Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Gatecrashers is over, and Ryder is in jobberville on Raw, it's a perfect time to reunite these guys. They were bland as hell and nothing special when they were edgeheads, but the (well at least ryder) has shown that they can succeed given a character. They could make Hawkins into a guido or whatever Ryder's gimmick is since Hawkins is a Long Islander too and he performed well under the dudebuster gimmick which is similar.

LI Loudmouths (or whatever name they give them) feuding with the Dudebusters would be an interesting tag team feud.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
If they reunite, there's no use to announcing it on TV.

Since I doubt anyone remembers they were a team.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I don't really see why. If your hope is for reunion to boost both of their flagging careers, I'm not sure that this would be a good way of doing it. Considering the state of the tag division, re-entry could take them even further downwards.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If the WWE actually wanted to put anything into the tag division and realise its part of the company then yeh im all for it. But i dont think its the right thing to do to elevate a falling career at this point.

The tag division could be great but its just never gonna be what it was

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
hawkins isn't really from LI, he was raised in queens and isn't italian.

trent baretta however is from LI and is italian. for his wwe tryout he used zack ryder's real last name.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
No. They shouldn't.

Ryder might still be a jobber, but he's carved out his own character niche. Hawkins is a nobody. Ryder has a future; Hawkins does not. Don't ruin Ryder's future through guilt by association with reuniting a team nobody misses anyway.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts

trent baretta however is from LI and is italian. for his wwe tryout he used zack ryder's real last name.
:rolleyes: Fascinating.

As for whether they should reunite, no. For starters it would be a step backwards, they've both moved on from eachother. Zack's got his Long Island loudmouth gimmick, Curt's got whatever the hell his gimmick is. No matter how Hawkins came back, he's a singles guy now so's Ryder. For seconds these two are guys who've spent the vast majority of their careers teaming together. It's time for them to move on from that (well they have, but you know what I mean). THirdly, it's better to be a singles jobber than a tag teaming jobber,

·
Registered
406 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind the two of them reuniting precisely because Hawkins doesn't have a similar character to Ryder. There could be a fun dynamic simply with Curt being the straight man playing off of Zack.

If WWE actually cared at all about tag teams I'd suggest they become a team again as quickly as possible.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
ummm, no!

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
No. They shouldn't.

Ryder might still be a jobber, but he's carved out his own character niche. Hawkins is a nobody. Ryder has a future; Hawkins does not. Don't ruin Ryder's future through guilt by association with reuniting a team nobody misses anyway.
Ryder's future is pretty much ruined already. Not sure why you see anything coming to him later.

Anyway, it would be useless reuiniting them.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind the two of them reuniting precisely because Hawkins doesn't have a similar character to Ryder. There could be a fun dynamic simply with Curt being the straight man playing off of Zack.

If WWE actually cared at all about tag teams I'd suggest they become a team again as quickly as possible.
This would actually be pretty interesting to see. Both guys are talented I would definitely enjoy it.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Pyro™;9013529 said:
Ryder's future is pretty much ruined already. Not sure why you see anything coming to him later.
He wouldn't be the first guy to break the shackles of jobdom. Swagger went from being embarrassed by Santino to being champion in the course of a week. Hell, look how far Miz has come in a relatively short time.

After all, 35's the new 25 in WWE when it comes to pushes, so time's on his side.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

baretta as a dudebuster is awesome though

1 - 20 of 32 Posts