Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
W T F is this guy even talking about. He's waffling on and talking utter horse sh*t just for the sake of saying something to get attention. Washed up has been. Does he not also rate wrestling matches in a category of 5 stars?

Also we don't want all 3 hours to be ALL wrestling, that would be boring as hell. What we want is decent storylines, feuds and matches. We accept there will be filler involved but the product has to improve.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
What a dick!!!!!!!!!

Every stupid fake tv show and movie gets rated on a fake opinion system. Why bash wrestling fans for doing it too!??!?
Wtf does he think sites like metacritic and rottentomatoes are for!

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I think Russo's point is that fans are so focused on just the work rate in a match, the "hard core" fans that is, they ignore just about every other aspect of the product. Things like the story lines, promo's, comedy.... you know, the stuff that made wrestling great in it's biggest era's, many hard core fans ignore that stuff and just think whoever is the best at making fake fighting look athletic, should be the champ.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Never understood the collective hard-on for this guy on here in the past few months. All because he's been doing what literally thousands do every week – sit on the internet, rant about how shite the WWE is right now and point out the obvious in where they're going wrong.

This shows the guy's still prone to the odd brain fart. I quite like his Insider Insights for the old anecdotes and stories but I don't know why people still give a shit about his tired old notions of pro-wrestling we've heard a million times from him.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Guess Russo has turned heel (and senile) again.
Annnnddd there goes all his credibility.
Russo turned heel on the IWC again. It was a good few weeks.
:maury what are you guys talking about. He never wanted to impress you people. It was you people who started jerking off to his articles because he criticized the same people you dislike like Triple H, Stephanie and the WWE creative team.
What has he said on his blogs to make you think he became your friend? :lol
It is because he said that he is a big fan of Bray Wyatt? That Raw can be better? That we need more storylines and less pointless matches? Is it that?
Sorry but he said this because it's his opinion, not because he wanted that you like him.
You were the ones who screamed "Yippie! Russo became one of us!" Nope, Russo is the same like he was in 1996. He didn't became one of you, you became him because he criticized people you disliked and the first time he started to criticize you you started to act like little girls starting immediately to post old Russo jokes and old anti-Russo videos because he is hurting your little feelings :lol

Movies aren't real either, but many people rate them....

See, this is the danger with giving this guy any credibility. You know he will say or do something stupid really soon.
People also rate movies on a star system.
So according to Russo, The Godfather is not ***** because it's a fake movie.
You know for someone who is making fun of someone's stupidity you all have a really hard time to get such a simple point.
Take movies for example or to be precise the Godfather movie because it's posted as example. You rate the storyline in the movie, not the brawls because they are not real. They are portrayed as real in the movie but it's the actors who simulate a fight.
Here's a scene from the Godfather movie. Skip to 1:00

You don't give 2 or 5 stars to a Godfather movie because of fake fights, you rate the movie because of the story. Same with wrestling, you rate entertainment, not the actual match. That's like rating Rocky Balboa matches like it's a real boxing match

those comments are fucking slap in the face to legends like bret hart, hbk, kurt angle and the nature boy who dedicated themselves to producing some of the greatest matches of all time
yeah, telling guys who don't fight for real that their matches are not real is a real slap in the face :ti
What's next. Telling Christian Bale that he isn't a real superhero is an insult?
What's really ironic is that people who are upset at these comments are the first guys who will reply "wrestling is not real? No shit russo you idiot"

·
Registered
148 Posts
You don't give 2 or 5 stars to a Godfather movie because of fake fights, you rate the movie because of the story. Same with wrestling, you rate entertainment, not the actual match. That's like rating Rocky Balboa matches like it's a real boxing match
I don't know about anyone else but I don't just rate story in a movie, I rate the overall experience. I look at the movie/show as a whole. It's a bunch of things like story, characters, plot, development, setting, dialogue, genre, etc. I don't see why it can't be the same with pro wrestling.

If someone likes action in a movie and doesn't care for the plot that much then in that persons opinion they can give it 5 stars whereas someone who likes more plot and less action might only rate it 3 stars. It's all a matter of opinion.

If someone wants to rate a pro wrestling match highly because of either the wrestling aspect, story aspect, or both like most then I don't see why not.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Russo is obviously talking about the fans who watch the show solely for the in ring aspect and spurn the story/character side of it, and he's correct. Pure wrestling with no characters or stories can never, has never, and will never draw.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Is it too much to ask that there is a happy medium between wrestling and story? Strike the right balance and you have a truly great wrestling program. Story can make a match better and a great match can enhance a storyline.

Russo just flat out fails to understand wrestling. A wrestling match is a performance. Building excitement in the viewer through realism, timing, drama and dynamic movements is AN ART FORM.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
you rate the movie because of the story.
What a stupid comment.

The criteria on which serious people judge films goes well beyond just story. You have direction and acting, cinematography and special effects, soundtrack, etc.

You're obviously a student of the man, but you don't have to defend every dumb statement Russo makes, and if you value your free time, you shouldn't either.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts