Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russo is the last one from wrestling’s peak who hasn’t been brought back. Sadly, I don’t think Vince will ever swallow his pride and do it.

Here was WWE’s creative this week: Sasha says Stephanie is just jealous because Sasha and Bayley run the whole company.

Russo’s creative: Stephanie says “You think you run the company? Okay, then you’re going to run the company. Sasha, Bayley, next week on Raw you’re going to do it all - you’ll be setting up the food stands, you’ll be doing the catering, you’ll be bringing coffee to the interns - you think you run the whole company? Well, next week that’s exactly what you’re going to do”.

Now isn’t that a million times better than what we actually saw?

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
No, that's pretty shit, actually. Buries the talent. Makes them look stupid. If the McMahon shit weren't so overplayed, Stephanie McMahon vs. Sasha Banks - Boss vs. Boss does have some legs to it. It wouldn't be as hot as Austin vs. McMahon, but it's got something there. Have Sasha be the babyface that Stephanie sends the heel girls against. Bayley distances herself because she doesn't want to sabotage herself. "Fuck you, Bayley." Reasons for her to go after everyone.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Russo is the last one from wrestling’s peak who hasn’t been brought back. Sadly, I don’t think Vince will ever swallow his pride and do it.

Here was WWE’s creative this week: Sasha says Stephanie is just jealous because Sasha and Bayley run the whole company.

Russo’s creative: Stephanie says “You think you run the company? Okay, then you’re going to run the company. Sasha, Bayley, next week on Raw you’re going to do it all - you’ll be setting up the food stands, you’ll be doing the catering, you’ll be bringing coffee to the interns - you think you run the whole company? Well, next week that’s exactly what you’re going to do”.

Now isn’t that a million times better than what we actually saw?
And their response should collectively be....

“No”

The both laugh. Then they would say, “We are professional athletes who signed contracts to compete in WWE. We’re not servants. We’re not Office. We’re not you.” - Bayley

“So Stephanie, why don’t you go and fetch me a latte. That’s what office people do,” Banks says with a smile.

Stephanie starts to growl and begin the phrase her father made famous.

“Don’t even say it, sweetheart,” replies Banks. “Don’t even.”

“Yes, we’ve got Clarence Mason on retainer,” adds Bayley. “You fire us and we’ll end up owning so much of your damned company that we’ll be ringing the opening bell on Wall Street.”

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
The food stands? There's not even a crowd.

Stephanie doesn't do anything that was listed so I'm not sure how any of that promo even makes sense.

Also why would you have Stephanie McMahon humiliate your top stars? No one wants to see wrestlers get bossed around by the McMahons.
Right. There’s no payoff, so I wouldn’t proceed with it/

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
That would be dumb as shit. Where would that even lead?

No, that's pretty shit, actually. Buries the talent. Makes them look stupid. If the McMahon shit weren't so overplayed, Stephanie McMahon vs. Sasha Banks - Boss vs. Boss does have some legs to it. It wouldn't be as hot as Austin vs. McMahon, but it's got something there. Have Sasha be the babyface that Stephanie sends the heel girls against. Bayley distances herself because she doesn't want to sabotage herself. "Fuck you, Bayley." Reasons for her to go after everyone.
And make steph's final pick to go against Sasha, Bayley the corporate champion? I wouldnt be mad at that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I actually came across a clip of Russo's podcast on *twitter recently.

Apparently he hates Bayley. He hates 'Ding Dong Hello' and thinks Bayley should watch Mean Girls to see how to act as a heel. He probably thinks that's how all heel women should act. She is much closer to dorky role model Kurt Angle stressing the 3 I's than she is Regina George. Also said he would book Bayley by calling her and telling her she is not needed at tv ever again. Yup, he would tell one of the locker room leaders and one of the most popular women on the roster to stay home.

I'll be just fine if Russo never returns.

As far as the idea, if they were running the company it would make more sense for them to make Stephanie bring them coffee or run errands.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I actually came across a clip of Russo's podcast on *twitter recently.

Apparently he hates Bayley. He hates 'Ding Dong Hello' and thinks Bayley should watch Mean Girls to see how to act as a heel. He probably thinks that's how all heel women should act. She is much closer to dorky role model Kurt Angle stressing the 3 I's than she is Regina George. Also said he would book Bayley by calling her and telling her she is not needed at tv ever again. Yup, he would tell one of the locker room leaders and one of the most popular women on the roster to stay home.

I'll be just fine if Russo never returns.

As far as the idea, if they were running the company it would make more sense for them to make Stephanie bring them coffee or run errands.
I would have been tempted to make Bayley a cynical, broken heel more akin to Raven ultimately, someone broken by the pressures of the business and trying to be something that she wasnt. A desperate, dark character that Banks subtly tKes advantage of.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I wouldn't mind a Stephanie vs. Sasha feud. It sounds like it would be really entertaining but wouldn't work currently since she's a heel.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
And make steph's final pick to go against Sasha, Bayley the corporate champion? I wouldnt be mad at that.
That makes sense. Bayley wants none of Sasha’s fight and realises there is a short way to the top.

I would have been tempted to make Bayley a cynical, broken heel more akin to Raven ultimately, someone broken by the pressures of the business and trying to be something that she wasnt. A desperate, dark character that Banks subtly tKes advantage of.
I always wanted her in a leather jacket with a bunch of badges that reflect her history. She can add them as trophies now that she’s “Bad Bayley.”

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Ok, then what? They're forced to do catering and then what else? That's barely even interesting enough to last one Raw, where do things go after that?

I think the obvious route to go here is using Stephanie as a vehicle to split Bayley and Sasha up. They rebel against Stephanie, Sasha ends up wrestling her in a match on PPV (but not Summerslam, that's way too early), but Bayley turns against her and costs her the match. Sasha is left heartbroken that Bayley decided to throw away their long-term friendship just to curry favor with the boss, and this eventually leads to Sasha chasing redemption by winning the Rumble (or the Chamber, since Bayley costing Sasha the Rumble match adds fuel to the fire) and dethroning Bayley at Wrestlemania, with Stephanie possibly appointing herself as the referee to try and stack the odds against her. If they do another Evolution PPV sometime between October-December like they're rumored to, then that'd be the perfect time to pull the trigger on this.

·
NBA
3,293 Posts
and thinks Bayley should watch Mean Girls to see how to act as a heel.

That explains lots of things about how he booked, tbh. In fact, going by what some people on here say, it seems he ain't the only one who thinks a female promo ain't good if it doesnt sound like something out of that show or a Spice Girls song. Gee, frigging Gen-Xers.

As for the idea, only if Sasha and Bayley refuse and then orchestrate an attack on Steph to get her out of the way.

Reactions: Seafort

·
Custom User Title
3,283 Posts
Brooooooooooooooo
Sasha is going to attempt to infuriated Baley's speed racing crime organization, Bro.
Okay bro, but thing is, Sasha is really starting to bond with this ragtag group of misfits.
And that's swerve number one. Are you keeping up with me, Bro.
So we then have Sasha reveal to Baley that she's actually a cop. SERVED AGAIN.
Then the Rock comes at some point, Bro. It's fucking sweeeeeeettttt.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Steph is insufferable and the McMahons in general are played out. Also, all 3 are heels, so the payoff is a babyface Steph vs Banks? Dumb. Also, Russo's ideas are idiotic in this case.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts