Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think what we saw during the build for last years Hell in the Cell match between Cena and Orton was the most we will get from here on out(When john Cena Attitude Adjusted Orton on the top the cell).

Ever since they made the Cell significantly taller its safe to say that we wont be seeing any more "Mick Foley lunges" from any superstar.

Anyone think there is any chance Undertaker, Kane, Sheamus, or Orton goes off or through the top?

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Hell no, Mick Foley was lucky to not be totally crippled from that fall.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Nah. Foley was the only one to get thrown off the top or through it anyway and that was because he is a crazy son of a bitch. Michaels took a big bump from about half way up it and I could possibly see something like that though. Heck, I'd just be happy for them to go to the top in the first place, at least it would add something different to one of the matches.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
If it does, it'll be a terribly contrived stunt like Rikishi onto the flatbed with bales of hay everywhere. Foley is the only one crazy enough to initiate that kind of thing of his own accord.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
G rated is the way to be thesedays in the WWE. The attitude era is a done deal. We'll be lucky if they keep the hell in a cell name next year. Heaven in a Fence sound G rated to you?

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I never expected anyone else plunge off the Cell like Foley ever again but the roof of the cell is without a doubt the biggest feature of the gimmick. Its what separates the Cell from the cage.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Im not asking for mayhem but at least be innovative edge and taker did that at summerslam seriously the 2 matches we had you would forget the cell was their!!

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
Here's what bothers me. It's a giant steel cell. How do they not see it? It's a giant weapon all around them. That Undertaker/Kane didn't even use it, and even felt the need to come up with a contrived way to get Bearer into the Cell with them, makes me feel like they really didn't want that to be a cell match so they thought "Fuck it" and just pretended it wasn't.

Cole: "Undertaker has been in 11 Hell in a Cell matches, King!"
King: "Yes, Cole. And now he's so jaded with the entire thing that he refuses to recognise the presence of Satan's Structure anymore."
Striker: "Undertaker has looked into the eyes of the Devil so many times that even the Devil's own Playground doesn't faze him."
King: "Your point?"

If you're going to brawl outside of the Cell, have someone at least try to climb it. It's what it's there for. Hell, with the thing being so huge now, a guy climbs five feet up it, gets caught and pulled down to land through the announce table, people will mark like he'd gone off the top of the old one. They didn't have to go to the top. But if you're going outside it, use it. Undertaker and Kane really didn't wrestle a Cell match.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Good. Thats the way it should be. No man should take that ridiculous risk ever again. It completely destroyed Mick and cut his career down by years. The SOB is lucky to be alive.

The only Cell people will be thrown off the top of is the one on Smackdown vs RAW 2011

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,971 Posts
Vince himself said that there are to be no more throws off the cage, that shit is to risky even if planned.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't even want people to be thrown of the cell simply because it will never have the same impact as Foley's drop.
And it's way to risky now anyways.
I do think they can do more with the cell though.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
People seem to forget who was thrown off the HIAC in '98.....Mick Foley.
No one has or will do the things Foley did.
That's true, however what Foley did was open the minds of everyone to the possiblity it could happen again, now though I don't think anyone in their right minds would think its a possibility

·
Registered
549 Posts
No one in WWE is crazy/stupid enough to go off the roof or at least halfway up. Jeff Hardy might have done it if he didn't leave, but that's all I can think of.

·
Registered
496 Posts
For one, Mick Foley wasn't even supposed to go through the top of the cage the first time it happened. He's also the only WWE wrestler who was crazy enough to do something like get thrown from the top of the cell. Secondly, there is no need to have the wrestlers do over the top insane bumps or over the top anything anymore. There's no one-up competition between TNA and WWE because TNA isn't even on the same level as WWE. Think about it, all the crazy angles and matches you saw was back when WWE had competition and wasn't rated PG.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
A lot of people don't appreciate what they're demanding of a wrestler when they want to see them get thrown off or through the cell. Foley is the only guy to have done it, and let's face it, he's probably never been completely sane. I may be wrong, but I believe from the first fall alone he suffered bruised kidneys and a dislocated shoulder. That's before mentioning that the second fall caused a tooth to exit through his nose.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts