Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just think how much a beast Rusev would look then he not only crushes Cena again at WM but he goes on to win the title I say at Summerslam.The Guy would be seen as the man who ran through everyone and could be this era Brock Lesnar who destroy everyone in his past.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
Re: Rusev Should Defeat Cena at WM Then Win The WWE Title later This Year.

He already beat Cena, and actually he's better off dropping the title and going after the WWE WHC, there's only so much he can do with the U.S title. I don't think Cena will win the belt from Rusev, but it would be best to have him drop it and move on to bigger and better things because the U.S title will not mean anything after he loses it. It doesn't mean as much now, it just plays off his gimmick.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

And then... lose to Roman Reigns. That way, you can make Reigns look even stronger.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts

Łegend Ќiller;45860369 said:
And then... lose to Roman Reigns. That way, you can make Reigns look even stronger.

Technically he already lost to Roman Reigns, but since it happened at a house show, it doesn't count. Rusev will probably have a title shot down the road this year. He will probably drop the U.S title in some fluke fashion. I don't even know what the title scene will be like 4 months down the road so I wouldn't be surprised if he got a title shot by Summerslam time.

·
Registered
893 Posts

Rusev vs Big Evil at Extreme Rules why not?

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts

Sadly, Rusev is not a long term plan for the WWE. He's short term and the plan for him is to be Cena's lunch.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Sadly, Rusev is not a long term plan for the WWE. He's short term and the plan for him is to be Cena's lunch.
I don't find it that sad since I don't think he has much potential anyway. He's just kind of a generic heel foreigner. I don't see any long-term potential with him outside of this current gimmick/push. WWE will milk all they can out of this streak then feed him to Cena, Reigns or whoever and that'll be the end of him for the most part.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts

I don't find it that sad since I don't think he has much potential anyway. He's just kind of a generic heel foreigner. I don't see any long-term potential with him outside of this current gimmick/push. WWE will milk all they can out of this streak then feed him to Cena, Reigns or whoever and that'll be the end of him for the most part.

He will probably be repackaged after his run as the foreign heel is over. Im surprised it has gone on this long. He's still going to be around since the WWE likes him.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Rusev is just about the only top young person they have not messed up with yet. He does not need a largescale repackage just because he might lose one match to the guy who has been the top player in the fed for a decade. Focus less on the Putin stuff and he will be fine. Even losing once to Cena.

If they bought him out the next night on Raw and had him tear someone decent apart, his heat would be fine. The problem starts when they think Cena needs to beat someone again and again to protect John.

Edit :

That said, I'd like Rusev to go over at 'Mania too. And Rusev vs Brock is one of the most potentially intriguing matches to be sure.

Reactions: Showstopper and CJ

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
That would be a good idea, but he's just a typical monster heel that loses to :cena2

Um he just beat Cena last weekend, and all monster heels eventually lose. Just like most of the monster heels got fed to Austin, Hogan, the Undertaker. Even Brock Lesnar is getting fed to Roman Reigns, even though the only reason he is because he's leaving.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
Should have been Reigns vs Rusev at Mania for the US title.... what a damn shame

I much rather see Ryback beat Rusev than Roman.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
That would be fine with me, anything to get Roman away from Brock..

I don't want to see it just as much as the next guy, but I've known and accepted that Roman is their guy, but that's another topic for another day. I prefer to see Rusev against Lesnar since really more of a threat than Reigns is.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Wouldn't it be a superb WM shocker for Rusev to defeat Cena again? Why should it be a given that Cena will win just because when lately he seems to be making efforts to put over talent (which is all that's left for him to do after all he's been allowed to achieve) Been considering this feud and, when heard Cena responding to HHH's 'old man', it is going to be THE throwback reason for Cena to consider IF he did lose at WM; many times in feuds where Cena has fallen short it's been a focus on his character (example when Rock defeated him & when he lost to Punk etc) so there is a slim chance Creative are setting up a curveball to add drama to Cena's performances lately. (remember took Ziggler to win SS and Cena to reinstate them)
Rusev can have a healthy run as US champ, much like Umaga had as IC champ, and an eventual dropping of the title could be through injury (like Bryan) so Rusev is offscreen briefly that way his 'streak' is maintained and title gone elsewhere leaving him open to challenge WWEWHC as suggested here. Lesnar v Rusev be massive to see as he's the only legit powerhouse left to face.

Reactions: Jonasolsson96

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
yep, that would be the only sensefull booking according to what his run was up to now.
but first:
i think he looses against cena. what makes no sense, because
second:
if i was wwe and would try to push reigns massive i would give him the first win over rusev.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I agree. They are really lacking topheels. Rusev could be the next Lesnar. Obviously not as talented but he'll do. The thing thats so good is if he wins the title he can later drop it and still be credible. If he loses to Cena now he,s done.

Reactions: LanaFan
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.