Wrestling Forum banner

Do you still want Taker vs Cena at WrestleMania in some point?

• Yes i still want 50 year old Taker vs JOHN CENA at WrestleMania 33 or 34.

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No i dont want this matchup anymore it could be shit.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I dont want Taker in a match anymore. Not even against Styles,Reigns or whoever it is.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Why do you want to see Taker vs Cena AGAIN? Taker and Cena have faced each other in 1-on-1 matches for 5 times and none of those matches were even good. Why would their encounter at Wrestlemania be any better?´

And don't give me that "Cena was so green back then" bullshit. Brock Lesnar was green back in the early 00's and had some of the most memorable matches of the Ruthless Aggression Era and Goldberg was a WCW veteran. Their match at WM XX was one of the worst of all time. Yet everyone was so excited when Goldberg came back and was booked to face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. Why? Why do you want to see shitty matches over and over again?

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Im really thinking Undertaker is working WM34. I know its a year away but I can just see Vince giving him the pitch now and ending his career the same place he lost the streak.
This is a good point. Also, I think Taker interrupting that business conference with "let the good times roll" indicates there is somehow indeed another Wrestlemania in Taker's body considering with his character, I very highly doubt that Taker is gonna be an ambassador to Wrestlemania post-retirement. I also just can't see Vince accepting Taker's all time career ending as a heel on a "they call you the big dog, well this has been my ring for going on 30 years" generic storyline.

Yeah creative has had a shoddy record for years but Vince has said Andre and Undertaker are his favorite wrestlers. Think of how profound that is.

Reactions: Lowblowthem

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If Reigns turns heel and retires Taker, I cant even imagine the heel hate he would get. He has potential to be the most hated heel since HHH or someone from the 80's. And if Reigns starts to squash all his opponents especially the hardcore fan favorites, he could get chants like "Fuck you Reigns". WWE have the potential to make the biggest heel in the company.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
This is a good point. Also, I think Taker interrupting that business conference with "let the good times roll" indicates there is somehow indeed another Wrestlemania in Taker's body considering with his character, I very highly doubt that Taker is gonna be an ambassador to Wrestlemania post-retirement. I also just can't see Vince accepting Taker's all time career ending as a heel on a "they call you the big dog, well this has been my ring for going on 30 years" generic storyline.

Yeah creative has had a shoddy record for years but Vince has said Andre and Undertaker are his favorite wrestlers. Think of how profound that is.
Yep if he wasn't gonna be at WM34 I don't think he would of done the press conference.

And think about it Undertaker retiring 25-1 is better than 24-1 for some reason.

Reactions: WrestlingOracle

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Yep if he wasn't gonna be at WM34 I don't think he would of done the press conference.

And think about it Undertaker retiring 25-1 is better than 24-1 for some reason.
You think Taker is going over Reigns? I guess I could see if Vince wants to have the last angle of Taker be him looking to avenge himself at the venue where his one loss at Mania happened but I'm not sure I see Taker getting his hand raised here.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I can not believe some of you actually think he will make it to WM 34. LMFAO
He looked absolutely horrible last night. He can barely fucking walk let alone wrestle. Plus he just doesn't have that same passion and fire in his eyes when hes in the ring. He looks so uninterested just going with the motions to get a pop and a paycheck.

Undertaker is retiring this year after they have Roman beat him at WM. If they dont turn Roman heel in the process then i have no idea why they are doing this match in the first place when John Cena vs Undertaker would have been a HUGE historical moment in not only Wrestlemania history but wrestling history as well. It would have been the biggest spectacle since Rock vs Hogan, maybe even bigger.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
You think Taker is going over Reigns? I guess I could see if Vince wants to have the last angle of Taker be him looking to avenge himself at the venue where his one loss at Mania happened but I'm not sure I see Taker getting his hand raised here.
It really depends but for some reason I just don't see undertaker ever losing Again at wrestlemania. I think he wants Brock to be the only one to have beat him at wrestlemania. That's just the way I see it

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
I can not believe some of you actually think he will make it to WM 34. LMFAO
He looked absolutely horrible last night. He can barely fucking walk let alone wrestle. Plus he just doesn't have that same passion and fire in his eyes when hes in the ring. He looks so uninterested just going with the motions to get a pop and a paycheck.

Undertaker is retiring this year after they have Roman beat him at WM. If they dont turn Roman heel in the process then i have no idea why they are doing this match in the first place when John Cena vs Undertaker would have been a HUGE historical moment in not only Wrestlemania history but wrestling history as well. It would have been the biggest spectacle since Rock vs Hogan, maybe even bigger.
We have been saying Taker is retiring for years and won't be making the next WM but for some reason he always comes back the next year. Yes he looked slow last night but it could of just been plan ring rust. Let's wait until he has a 1 on 1 match before we judge him.

Vince always tends to get this guy back for wm and I can see Vince offering a lot of money and that pitch of him retiring the same place he lost the streak.

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Cena vs Taker is a NO GO. Hope this doesnt happen. I much rather see Reigns masturbating his forearm for 1 hour than this shit.
Taker is done for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If Reigns turns heel and retires Taker, I cant even imagine the heel hate he would get. He has potential to be the most hated heel since HHH or someone from the 80's. And if Reigns starts to squash all his opponents especially the hardcore fan favorites, he could get chants like "Fuck you Reigns". WWE have the potential to make the biggest heel in the company.
Some more Undertaker's performances like in Royal rumble and maybe they actually will thanks him for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
People want to see it but I doubt they'd like it if they got it. Undertaker is slower due to old age and always looks exhausted. Cena is (and always has been) awkward in the ring and relies on finishers and kickouts to give the impression his matches are good/epic. It would just be a twenty minute match with repetitive and predictable finisher kickouts with Cena going over in the end.

I know people see it as a dream match, but let's just be rational here.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts