Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RVD has sucked since he joined TNA. His first segment with TNA was botched and took too long. He didn't do much until he won the World Championship off of AJ on a TV episode. By the way, he botched a bunch of times in that match just like he does in most of his matches. After having another forgetful match with AJ at Slammiversary 8, he went on to feud with Abyss. His feud with Abyss spanned for the majority of his run and it would also make his run absolutely boring. The matches were bad. The story was bad. The World Championship on a whole looked bad. The way I see it, the only reason he won the title was because they didn't want the title on AJ anymore for some reason and they thought it was too soon to give it to Hardy. His World Championship run was shit and it only served to foreshadow the blandness of what was to come from RVD.

RVD is injured by Abyss and is forced to relinquish the belt. He eventually comes back and beats him at BFG 2010. What happens next? Well after his best friend, Jeff Hardy, turned heel, RVD became paranoid and started a feud with Sabu because he couldn't trust him. Basically this feud was nothing more than filler so that TNA could wait and build for a match between RVD and Hardy for either Lockdown or Slammiversary. I was actually looking forward to this. There was a story of a guy being backstabbed by his best friend (similar to Roode and Storm) and Hardy was someone that works a similar styles as RVD. Well, we didn't get what was planned. No, after months of watching RVD in a shitty feud and have shitty matches against the guys in EV2 (Sabu Dreamer, Rhino) they decide to have the match on free TV. After months of build they just give the match away for free as a surprise. RVD then faces Anderson at Victory Road, while Hardy has his meltdown and leaves TNA for several months.

This is the part of RVD's TNA career that soured me on him and makes me think that he's absolutely worthless to the company. Up until this point, whenever I saw RVD's name on the card of a PPV I thought, "Hey, he might have had bad matches with some other guys, but he might pull something off on Sunday". He never fucking did. And after Hardy left, the main event was revolved solely around him, Anderson, and Sting. For months RVD put shit matched with these guys.

After this he had a feud with Jerry Lynn. They fought at BFG and botched a bunch of times. They match sucked, and if it wasn't for the fact that RVD is famous, most people would shit on it like the piece of shit that it is.

Now after watching tonight's Impact, I have to say RVD doesn't deserve his title shot or main event spot. He is a hack. The only defense to having this guy in the main event scene is his fucking name value. He is a waste of space and it's a shame that Gunner didn't legit drive his skull into the concrete floor.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Woah, whatever you feel about his wrestling lately that last part is a bit harsh. Is that deserved?

I'll admit i was pumped to learn RVD was in TNA but he hasn't impressed me much from what i've seen, seems like he is going through the motions. He hasn't been on TV for a bit and wasn't his contract nearly up? Haven't seen this weeks show yet but i was hoping he would come back to relevance, only if his game had stepped up and his head was in the right place.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yea rvd hasnt been great since joining tna. his only good matches were against sabu and jerry lynn because he actually gave a shit. at least he'll be a good stepping stone for roode.

·
Banned
390 Posts
He is the worst.

Pushing RVD is one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever did. The guy NEVER drew a dime in this business. What moron actually thought having this pothead go over AJ styles was good for business? The celebration that followed, confetti and shit, was cringe-worthy as hell. Idiots run this company.

Relive the glory people..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ya honestly i always liked rvd but he has been damn disappointing for the most part. i kinda liked the rvd/sting/anderson fued for a while but other than that he just hasn't really delivered. the rvd ship might have sailed and they probably would be better to just cut their losses when his contract is up. unless the guy has something like a couple really insane matches like say anderson/angle had and just goes all out i can't see any reason to justify keeping him as of his run to this point with tna.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Who else should Roode face? It is just filler until they get to their next big thing.
how about actually elevating somebody instead of relying on this useless hack ?

i believe that rvd only agreed to come back for another year if he was gonna be pushed as a top guy. i wont be surprised if he has a guaranteed title run as part of his deal

·
Banned
911 Posts
RVD has sucked since he joined TNA. His first segment with TNA was botched and took too long. He didn't do much until he won the World Championship off of AJ on a TV episode. By the way, he botched a bunch of times in that match just like he does in most of his matches. After having another forgetful match with AJ at Slammiversary 8, he went on to feud with Abyss. His feud with Abyss spanned for the majority of his run and it would also make his run absolutely boring. The matches were bad. The story was bad. The World Championship on a whole looked bad. The way I see it, the only reason he won the title was because they didn't want the title on AJ anymore for some reason and they thought it was too soon to give it to Hardy. His World Championship run was shit and it only served to foreshadow the blandness of what was to come from RVD.

RVD is injured by Abyss and is forced to relinquish the belt. He eventually comes back and beats him at BFG 2010. What happens next? Well after his best friend, Jeff Hardy, turned heel, RVD became paranoid and started a feud with Sabu because he couldn't trust him. Basically this feud was nothing more than filler so that TNA could wait and build for a match between RVD and Hardy for either Lockdown or Slammiversary. I was actually looking forward to this. There was a story of a guy being backstabbed by his best friend (similar to Roode and Storm) and Hardy was someone that works a similar styles as RVD. Well, we didn't get what was planned. No, after months of watching RVD in a shitty feud and have shitty matches against the guys in EV2 (Sabu Dreamer, Rhino) they decide to have the match on free TV. After months of build they just give the match away for free as a surprise. RVD then faces Anderson at Victory Road, while Hardy has his meltdown and leaves TNA for several months.

This is the part of RVD's TNA career that soured me on him and makes me think that he's absolutely worthless to the company. Up until this point, whenever I saw RVD's name on the card of a PPV I thought, "Hey, he might have had bad matches with some other guys, but he might pull something off on Sunday". He never fucking did. And after Hardy left, the main event was revolved solely around him, Anderson, and Sting. For months RVD put shit matched with these guys.

After this he had a feud with Jerry Lynn. They fought at BFG and botched a bunch of times. They match sucked, and if it wasn't for the fact that RVD is famous, most people would shit on it like the piece of shit that it is.

Now after watching tonight's Impact, I have to say RVD doesn't deserve his title shot or main event spot. He is a hack. The only defense to having this guy in the main event scene is his fucking name value. He is a waste of space and it's a shame that Gunner didn't legit drive his skull into the concrete floor.
i 2st that 100%

·
Banned
653 Posts
If he wins the title and all that glittery shit falls from the roof on Impact, I will delete my account and never watch wrestling again.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
He is the worst.

Pushing RVD is one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever did. The guy NEVER drew a dime in this business. What moron actually thought having this pothead go over AJ styles was good for business? The celebration that followed, confetti and shit, was cringe-worthy as hell. Idiots run this company.

Relive the glory people..

You seem to think that drawing is the only thing that matters in wrestling.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The biggest thing holding TNA back is the guys like RVD who are getting paid a hell of a lot of money and simply don't contribute anything to the product. The company can't afford to do more impacts/PPVs on the road and this is partially because they are wasting so much money on useless talent, even if they didn't take shows on the road they could probably bring in 2 or 3 young indy talents who would not only contribute to the product but would actually care.

On paper RVD is a great opponent for Roode at this point, one of the biggest cult stars of the 90s and a former world champion. The problem is the match will probably be poor looking at RVD's track record in TNA and there will be a screwy finish given the way they seem to want to book RVD

·
Registered
253 Posts
Eh the problem with RVD imo is that there has been zero evolution to his character he's been pulling off the same shit for over 15 years and there hasn't been much change and unfortunately his body isn't what it once was and the fact that he's also out of shape doesn't help him at all Angle and Hardy can pull off doing the same shit they've been doing because they can still you know do the moves

RVD on the other hand is out of shape, a lot more immobile than he was years ago and its not like he was ever that good on the mic so he can't really further storylines from the mic and when you can't do that then you have to rely on your ring work and if its not up to scratch then the whole storyline flops

Its a shame because RVD can be a real asset to TNA if he got his ass in shape and learned how to work smarter in the ring he could still use the five star frog splash as a finisher but he could make a few minor alterations to his regular move-set instead of doing that awful insult to the fans intelligence called the monkey flip he could hit a clothesline in the corner pull of a snapmare into a dropkick boom there you go 3 moves which in a row its like a little chain of moves and people can buy it. Instead of the rolling thunder (because when he hits it he looks like he'll botch it and break his own neck) he could use a knee drop or an elbow drop instead of that ridiculous kick he does from the top rope where he looks like he can pull a hamstring why not a clothesline from the top rope and hasn't the guy ever heard of a suplex or a scoop slam a ddt could be a nice move to use in the middle of a match a neckbreaker wouldn't be bad either and neither would a variation of a backbreaker it would be something different from what he's been spewing out for like an eternity and hell RVD could even add a submission to his arsenal I mean nobody is using the clover leaf in mainstream pro wrestling and I'm sure Van Dam could pull off a dragon sleeper or a guillotine

Ok I know this post has gotten long but Van Dam could still be useful if he was properly motivated (if he needs motivation he should look at how much of a fool Shane Douglas has made himself look like), got himself into shape and if he learned how to work a bit smarter and accepted that he was over 40 and needed to change his style in the ring (not entirely but a few tweaks here and there wouldn't hurt)

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Since the discussion is who would face Roode instead of RVD. Why not Morgan or Crimson? Specially Morgan who was left out of the BFG series due to injury, he could call the title shot now.

Why give tv time to that lazy RVD? The guy is done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts