Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When Asked if he would accept a Hof Induction.

“It’s such a fake Hall of Fame. I’d only do it because I need the money. I don’t know if I would motherf**k everyone or if I would take it graciously, but I don’t consider it a real Hall of Fame. It’s not like the Baseball Hall of Fame or the Football Hall of Fame. They let anybody in it, anybody who could draw money. The real wrestling Hall of Fames are in Iowa and Amsterdam, New York. They look for donations because they’re so broke, but they have s**t from the 1800s.

Vince’s Hall of Fame only has s**t from Vince’s company. If you didn’t work for his company, you’re not in the Hall of Fame. That’s nothing to do with how good you are, it only matters who owned them.”

:lol He's right.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/797105-sabu-blasts-the-wwe-hall-of-fame-calls-it-fake-reveals-whether-or-not-he-would-accept-an-induction-update-on-paiges-injury-status

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Vince’s Hall of Fame only has s**t from Vince’s company. If you didn’t work for his company, you’re not in the Hall of Fame. That’s nothing to do with how good you are, it only matters who owned them.”
Well Duh, its the WWE Hall of Fame, not Wrestling Hall of Fame.
Of course its only going to have shit from Vince's company.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Duh, its the WWE Hall of Fame, not Wrestling Hall of Fame.
Of course its only going to have shit from Vince's company.
I think he was trying to say, he's probably pretty drugged up most of the time. That ppl who are inducted are based on little substance. And how fake it is. I mean ppl who get inducted, seems like anyone can.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I think he was trying to say, he's probably pretty drugged up most of the time. That ppl who are inducted are based on little substance. And how fake it is. I mean ppl who get inducted, seems like anyone can.
Its a fake sport so yes its all fake.
And yes it IS very easy to get in, even fucking Sunny is in.
The janitor that clean Vince's toilet will one day get in.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I hate to break it to one of my childhood favorites but all of wrestling is fake. Every award is just handed out. It's booked and Sabu worked himself into a shoot.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I mean he´s obviously right, but if he is looking for a payday, maybe he should have tried a different approach, about how he hopes one day ECW stars like himself, Taz, Raven, Tommi Dreamer, Sandman would get their due.

Anyway I don´t see why a HOF cannot be legit for a fake sport? Other arts have HOFs, too. And I assume they take the process seriously.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
He's just mad he is not getting in anytime soon.

I fuckin hate it when people call theWWE HOF fake. It's not fake you know why? Cause when you see legends on stage crying thanking their fans for all the years they supported them and having one last chance to stand in the spot light that to me means it's not fake.

Go back and listen to Jerichos rant about fans thinking the HOF fake.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts

I fuckin hate it when people call theWWE HOF fake. It's not fake you know why? Cause when you see legends on stage crying thanking their fans for all the years they supported them and having one last chance to stand in the spot light that to me means it's not fake.

It´s not fake, but it´s not legit either, when personal grudges prevent many deserving candidates fronm going in, and signing a legends contract is basically mandatory. That´s before we even get to the undeserving wrestlers and all the stupid celebs.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
and peeps care what Sabu says? It's Vince's HOF duh. But there's a lot of WCW that Vince bought the history of but those weren't his guys. Sting had, what 2 WWE matches, and he's in.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
It's the same as any industry award show. It's an excuse to have a red carpet event and promote things. The Oscars, The Grammys, all of them are a big show and the awards themselves are not really that important.

WWE puts in about six people a year and that means a hell of a lot of people are going to get rings. This isn't going to be an exclusive club.

The HOF is a fun show. There are always great stories and for a night a few veterans of wrestling get a bit of love.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
I don't view the Hall of Fame as fake, and Sabu sounds rather angry and he probably already hurt his slim chance to be inducted.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Sabu was a great, most simps here wouldn't know that. I wonder if he ever got his money for the hip surgery.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
Even Kurt Angle who is in every pro wrestling HOF but WWE has said the WWE HOF is the only one that really matters. And this was before he got the call to be inducted in the WWE HOF.

That's saying something.

Of course people only get it if you are not on bad terms with WWE.

Why the fuck should they let you in if you trash the company?

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I do agree that it's a shame. I mean what the fuck is Trump doing in the Hall Of Fame?
It's kind of a shame towards the real legends who're part of it.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts

It doesn't matter if its fake or not seeing them appreciate the fact their careers are being celebrated should be enough for jaded fans.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts