Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
for what its worth,

its about time that a tall muscular powerhouse and not just the best technical/highflying pure wrestler that will never hold the world title is holding the ic title

DOWN WITH SHORTCUTS TO THE WORLD TITLE, WHO'S WITH ME!?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's been worse. Summerslam 2008 - "The second match of the evening was a "Winners Take All" mixed tag team match with the WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston and the WWE Women's Champion Mickie James putting their titles on the line against Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix."

*shudder*
yeah that was worse, this year´s Summerslam is just a bit better but

·
Registered
272 Posts
I wrote this on the Summerslam IC title match thread: Grant the Intercontinental Champion a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at a certain point e.g the IC champion at the end of the year earns a WWE title match at the Royal Rumble. They can combine that with a ladder match at TLC for the IC championship, the winner essentially becomes #1 contender.
That way they can accomplish two things. It will actually mean something to be IC champion, it will truly be a stepping stone to becoming WWE Champion, or at least future main eventer. Second, if they absolutely need someone specific to be #1 contender at the Royal Rumble for storyline purposes, they can put him in the ladder match at TLC and win the IC championship first (hopefully not Cena). But as a rule, I would prefer the IC champion to hold onto it for a while before challenging for the WWE championship.
Loving this idea. How about a system where anyone who successfully retains the IC Championship five times consecutively gets a WWE Championship shot? They could play it really close for some people (four straight defenses) too.

Reactions: peowulf

·
Banned
323 Posts
Couldn't give two shits who wins that triple threat tbh, hey might just root for Big Show for shits and giggles

·
When you don't have a match on the show
3,745 Posts
"This Sunday at Summerslam live on the DOUBLE U DOUBLE E Network is the most eagerly anticipated triple threat match for the Intercontinental title in DOUBLE U DOUBLE E HISTORY!"
:cole

"MIZ! BIG SHOW! RYBACK! Its worthy of a Wrestlemania main event Maggle!"
:jbl​

·
Banned
229 Posts
I think Randy Orton should get the IC title and do what Cena did for the US title. We need to legitimize the IC title again and Randy Orton can do that.
Agreed chap.Plus i don't want Randy in the main event scene

·
FOTC
10,735 Posts
WWE made a HUGE mistake when they didn't put the IC title on Ambrose at WM. It was Ambrose's character that put importance back on the IC title anyways. WWE should looked at WM 24 when booking this past ladder match. If you remember they used Jericho's star power to put CM Punk over at the end. The same thing should have happened with Daniel Bryan putting Ambrose over in the ladder match.

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
Ryback defending the IC against The Miz and Big Show on Summerslam seems pretty lame but the truth is even more pathetic compared to other Summerslams, take for example Summerslam 2002 Rob Van Dam vs Chris Benoit or the Epic triple threat match between Edge Chris Jericho and Batista, all of those guys were true superstars and main eventers. Ryback and The Miz would be Jobbers or low carders in those shows.
Ryback and Miz ARE jobbers and low carders who have been temporarily elevated. When Ryback drops the belt he will drop back down into low mid card oblivion and Miz has done nothing but float around the card and be used to give the lower mid-card something to do. WWE feels that Miz having held a title before gives him some credibility.

The IC title has becoming nothing more than a decorative piece and holding it means nothing. Bryan was supposed to elevate it but then he got injured and so they put it on another jobber.

Reactions: Bret Hart

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Loving this idea. How about a system where anyone who successfully retains the IC Championship five times consecutively gets a WWE Championship shot? They could play it really close for some people (four straight defenses) too.
The problem is that the WWE hates ranking systems, hell they hate counting for that matter, they probably think it's too confusing for the poor fans. That's why I went with a specific point in time system.
But yeah, they need to do something with the IC title that brings the holder closer to the WWE championship, not by losing the IC title so he can go the big one, but by succesfully defending it over a period of time.

·
Banned
397 Posts
I am hoping Big Show takes it. It would be awesome for Neville to take it off of him and have that "Biggest little Dog" honor.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Ryback should be a main eventer, he's too good for the IC title. Over the course of time the fans have changed and now they actually like vanilla midgets as opposed to big guy's that have a personality. Because of that, Ryback's in the midcard, having matches that mean next to nothing with the IC title. The guy is solid though, forget about the look, he's entertaining as hell. The bully gimmick showed he can be larger then life, he can get a reaction as a face or a heel. The big thing though is, Ryback has the ability to be a star, which is hard in this era.

I'm not against the Miz either... well sort of. He's alright, but literally anyone that watches the product or knows anything behind the scenes knows this guy was punked a lot backstage and the only reason he gets any respect is because the management is much nicer now then it was 10 or 20 years ago. If this was in the 90's, he'd have been around for a year and then gotten released. Still, I'll admit his mic skills are above average and he can make a feud interesting.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts