Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AJ Styles appears to be set to face Randy Orton at Wrestlemania, as the Phenomenal One challenged Orton on this past Tuesday’s episode of Smackdown Live. However, it seems that the feud will be done after that event, as Styles is already rumored for another feud once Wrestlemania is over. According to Cageside Seats, Styles is rumored to pick up his feud with Samoa Joe again in the spring.

Styles and Joe fought against each other last year while Styles was the WWE champion, and Joe lost nearly every match on PPV the two had against each other. Now Jow is United States Champion and Styles is the one without a belt.
Source: https://411mania.com/wrestling/rumored-plans-for-aj-styles-after-wrestlemania/

·
Premium Member
43,968 Posts
Re: Rumored Plans For AJ Styles After Wrestlemania

I remember in TNA when I got sick of seeing AJ Vs. Christopher Daniels. By the time 2011 rolled around, I was like "Guys! Its over! We've seen it a million times! Move on!".

Well, now WWE has picked up that baton and has driven AJ's feud with his other classic TNA opponent, Samoa Joe, into the ground. I mean, I feel like we're kinda done here.

Why not set up AJ Vs. Rey Mysterio for Summerslam? There's something I'd like to see.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

I remember in TNA when I got sick of seeing AJ Vs. Christopher Daniels. By the time 2011 rolled around, I was like "Guys! Its over! We've seen it a million times! Move on!".

Well, now WWE has picked up that baton and has driven AJ's feud with his other classic TNA opponent, Samoa Joe, into the ground. I mean, I feel like we're kinda done here.

Why not set up AJ Vs. Rey Mysterio for Summerslam? There's something I'd like to see.
Why would the WWE give fans what they want to see?? It's not like the McMahons have come out to the ring any time in the last few months and told everyone that they are going to start giving the fans things they actually want to see.......

Quit living in a fantasy world will you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nah, i think this is a fake news. I am pretty sure Orton vs Styles feud will continue for next 2 - 3 PPV

I love these two, but this sounds like both of them are staying on Smackdown, and I kinda wish that AJ would move to Raw and work with some other people at this point. Plus, they weren't exactly having these amazing matches or anything either.
I liked their matches TBH. Only fuck finishes ruined it

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,072 Posts

That sucks. So we have to watch Samoa Joe lose clean to AJ AGAIN? They JUST feuded. What are we gonna bring up the Wendy thing again?

·
Southern Pride
3,420 Posts

We have also seen AJ Styles fight for the US Championship before. Granted, it was against Owens, but still.

AJ may be the heart of SDL or whatever, but he really needs to go to RAW. AJ vs. Joe has been done enough for now. AJ has done nearly everything that he could do on SDL at this point (after this feud with Orton) and it doesn't help him to repeat what he just did for the past several years instead of having potential fresh matches/feuds with McIntyre, Rollins, Reigns, Strowman, Lashley, Balor, etc.

If Black and Ricochet are on the main roster full time now, why not break them up and do Black vs. AJ Styles for awhile? or AJ vs. Mysterio if kept on SDL? So many better options.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts

Joe losing that feud the last time was the wrong call, so no way in Hell should he be losing to AJ again. Also can we not do some fresh matchups. What about Andrade, or Mustafa Ali, or one of the New Day in a single's program, or one of the NXT call-ups, etc. No need to keep recycling the same feuds over and over and over again.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

Seriously? That feud has been driven into the ground, resurrected, then driven into it again. Stick a fork in it, it's done

Orton/Styles will definitely fight on at least one more PPV. It's a fresh rivalry between two of the biggest stars on Smackdown and there's only three weeks to build to their first encounter at WM. Would be very nonsensical to kill it right after that

·
Premium Member
12,014 Posts

I'll believe it when I see it. I think AJ is more likely to move to Raw this year.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Only good if both AJ and Joe end upon Raw. AJ needs fresh feuds with Raw guys like Rollins, Lashley, Strowman, McIntrye etc. Plus you have IC title and then universal title so fresh title reigns to.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts

Well...the U.S. title scene is treated like it's a bunch of nostalgia feuds, Bobby Roode, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, even Shinsuke Nakamura if you count his Japan lineage, R-Truth, Samoa Joe now we're going back to AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe? Meanwhile the WWE title scene has been for new stuff...like The New Day! And The New Daniel Bryan! It makes sense! :p

Reactions: Eva MaRIHyse
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.