Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Future Hall of Famer
2,277 Posts
I do agree that it's a shame. I mean what the fuck is Trump doing in the Hall Of Fame?
It's kind of a shame towards the real legends who're part of it.
Trump is in the WWE Hall of Fame because he actually helped Vince make Wrestlemania big in the late 80's and because of the "battle of the billionaires" storyline. Plus they became real friends besides doing business together. That's also why POTUS Trump picked Linda McMahon to join his administration team :wink2:

And Sabu what have you done to be in the WWE Hall of Fame anyways? You rather should be inducted into the ECW Hall of Fame.. oh wait

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Trump is in the WWE Hall of Fame because he actually helped Vince make Wrestlemania big in the late 80's and because of the "battle of the billionaires" storyline. Plus they became real friends besides doing business together. That's also why POTUS Trump picked Linda McMahon to join his administration team :wink2:

And Sabu what have you done to be in the WWE Hall of Fame anyways? You rather should be inducted into the ECW Hall of Fame.. oh wait
Thank you. I didn't know anything about the 80's. The storyline on the other hand wasn't that spectacular in my opinion.

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
Well, at least after making this statement being asked into the WWE hall of fame will probably no longer be a problem for Sabu; so that's one less thing for him to worry about.

·
===Valar Morghulis===
6,037 Posts
The same way people have thrown away or sold Grammy's, there will always be a wedge of the performers that are disgruntled; justifiably & unjustified.

The problem is that wrestling as a whole is & always has been a niche product, with some tremendous peaks where it permeated popular culture for a time but still at the core a niche. So when you're already viewed as a sideshow by the majority, you have no credible standing in sports, you have to carve out your own rules for honoring your own legacy.

He'd never admit it but that's why he's pushed himself as far as he has for far too long. When people treat what you do like shit, it pushes you to go out there and try even harder. Which leads to pain, injuries, disfigurement, handicaps, & Death. So for all the guys that have gone through this meat grinder of an industry, forsaking family, friends, children, birthdays always on the road, they deserve a night dedicated to them.

You get global exposure, chum around with fellow old bastards, new poor bastards in the midst of it, a midling Ring, & a contract with a little financial assistance for the use & immortalization of what you were able to bind together with your blood, sweat, & tears over the years.

It's what they all want, perhaps not with the E, but to be remembered, to be recognized, for that last bit of adulation as they're presented at the biggest showcase of the year, Wrestlemania. So you have to deal with the E, you play politics one more time to get what you deserve.

It's the industry.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Well I think it's safe to say he isn't getting so he doesn't have to worry about it lol.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
He and many others from ecw should be in by now. If it wasnt for ecw there would be no attitude era or mondat night wars. Guys like Sabu,rvd,taz and the dudleys should be in by now.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I'm a Sabu fan and I hope he gets in one day but how can he blast the WWE Hall Of Fame like that when his uncle, The Sheik, is in there? :doh

·
Registered
813 Posts
He's just mad he is not getting in anytime soon.

I fuckin hate it when people call theWWE HOF fake. It's not fake you know why? Cause when you see legends on stage crying thanking their fans for all the years they supported them and having one last chance to stand in the spot light that to me means it's not fake.

Go back and listen to Jerichos rant about fans thinking the HOF fake.
Sabu is never getting in the HoF. He's part of the big lawsuit against WWE. Safe to say all the lawsuit people burned their bridges with the company.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well, at least after making this statement being asked into the WWE hall of fame will probably no longer be a problem for Sabu; so that's one less thing for him to worry about.
Sabu and many others ruined their chances long time ago by taking part of an ongoing lawsuit vs wwe. He doesn't have anything to lose by shitting on wwe

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

Trump also drew the biggest ever Wrestlemania buyrate at that battle of the billionaires. So a lot more deserving than most people on the celebrity wing and wrestlers that never drew a dime.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts
He and many others from ecw should be in by now. If it wasnt for ecw there would be no attitude era or mondat night wars. Guys like Sabu,rvd,taz and the dudleys should be in by now.
Should sabu? He was no world beater in the ring. His wwe tenure is famous for being arrested with drugs, coming to December to dismember so fucked up they had to write him off ppv night, and coming to another show for tv without any gear. After that he sued them as well blaming them for all his injuries despite years of work before wwe and years in tna and on the Indy scene during crazy shit after being fired

Rob Van Dam, The Dudley Boyz, Tommy Dreamer, and Taz have a shot and earned their spots. Guys like Sandman and Sabu didn't.

·
Likes wrestling....
7,968 Posts
I get where he's coming from and I totally understand what many of you are saying about the credibility of it not being there, I mean obviously most of us wish they would have set some higher standards, mainly because the WWE has presented itself as the gatekeeper of American pro wrestling and with their catalog and ownership of 80% of wrestling history they can do that.

However whether we like it or not the common perception among casuals and many wrestlers themselves is that it does matter. Whether the sport is fake or not, that does not mean there are people who have contributed largely to the "sport" we enjoy, who are being honored.

The guys who get in are celebrated, it's a pretty big deal to most of them. I am sure someone can find an exception but most of the guys and gals who get in truly appreciate and celebrate their induction. I've seen many of the guys who get in sign their autographs with the HOF moniker at the end like the baseball, basketball and football players do, ridiculous IMO. But proof that they consider it a big deal.

I don't agree with Sabu on this, they do honor those outside the WWE there are plenty of examples of guys who did not do much or anything in the WWE who are in. They don't do it enough, and usually it's motivated for some reason involving the WWE's benefit, but it does happen.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
10,537 Posts
He's just mad he is not getting in anytime soon.

I fuckin hate it when people call theWWE HOF fake. It's not fake you know why? Cause when you see legends on stage crying thanking their fans for all the years they supported them and having one last chance to stand in the spot light that to me means it's not fake.

Go back and listen to Jerichos rant about fans thinking the HOF fake.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Would Vince even induct Sabu, even if he wanted to? He is a ECW man. Vince compltely diluted that product. Is Sabu even HOF worthy? Eh.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts