Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE superstar Rusev recently took a break from his busy schedule to speak with Reeltalker.com about his ongoing storyline with Lana, Liv Morgan, and Bobby Lashley. The dramatic and tumultuous love story that has unfolded is challenging everyone involved to bring out their best acting chops for the WWE Universe, and Rusev says that Vince McMahon has been complimentary about his performances.

"Vince pulled me aside and told me this is a great acting performance. I've never been complimented on my acting before that," Rusev said.

Rusev also mentioned how after his shoulder surgery and while on hiatus in 2017, he felt as though his character wasn't going anywhere in the storylines. This inspired him to change his look, cut off his hair, and return with the intention to stay relevant.

"I don't know why I cut it, I got so tired of it. Back before I cut it, I feel like nothing was going on in WWE [with my character] I was going out for shoulder surgery. So you know what? I got tired of it," Rusev explained.
Source: Rusev Reveals What Vince McMahon Thinks About His Recent Acting, Talks Changing His Look - Wrestling Inc.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rusev is great and the compliments are well deserved, however I don’t like how they prolong the feud to the point that people start tuning out.

There is only so much you can do with a storyline and this one feels stretched just becuase . I also don’t like how there are no real stakes in this. At least if one of the guys was an IC champ , they could have Done a couple title switches and could have naturally inserted other wrestlers to keep the feud fresh .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Rusev is great and the compliments are well deserved, however I don’t like how they prolong the feud to the point that people start tuning out.

There is only so much you can do with a storyline and this one feels stretched just becuase . I also don’t like how there are no real stakes in this. At least if one of the guys was an IC champ , they could have Done a couple title switches and could have naturally inserted other wrestlers to keep the feud fresh .
That's the problem, and this is one thing I hated about the Attitude Era where you have two people in a storyline for the sake of storytelling with no cliffhanger. And you give no reason why I should tune into see next week. You have Liv drop a bombshell at Lana/Lashley wedding(where did it go after that? nowhere! she just now someone for Lana to feud with while Rusev takes care of Lashley. You had Lashley lash out at lana twice, and one of em was for making it another match and a mixed tag one, did you follow it up with Lashley still upset he's facing Rusev on wwe programing? No, you didn't you made him look like dumbfounded love sick puppy dog.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Vince clearly likes Rusev despite the fact so many people on here are under the impression that he hates Rusev for getting over on his own and wants to bury him into the ground.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,804 Posts
His acting is mediocre but he's an Underrated performer being used as a cuck in his current storyline to really can't make excuses for him losing 3 times in a row to Lashley with the kind of angle they are working it's not like someone will pull him out into the bigger picture of success like with Buddy Murphy.

·
Team AEW
2,906 Posts
Vince clearly likes Rusev despite the fact so many people on here are under the impression that he hates Rusev for getting over on his own and wants to bury him into the ground.
If Vince really liked Rusev, than the guy wouldn't have been jobbed out by Lashley 3 times in a row, 1 of which was losing to his ex-wife also. Your wife cheats on you, then makes her new husband beat you multiple times, then practically beats you herself. It's hard to get buried more than that. Besides, you know how Vince is - he'll try to spew a lot of shit at you, make you compliments, promises, etc, only to lie straight to your face. We've seen these stories multiple times. He never proves these compliments with actions. When he pushes you - that's when he likes you, otherwise don't listen to him. Look, Rusev didn't sign a new deal, so it makes sense. But I hope Rusev isn't getting fooled. If he re-signs, the jobbing will simply continue. If they wanted him to be something, they would've given him a World Title years ago, trust me. Vince doesn't wait with this stuff. He either puts the belt on you, or he doesn't, and you're fucked.

Fuck me, if I'm Rusev - after all that humiliation I'm running to AEW at full speed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
He has been in the main event/main angle for the past couple of months now. I am sure he does not have many complaints, the crowd reactions he is receiving is stronger than they have ever been.

·
Team AEW
2,906 Posts
He has been in the main event/main angle for the past couple of months now. I am sure he does not have many complaints, the crowd reactions he is receiving is stronger than they have ever been.
The crowd reactions won't get him shit. Looking dominant will. The positive results of his matches will. The world titles will. He doesn't have any of that. It's not a push, it's a burial to teach a lesson that without WWE he's nothing, and it's up to him if he wants to continue to be a bitch or actually have some balls and leave for the better place. That's exactly what Ambrose did, worked wonders for him.

This is no punishment. He is happy to be reality tv wannabe wrestler and person. People should stop thinking about him as he gives any shit about his wrestling career.
If you don't give a shit about your wrestling career, then you don't talk about being frustrated about never holding the WWE Championship in interviews. And Rusev does.

·
Premium Member
16,715 Posts
The crowd reactions won't get him shit. Looking dominant will. The positive results of his matches will. The world titles will. He doesn't have any of that. It's not a push, it's a burial to teach a lesson that without WWE he's nothing, and it's up to him if he wants to continue to be a bitch or actually have some balls and leave for the better place. That's exactly what Ambrose did, worked wonders for him.

If you don't give a shit about your wrestling career, then you don't talk about being frustrated about never holding the WWE Championship in interviews. And Rusev does.
The absolute and entire definition of smark all in one post. Congrats.

He got a huge crowd reaction as the Bulgarian brute and had a single's match against John Cena his first year on the roster. He got a huge reaction with Rusev day and got a singles push and all new merchandise. All fans (hesitant to call you a fan) are reacting positively to Rusev in win or loss. Titles haven't met anything in WWE for years, especially right now when it's not even around. A title doesn't take a ruined wrestler and revive them but a wrestler can take a ruined title and revive it. If being featured on TV every week, for 20+ minutes, and getting your storyline continued and featured as the most viewed segments on youtube is a failure, then I'd love to hear your standards for being well received by the audience.

If you give a shit about your wrestling career, then you should act like you want the title of your company - however non-important the company has made it. Should he come out and say "I have no goals. WWE title? Who would want that?"

You have no concept of what is scripted, part of the show, and what is real. Don't pretend you do because you make embarrassing posts like this. lol

Quote of the day "Crowd reactions won't get him shit". lol

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
the acting has been mostly terrible, especially Lana. Might as well go full comedy with the angle and have RuRu pull a swerve and cheat on her

storyline ends with everyone having an orgy and they all become friends like Torrie Wilson/Billy Gunn vs. Nidia/Jamie Noble feud.

·
Premium Member
9,763 Posts
It's crazy to think Russev debuted as a Bulgarian brute who hated the USA. Such a generic gimmick that fades once beaten. He's been able to re-invent himself again and again, so props to him.

the acting has been mostly terrible, especially Lana. Might as well go full comedy with the angle and have RuRu pull a swerve and cheat on her
View attachment 82235

storyline ends with everyone having an orgy and they all become friends like Torrie Wilson/Billy Gunn vs. Nidia/Jamie Noble feud.
Lol. We get them as a faction with Lana/Liv tag champs and Bobby/Russev tag champs as well. RATINGS.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've been giving it some thinking and truly believe this storyline was going to be Rusev/Maria/Lana/Mike/Lashley, But I think when Mike asked for his release it really through a wrench in the plans. So the company asked the three what did they wanted to do? And they said we should continue this going forward and it'll figure itself out. (so Rusev and Lana can be seen as team players and make up for fucking it up them first time with Dolph Ziggler.)

·
Team AEW
2,906 Posts
He got a huge crowd reaction as the Bulgarian brute and had a single's match against John Cena his first year on the roster. He got a huge reaction with Rusev day and got a singles push and all new merchandise. All fans (hesitant to call you a fan) are reacting positively to Rusev in win or loss. Titles haven't met anything in WWE for years, especially right now when it's not even around. A title doesn't take a ruined wrestler and revive them but a wrestler can take a ruined title and revive it. If being featured on TV every week, for 20+ minutes, and getting your storyline continued and featured as the most viewed segments on youtube is a failure, then I'd love to hear your standards for being well received by the audience.
Yeah, and it's not like a wrestler with the popularity level like this could become a huge star on the main roster. I guess the main event money isn't worth a damn.

He never got any singles pushes. He barely worked some main event programs, lost all of them, and the rest 90% of the time was floundering doing nothing. The fans "gave" him a push with the Rusev Day stuff, but the company did not support it, in fact they've purposely shut it down, so in the end this "push" doesn't matter.

I don't consider fan popularity as the only measure of success. It does matter, no doubt. But also wins do matter, titles do matter, because they tell everyone that the company believes in you. If Rusev loses match after match, after match to the guy that stole his wife, than why should I bother watching the product where someone I like is constantly getting buried? I'm not gonna give them my money for my favorite to continue get treated like shit.

But what do I know, I guess, I'm not a fan.

a wrestler can take a ruined title and revive it.
That never happened, btw. Don't throw at me examples like Miz getting the IC title to the relevant position, because he didn't do that. If WWE doesn't position the title as the top prize, no wrestler can possibly revive it.

If you give a shit about your wrestling career, then you should act like you want the title of your company - however non-important the company has made it. Should he come out and say "I have no goals. WWE title? Who would want that?"
No. If he didn't want a world title, he simply would say something like "I just love to entertain, titles come and go", or smth. Instead, he directly said he wanted to become the champion, but can't get it from Vince. He is clearly frustrated about that, and he has every right to be. You seriously implying he shouldn't care about titles, because they "haven't meant anything for years", well who makes the more money, Rusev or Roman Reigns, a multiple time world champion? And who is more over? I guess that doesn't matter in your head, and Rusev shouldn't care about that. He's just making way less than some less deserving others, doesn't matter that he's more over, that's seems fair right? Yeah, fuck titles.

You have no concept of what is scripted, part of the show, and what is real. Don't pretend you do because you make embarrassing posts like this. lol
k.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts