But Nitro had 10 matches on every show, people cared about wrestling before Russo.

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
It’s crazy to think Styles would make more sticking with TNA than moving to WWE. This isn’t reflected at all in the way they use him.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Yeah, but it's all down to priorities. I'm sure we've all had jobs which paid brilliantly but the boss was a dick, the hours and stress were enormous and despite the fat bank account we moved on to another job that paid less but was far easier to live with - I know I have. It seems that's what Styles has done. Professionally, he's done it all in TNA and if he wants to do more it seems clear he needs to move. But maybe he's happy with the way things are (less work, more time with family, having a voice in the company etc) rather than risking the possibility of becoming a small fish in a very big pond, being jobbed to anyone, working for LONG periods away from home and potentially being dropped within weeks?

I mean, he'd clearly make a lot more in WWE but he's not hurting in TNA, so why risk it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts