Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rusev is pleased in his current role.

The ongoing cheating angle between Bobby Lashley, Lana, and Rusev is one of the most divisive angles in wrestling. Many fans, including those within WWE, have rejected the storyline, feeling it's a waste of all three performers. However, the YouTube numbers for the angle have been strong and it's continued to make headlines, both good and bad.

peaking to Digital Spy, Rusev once again defended the angle.

"Not many people are willing to do something like this, but we're professionals so, of course, we're used to it," he said. "[Being professional] is what any other actor does, you know, when you're going to step on stage or whatever. This is no different than that. Just because Corey Graves doesn't like it or somebody else it doesn't mean anything. Obviously, the numbers speak for itself, we're the highest-viewed YouTube video in a long, long time. I'm stoked about it. We have fans that are not even fans of WWE that tune in because they like the drama. That's what I don't understand, when you watch Game of Thrones or any of your favourite shows there's always a scandal, there's always things like that. That's why I don't understand why some people are trying to reject that. It's just those super ultra fans in their basement that are trying to reject it, which it is what it is, you know, if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it."

Rusev previously called the storyline "the hottest story going." You can view his full comments by clicking here.

The latest chapter in the saga saw Lana fake her pregnancy on Raw to set up Lashley attacking Rusev. You can view highlights from the angle by clicking here.
Source: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/rusev-only-super-ultra-basement-fans-are-trying-reject-cheating-storyline?utm_source=TW-FightfulWrestling&utm_medium=Fightful Wrestling News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic
My respect for Rusev went out the angle. He is another corporate chill, tool and fool. :mj2

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,060 Posts
Oh Rusev. Have you learned nothing from Rollins downfall? Being a corporate schill and going in on the fans will not get you anywhere.

I get not biting the hand that feeds you. Talking about how shit the angle is does Rusev no favours, but insulting the fans who dont like it is just stupid. And it this carny sort of mentality that has led to Pro Wrestling losing its fanbase and being entirely uncool. Just complete refusal to put out a product that people actually want to watch and instead trying to tell them what they have to enjoy, and insulting them if they dont.

·
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Way to get fan support behind ya Rusev lol.
Oh, I can imagine Aiden singing "Cucksev Day". For real though this is going to fucking kill Rusev day again but it won't be WWE's fault this time. Not Lana. Not even Bobby. It will be Rusev's fault.

·
15,060 Posts
You have to wonder at the logic and thought processes behind these statements. Do these carnies actually think insulting their fans will make them change their tune? Does Rusev or whichever McMahon told him what to say think anyone out there will go "Rusev is right, and I dont want to be a basement dweller so now I love this angle".

·
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to wonder at the logic and thought processes behind these statements. Do these carnies actually think insulting their fans will make them change their tune? Does Rusev or whichever McMahon told him what to say think anyone out there will go "Rusev is right, and I dont want to be a basement dweller so now I love this angle".
You know what Eva, my friend. I have defended him once a blue moon. But man this just sat on my lap. Spat at my face as a once fan not anymore. Not after this morning. I was hoping he was on drugs or on the booze but as seen on Total Divas. He does none. He's a bore. I hope in the future Mr.Cuck 3.0. I hope the new money in that contract was wroth it cause you lost fans after this statement.

·
15,060 Posts
You know what Eva, my friend. I have defended him once a blue moon. But man this just sat on my lap. Spat at my face as a once fan not anymore. Not after this morning. I was hoping he was on drugs or on the booze but as seen on Total Divas. He does none. He's a bore. I hope in the future Mr.Cuck 3.0. I hope the new money in that contract was wroth it cause you lost fans after this statement.
I'm a big Rusev fan, he's one of the guys I want to see in the Main Event. He's got the charisma, personality and mic skills to warrant being in the Main Event as opposed to all the bland turds we're stuck with.

But this was just sad. Though I will be honest and say I can see why he'd say it, I'm sure he's sick of jobbing all the time, and probably hopes being a corporate shill will get him a push. It wont though, because a McMahon has to hand pick you at the start if you're ever going to succeed, and that's final.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
It made sense when Rollins would blindly defend WWE's booking he coming from a completely different perspective. He's one of the top guys in the WWE, was always booked well, and is the strongest booked out of the entire Shield faction. So, you can get why Rollins would be quick to defend WWE even be delusional enough to believe what he's saying. Rusev on the other hand, when he was getting over with Rusev Day the WWE clipped his wings. Then, the next time we see him is with an underwhelming return against Maria's boy toy. Now, he's in this ridiculous cuck angle and actually has the nerve to defend this atrocious booking? He just sounds more ridiculous than Rollins given his position on the roster and how awful he's been booked.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,848 Posts
Way to get fan support behind ya Rusev lol.
Oh, I can imagine Aiden singing "Cucksev Day". For real though this is going to fucking kill Rusev day again but it won't be WWE's fault this time. Not Lana. Not even Bobby. It will be Rusev's fault.
If someone had to say something like that it could have been Lashley you know the Heel in all of this who could further use the heat, Vince used that as an excuse to defend this storyline recently.

Rusev isn't doing himself any favors and as the Babyface a portion have no reason to give him sympathy.

·
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If someone had to say something like that it could have been Lashley you know the Heel in all of this who could further use the heat, Vince used that as an excuse to defend this storyline recently.

Rusev isn't doing himself any favors and as the Babyface a portion have no reason to give him sympathy.
The worst part is that Rusev is a babface in this storyline but yet acting like a government heel outside of it by blasting the fans for not enjoying the storyline. I guess he wants to keep seeing his wife kiss another man and get well you know seed in her as well. He is now a cuck boy in my world. I can't fuck with anymore. I just can't.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I hate this storyline but I agreed with everything he said until the last line. He is an actor and is doing his job however I don't think that YouTube views is an indicator of everyone enjoying it. IDK how views are counted but when I scroll through videos on YouTube on my phone the videos play automatically if I pause my scrolling. Plus other countries i.e. India and Saudi Arabia were WWE is super popular probably don't get the tv shows live so they watch YouTube first because they upload it so fast.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
... so Rusev enjoys watching his wife play tonsil hockey with another dude while "his character" is made to look like a buffoon?

Okay, whatever man. Just don't start shitting on the f-- aaaaand he's shitting on the fans.

... great.

The fans were the only ones keeping Rusev's career afloat and now he's shitting on them. Smart.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
I cant stop laughing. Seriously.

I think after this, Rollins, CM Punk etc. Its safe to say, not everything is Vince's fault. These guys are just as responsible for their careers. Any fanboy/fangirl defending these clowns for bad booking need to just stop now and realize. These people are not victims, Vince isnt the big baddie all the time and most importantly, stop defending and fighting for them on forums like you know them personally.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts