Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE’s expansion into Saudi Arabia is bringing an insane amount of money to the table and making major things happen. The WWE Universe had accepted the fact that Shawn Michaels had retired and wouldn’t wrestle a match again. However, the Saudis’ money could bring him back to the ring and a $20 million offer to The Rock could do the same.

These are incredible money offers, but it seems WWE officials are asking several other legends about possible returns. According to a new report from DirtySheets, Stone Cold Steve Austin is at the top of WWE’s list. The report is claiming the WWE Hall of Famer is now training for an in-ring return that could take place at ‘Crown Jewel’ in November.

Stone Cold hasn’t wrestled a match in almost 16 years, but rumors continuously come to light every year about an in-ring return. The Saudi’s financial power is making some big things happen. Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer isn’t holding his breath for him to wrestle in Saudi Arabia. On the other hand, an appearance is highly likely for Austin.

If we think about this realistically, The Texas Rattlesnake has about a month to prepare for ‘Crown Jewel.” On paper, a full match seems out of the question. Stone Cold training for a tag team match or something smaller could be in the cards with the right booking.

There’s no doubting Stone Cold Steve Austin’s star power in 2018. Vince McMahon and WWE officials have made it clear that Saudi Arabia is very important to the company going forward. As a result, they’re willing to bring back major WWE legends. It’s just going to take a minute to see what someone like Austin is capable of doing in the ring.
Source: https://wrestlingrumors.net/williammccormick/stone-cold-steve-austin-crown-jewel/

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
"DirtySheets"

:lol

Hey, for the money they're getting for these shows now, nothing will surprise me anymore. But I sure as shit ain't betting on a report from "DirtySheets."

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,145 Posts
So WWE is going the Rock $20M of their $45M Saudi deal? That's nonsense. When you put shit like that in your article it kinda makes the rest not worth reading.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I'll wait for a credible source, but this does make sense. If they got HBK out of retirement, I can easily see Austin doing it, although I do have to wonder why Saudi Arabia would want somebody whos act revolved around excessive drinking and middle fingers.....I imagine that won't be on the menu if he's there.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Again, Dirty Sheets is about as reliable as the North Korean news service. Wait until more credible people report on stuff like this.

That said, the thought has crossed my mind. Austin has said that he still has a couple of years left in him if he really wanted to go. If they want to go all out for these things, someone has to be thinking about it.

Even though he's my all time favorite, I don't want to see Austin back. Like HBK, he went out in the best way possible and we have no bad memories of him. That said, I can't blame anybody for not turning down seven figures for one night of work, and I have to imagine they'll throw some of those nights at him at this rate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.