Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0524/612060/wwe-announcers-cody-rhodes-was-referring-to-in-statement/

- We have received a lot of emails over the past couple of days asking who Cody Rhodes was referring to in his statement regarding his WWE departure. As noted, Rhodes stated that he had "pleaded with WWE Creative" to drop the Stardust character and become Cody Rhodes again and then ripped the "head writers" of RAW and SmackDown for ignoring his requests, including saying that one was "too busy hitting on developmental divas."

The lead writer of RAW is Ed Koskey, who would be the person that Rhodes said is "pretending to be Brian Gewirtz." Koskey has been the lead writer for RAW since 2013. The lead writer of SmackDown is Ryan Ward, who used to write NXT television.
Ouch, pretty low.

Ed Koskey was the Brian Gerwirtz rip off.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Re: Ryan Ward and Ed Koskey were the writers Cody was referring to regarding hitting on developmental divas

I'm presuming Gewirtz was predominantly well liked amongst the wrestlers and viewed as a good writer. Seems like it was meant as a subtle dig that he's not on his level.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Re: Ryan Ward and Ed Koskey were the writers Cody was referring to regarding hitting on developmental divas

The headline is quite misleading. This just tells us who the lead writers are - Cody didn't say he was referring to lead writers...

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

What does he mean with the Gewirtz comment? :lenny2
Brian Gewirtz was regarded as a very good writer. Smackdown Six etc was him and Paul Heyman.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Gerwirtz was the Raw writer in 02-03

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
People are jumping the gun (again) and who's to say Cody respects the direction the women are going in? Was his dig perhaps out of being a little envious that the girls in NXT had more to offer the company than him?

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,626 Posts
I don't even think there's a professional environment in the wrestling industry as a whole.
Maybe, maybe not. But if there's one place where one should exist, especially with them being on Wall Street and being a publicly traded company, unlike the other wrestling promotions, it should be WWE.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Sure, it's unprofessional, but do we really have to demonize a guy for hitting on developmental divas? Not like people never flirt in the workplace anyway.

Alexa Bliss, Emma, Eva Marie, Dana Brooke, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Asuka... formerly Becky and Sasha... yeah, damn. As a general rule, you shouldn't shit where you eat, but is Ward (or whoever it was) really a horrible guy for trying his luck?

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Yeah personally I am not jumping the gun. I just see this as Cody being bitter. Taking shots at the Diva is and going oh that writer is hitting on them. Shows me Cody is a pretty unevolved, chauvinistic person, or seems to be acting that way. Is he suggesting the Divas are not getting their through talent? But only who's rubbing them lol? I Think people need to read under the lines here. Cody is taking shots at the divas, far as I've concerned. Seems like their is some bad blood, particularly because Cody diddn't make it in the WWE. Not to the level he wanted. I was pulling for Cody. But he is not being very classy in leaving. Be the better man, by taking shots on Twitter. They won. I just love people here take everything they see or hear as automatic fact lol.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Yeah personally I am not jumping the gun. I just see this as Cody being bitter. Taking shots at the Diva is and going oh that writer is hitting on them. Shows me Cody is a pretty unevolved, chauvinistic person, or seems to be acting that way. Is he suggesting the Divas are not getting their through talent? But only who's rubbing them lol? I Think people need to read under the lines here. Cody is taking shots at the divas, far as I've concerned. Seems like their is some bad blood, particularly because Cody diddn't make it in the WWE. Not to the level he wanted. I was pulling for Cody. But he is not being very classy in leaving. Be the better man, by taking shots on Twitter. They won. I just love people here take everything they see or hear as automatic fact lol.
White knights to the max level running rampant on WF. :kobelol

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Isn't calling women 'divas' quite chauvinistic itself?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts