Wrestling Forum banner

RVD vs Cesaro

2107 Views 24 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Lord Humongous
Am I alone to think that those two have great potential at a rivalry? I thought their match on RAW was great! Although Cesaro nearly dropped RVD on his head from that inverted pedegree powerbomb sorta thing..

Still - The connection is there; Paul H. I think given the right stage and upping the reward would lead those to to put on a hell of a match.. hope to see more of them together.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
7,195 Posts
I'm sorry OP, but the match was horrible, it goes to show that even the mighty Cesaro, king of the tv match can't even pull a decent 5 minute outing out of RVD these days.

Really disappointed in Rob, as he used to be one of my favourite wrestlers.

· Registered
107 Posts
Yeeaaahhhh... That was the worst match of the night. There wasn't even a close second. I did think RVD was getting spiked from that Tigerbomb(?) and it would have been unfortunate. As it was, the entire match was unfortunately taking place but at least nobody was hurt.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Was looking forward to Cesaro/RVD as I thought it'd be a great mix of unorthodox styles, but they just didn't click - they weren't on the same chapter, let alone the same page. Messed up spots, awkward transitions and an overall slow pace.

RVD's match with ADR was pretty bad last week too.

· Registered
1,800 Posts
I hope they don't carry this thing with Cesaro & RVD on, it would kill Cesaro's momentum imo. Cesaro can work with just about everyone and have a good match, so RVD needs to fuck off

Even the backstage segment was awful. They tried that little cute worked shoot element with Heyman's reputation with money

· Registered
4,883 Posts
The match was in absolutely no way horrible. Yeah it wasn't great, and it was very clunky but horrible is way too harsh. I think it is a good example for those who think RVD have lost it though, not that I think he has, but if I believed it and wanted to use evidence I'd probably use a couple of bits from this match.

I thought Van Dam's match with Del Rio last week was great though!

· Registered
50 Posts
RVD is an all time great but is too old to put out a quality match and hit all his spots. He must feel it too. Plus he has put some pound even since his last run.

I think a feud between the two is in the future which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Keeps cesaro occupied until the upper card picture clears up. Hopefully they can put on better matches

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

· Registered
1,779 Posts
It wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Swagger's interference muddled things a little bit but I'd be happy to see a lengthy feud between Cesaro and RVD over something like the IC title. Heyman tells the story and RVD's not as bad on the mic as everyone thinks he is when he's invested.

· Registered
2,242 Posts
Cesaro very rarely puts on a crap match. His match Vs RVD was not crap, nor was it as entertaining as Cesaro's recent matches have been. RVD is much slower than he was in the past. I hope Cesaro doesn't get caught up with RVD and continues the Swagger feud

· Registered
989 Posts
it wasn't great but nothing ao bad.
ot's funny how I don't see any "how great was Sheamus vs Barret" but just some "Barret is very good in the ring" thread...
oh my bad....there was Sheamus...you don't talk good about triple h lift partner

· Registered
7,195 Posts
Sheamus' matches have never been question on this forum I don't think. It's his Cena 2.0 character that people don't like. Everyone knows the guy can go. He always puts on solid matches, and although I'm a Barrett mark, I was looking forward to another Sheamus / Cesaro outing because their first match on Raw a few years back was amazing. Cesaro doing that behind the head rack bomb was awesome and wish Cesaro did it more.

· Registered
864 Posts
RvP has gone from Mr.Monday Night to Mr.Botch a Lot! The match was terrible.

· Registered
216 Posts
RVD has looked very lethargic and disinterested since returning. Also unlike last year, his condtioning seems significantly poor.

The match was slow and dull, its a shame Cesaro lost but he does need to finish tje angle with Swagger at ER so its fine in the grand scheme of things. Also at this stage I feel thst Cesaro is the likely MITB winner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.