Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't seem to have been posted anywhere...

Anyway, there are strong rumours starting to go round that ROH/SHIMMER youngster Rayna Von Tash (sometimes spelt Rayna Von Tosh) is the latest independent wrestler to make their way onto TNA's radar.

Rumours include this titbit:

f4wonline said:
New York based independent women’s wrestler Rayna Von Tash is scheduled for a tryout match with TNA Wrestling within the next few weeks.
Here's a pic of her:

ITT: Ask a guy, who knows who Rayna Von Tash is, anything.

· StarStruck
2,098 Posts
Wow, Shes real pretty, I'm not familiar with her work in the ring, I'll have to look her up.

· Registered
6,603 Posts
Guy who knows who RVT is- how did Darkness Crabtree's tryout go?

Serious, on topic reply, she'd be a good addition to the KO Division but would probably be used poorly, overshadowed by the Beautiful People, Mickie James, Tara, Madison, and whoever else they're focusing on right now. I stopped paying attention when Impact vanished off TV.

· Registered
3,251 Posts
Sweet jesus, another hire for this already bloated and over stacked roster.

I mean when you have Stevie Richards and Taylor Wilde quiting because your not using them enough for the little you actually pay them, maybe it's time to realise you have enough talent.

Cute girl though, unfortunately she won't actually make a living working for TNA.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guy who knows who RVT is- how did Darkness Crabtree's tryout go?
Him and DJ Gabriel are the "They" that everyone's been talking about for ages.

She reminds me of So Cal Val..lets just hope she can wrestle! But she's HOT so ill give her that.
She's very green. She has a great gimmick and lots of personality though. TBH these rumours come as a surprise because, last I heard, she was thinking of quitting wrestling because she wasn't sure if it was for her.

· WEF's #1 Oz Mark
10,785 Posts
She's hot, I don't care if she can't wrestle.

· Banned
213 Posts
I mean when you have Stevie Richards and Taylor Wilde quiting because your not using them enough for the little you actually pay them, maybe it's time to realise you have enough talent.
1. Richards worked backstage. He could careless.

2. That's not why Wilde quit. Try again.

3. If WWE can hire new talent nearly every month without care, why is it a problem for TNA to do the same?

Cute girl though, unfortunately she won't actually make a living working for TNA.
Because, you've worked in the business to know that? Doubt it. But for a Heyman lover, I am not surprised you think you know it all.

Anyone would rather wrestle on TV in front of 1 million people rather than some Indy company. Atleast your discovered.00

· Registered
702 Posts
What does WWE's business have to do with TNA? I still don't get the "but the WWE does it" argument, especially when they weren't in the argument to begin with.
And especially considering WWE's pockets and talent budget is far, far greater than TNA's. I think people forget that Spike has footed big contracts for TNA in the past (and present). Spike was paying for Sting for a long time, they initially paid for Christian, and they paid Angle's contract as well. Hogan and Bischoff are being paid by Panda, not exclusively TNA. And now TNA is in cost cutting mode because of the bloated contracts of both Hardys, RVD, and Anderson, which is why they let some talent walk or low-ball them and then bring in young, inexpensive talent and hope they catch on just enough to keep them on but keep them underpaid.

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,092 Posts
What does WWE's business have to do with TNA? I still don't get the "but the WWE does it" argument, especially when they weren't in the argument to begin with.
Plus, WWE have a feeder promotion where they can send talent they don't need on TV immediately. And four shows a week to fill besides. They might be the two biggest feds, but they're in no way equivalent to each other.

Anyway. She has a good look. That's about all I can contribute. Hopefully she can help get the Knockouts division back to its best.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
I liked her Shimmer work. She's fun to watch. Good gimmick.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3. If WWE can hire new talent nearly every month without care, why is it a problem for TNA to do the same?
WWE has six hours of TV to play with (not including FCW). They also have such a strong enough brand identity that they can get away with rotating talent in and out of the undercard.

TNA's never-ending carousel of talent, debuting and disappearing from iMPACT, just makes the company look like a directionless clusterfuck.

Anyone would rather wrestle on TV in front of 1 million people rather than some Indy company.
I could name quite a few people who've turned down TNA to carry on working the indies.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Rayna is pretty hot, which might be an understatement.

· Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I liked her Shimmer work. She's fun to watch. Good gimmick.
Agreed. Plus, she a hilarious seller.

My favorite RVT moment was when she was facing Allison Danger during one of the SHIMMER volumes. She was literally begging Allison not to hit her finisher before getting taken out.

Again, I haven't seen her since ROH on HDNet, but hopefully she's improved.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.