Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gimmick used to be that he's a terminator type character, so why aren't WWE going the extra mile with the gimmick? He should have red contact lenses, maybe some cooler metalic entrance attire. Right now, I don't even know why they bothered changing his name considering all he really did was get a singlet.

Ryback could be the next Ultimate Warrior but he needs to be a bit more over the top to get the crowd into him. WWE seem to be too afraid of taking risks and try to make things seem too realistic, when the fact is, people miss cool looking wrestling characters.

Your thoughts.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I agree in a sense. To me, he seems like Goldberg without the awe. Goldberg had a huge presence with the look, music, pyro, and entrance all together. He wowed the audience at the time and he was a badass character. Ryback seems to be like Goldberg lite. Not a joke character like Gillberg, but a copy similar to how Crimson started in TNA. Ryback needs the grand entrance and presence that Goldberg brought if he wants to be a character like that. If not, then a more over the top character like you suggested would be good.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
That's actually a good thought, WWE is having a problem taking risks these days in going full out with making a character a bit more embracing.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I agree that he needs more... at the moment he is just an impressive looking beast running through jobbers.

That aint gonna fly if they want him to move up the card, he'll need some sort of character.

He can talk pretty well too, so promos shouldnt be a problem.

I'm not sold on the whole "terminator" gimmick though; I think kayfabe has been broken down too much for a gimmick like that to be taken seriously nowadays.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He seems like a total Goldberg rip off to me, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, infact if he gets a quarter as over as Goldberg was he'd be fucking huge.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I agree. In FCW he did actually have red contact lenses and he used to wear a spiked biker jacket. I think he needs a better entrance too, some sort of booming, extravagant instrumental, where he comes through the smoke or on a bike or something.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Feed me more! I've got to say, I've liked this guy since I saw him debut as Ryback. I've got a soft spot for real gimmicky wrestlers, and Ryback entertains me to no end.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Idk about the red contact lenses, but they do need to add more bang to his character.
He needs better music and some pyro.
Also, destroying jobbers doesn't make him believeable, its whats expected when you put a guy his size in the ring with the size of the jobbers he faces.
I never understand why the feed monsters the small ass jobers, it doesn't help at all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
keep building him and Brodus up as unstoppable monsters for a little bit more, then put them in a program with Ryback as the heel.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
well he already wrestles more than brodus, kind of liked his opponents talking on a mic about their name, could be used for a future actual wrestler ala cena and angle all those yrs ago except with ryback being face, which i dont mind, you can destroy guys while being face as long as you dont do anything like cheating

1 - 20 of 51 Posts