Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honestly I think we need a mind games feud with Ryback, and Damien Sandow. Perhaps Sandow comes out during another one of Ryback's matches. The first time Ryback is interrupted is actually Sandows ringside debut. A feud with "Genius vs Muscle Head" them to it. This is what he would call it once he comes ringside to attempt to sign autographs, and then initially sit ringside to observe his next specimen. Ryback takes notice, and doesn't like, but finishes off his opponent easily.

Ryback gets in Damien's face, and snarls at him. Sandow is disgusted, but not threatened. The following week in another one of Ryback's squash matches Damien interrupts Ryback's win over some no name by showing up at the top of the stage to ask Ryback why he was offended at him sitting there ringside admiring his work in the ring as the only undefeated man in the WWE? Sandow claps, and tells Ryback that he was ringside watching what he considers the most aggressive man on the roster, but the also the "dumbest".

Ryback is pissed, and is ready to run out of the ring up until Eve comes out to tell Ryback that he has no business making giving these people a brawl that they did not pay to see. Eve tells Ryback that he better stay right where he is, or his next line of employment will be moving furniture. Sandow thanks Eve as she walks away. Sandow then continues to tell Ryback that he is not even sure that is actually a real name, and that it sounds like a name for a pet Komodo Dragon. Damien tells Ryback that once he is ready they will have a match in which Ryback will finally learn what it feels like to lose. Sandow ends with "you're welcome".

This sets up a feud between the two in which Sandow does most of the talking, and Ryback can't do a damn thing. This is a classic angle used very often in the WWE, and in wrestling in general. Sandow first catches the attention of Ryback by testing his level of insecurity by sitting ringside. As if to say I am watching for your weaknesses. Ryback keeps his undefeated work going, and continues squashing opponents. At some point Sandow would have to give up some creative leverage in which he tells Ryback that he may not even have to fight him for Ryback to lose.

Sandow builds up the fact that he went out, and found someone that he feels will give Ryback his first loss ever in the WWE. Damien tells Ryback to meet his match, and out comes Mason Ryan. This no longer turns in to a squash match at all. Ryan gives Ryback an actual run for his money. Sandow is on the commentary talking about how Ryback has faced no one in the WWE outside of hack talent from the local scenes in the towns that Smackdown performs in. Damien stresses that we are seeing the true Ryback, or his real name Ryan Sheffield.

Sandow says that he is going to prove that Ryback is just some muscle head gym nut that can't grasp the concept of fighting being a form of art whether it be social, or physical. Sandow truly degrades Ryback every moment he gets to speak. When asked if he felt the same way about Mason Ryan, Sandow said of course he does. Sandow said that he had to find someone that wasn't going to let "fear" over power them. Sandow said he could have easily asked Daniel Bryan to come out, but he is far more busy for things like this because of his dealings with Sheamus, the current WHC. Ryback wins the match, and that finally leads to their match. I would have Sandow win, and win with the help of Eve.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
Truthfully I repped you for the post

however I dont think ryback is the right guy to start with. I am not saying I know who is but, I think he needs to feud with a more established guy so he can use his mic skills and gripe gimmick against a more established guy, more examples for him for fire at.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truthfully I repped you for the post

however I dont think ryback is the right guy to start with. I am not saying I know who is but, I think he needs to feud with a more established guy so he can use his mic skills and gripe gimmick against a more established guy, more examples for him for fire at.
There aren't that many more established guys on the roster, and right now Ryback is building momentum. They are both fresh stars even though both have been on WWE programming before. The whole idea of Genius vs Muscle Head makes sense, and puts Sandow over as a legit heel if he can knock off Ryback, but with help. It starts off their feud strong.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Ryback isn't exactly dumb or stupid though. The guy is actually really smart.

Plus, Sandow would benefit more from someone who will volley with him, trading insults instead of driving him into the mat over and over again.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryback isn't exactly dumb or stupid though. The guy is actually really smart.

Plus, Sandow would benefit more from someone who will volley with him, trading insults instead of driving him into the mat over and over again.
I'm certain Ryback isn't a stupid in real life either, but it's part of what feuls Sandow as a heel. He is judging based on nothing, and that's what puts heels over. Damien thinks people are less intelligent than he is. The idea works well with his character. Lets be honest here Ryback has not really defeated anyone, and Damien pointing that out pushes the feud, and would be ironcically the only true thing he would say about Ryback personally. No one is saying can't speak for himself, but I woulnd't be surprised if Damien carrys the feud over the mic.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
thats a damn good idea

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
A feud between Ryback and Sandow wouldn't work right now because both are entering feuds to try to establish themselves. To get one man over in the feud would mean that WWE would have to destroy the other one and completely ruin his momentum before it even really gets going.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A feud between Ryback and Sandow wouldn't work right now because both are entering feuds to try to establish themselves. To get one man over in the feud would mean that WWE would have to destroy the other one and completely ruin his momentum before it even really gets going.
Did you read the thread? There is no mention of anything close to a squash. Ryback has been going over no name jobber talent, and finally getting involved in to a feud with someone who has been building themselves through a series of vignettes is exactly how you go about a fresh feud. You are left to question who is actually going to come up short, because you know neither man has tasted defeat. One has yet to debut in the ring, and that only adds to the feud. This feud is mainly about Damien being strong enough as the antagonists as possible so that Ryback goes over more as a "face" even if Ryback suffers a cheap loss via interference, or cheating as I explained previously.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Did you read the thread? There is no mention of anything close to a squash. Ryback has been going over no name jobber talent, and finally getting involved in to a feud with someone who has been building themselves through a series of vignettes is exactly how you go about a fresh feud. You are left to question who is actually going to come up short, because you know neither man has tasted defeat. One has yet to debut in the ring, and that only adds to the feud. This feud is mainly about Damien being strong enough as the antagonists as possible so that Ryback goes over more as a "face" even if Ryback suffers a cheap loss via interference, or cheating as I explained previously.
I did. Debut feuds are about getting someone over. That's how WWE books these feuds. If WWE books Ryback vs. Sandow right now, it'll be to get one man over another one and there's no need to completely ruin one man's momentum right now.

Ryback and Sandow aren't likely to draw each other, let alone feud.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Not bad, but too soon. They are building Ryback as a new Goldberg. The even hinted quite heavy at this on SD, this week.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Not bad, but too soon. They are building Ryback as a new Goldberg. The even hinted quite heavy at this on SD, this week.
They're trying to build Ryback as the #2/#3 face of Smackdown as fast as possible. To do that, he's going to have to go convincingly over heels. He'll probably start out with mini feuds with Slater/Mahal/Hunico and then progress by going over Rhodes. Then Del Rio/Christian (if he's still heel, he's due for a face turn)/Henry will be the one to officially get him over as a main face guy on Smackdown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts