Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Randy Orton will make his return to television on tonight's episode of Raw, likely to set up a match with Seth Rollins at Fast Lane.

If and when Undertaker returns, and it's expected he will to work with Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 31, it looks likely it won't be until after Fast Lane.

WWE will announce the next member of the Hall of Fame on tonight's episode of Raw. There's been some word that Ray Stevens could be the next in.

Bo Dallas and Heath Slater both recently returned to active wrestling at house shows and are expected back on TV at any time.

Although Wanderlei Silva may not come to WWE, he could do some pro wrestling in IGF, according to the Observer.
via cagesideseats

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
also some poster on comment section that he claims he has heard WWE has decided to to make the main event a Triple Threat:

Here's a rumor
As most of you know by now, WWE had planned for Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler for WrestleMania. Those plans are out and Bryan will be inserted into the main event of WrestleMania. Vince McMahon was against doing a three way just two weeks ago but he changed his mind. The feeling at the time was that Vince felt that since they did the three-way last year that they didn’t want to go to the well again. Despite what some believe, Vince does listen to crowd reactions and the crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble made him rethink everything. Vince held a meeting and made the decision to make the match a three-way.

Right now the plan for WrestleMania 31 is for Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar

\__O___/

by jsims2 on Feb 9, 2015 | 2:20 AM reply
well read something similar but it was from unreliable WNW (that Vince & Hunter will have Reigns in the main event no matter what happens @ Fast Lane & that its either Reigns/Lesnar or Bryan/Reigns/Lesnar)

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I'm so against another triple threat but I suppose this will be a way to put the title on Reigns while protecting Brock from taking the pin.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,478 Posts
Its about time Randy came back.

And even though the Lesnar vs Reigns match especially the ending will be bad, doing the exact same thing as last year with the same guy is lazy as. WWE should have continued building someone like Ziggler up rather than letting him cool off, that way they wouldn't have to use bryan in this spot 2 years in a row.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
No more triple threats at Mania.

Vince fucked up so now he either has to call an audible and change the main event to Lesnar vs. Bryan, or stick with Reigns vs. Lesnar and watch his handpicked Cena successor flop. Maybe then he'll finally realize how detrimental he is to the company.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm so against another triple threat but I suppose this will be a way to put the title on Reigns while protecting Brock from taking the pin.
I don't think the WWE cares about "protecting" Brock all that much. If they did, he wouldn't have lost clean to Cena in his return match, lost clean to Triple H, and he wouldn't have failed to collect even one clean win prior to ending the streak. The WWE booked Brock about as strongly as Heel Orton prior to Wrestlemania XXX, which sounds crazy but is true.

I think Bryan will most likely join the match so him and Brock together can carry his ass to something watchable, ie, Bryan and Brock do most of the work in the ring while a gassed-out Reigns chills in the corner or takes a nap on the floor to recuperate whenever necessary...which will probably be a lot.

I actually think it's more likely that Bryan somehow gets the pin/submission on Brock (and then gets curb stomped and loses the title to Rollins immediately afterward) at this stage if that rumor's true, because the WWE will probably want to build sympathy for Reigns as a face by saying "Oh, Bryan got into a main event he didn't deserve and didn't even pin or submit THE POWERHOUSE REIGNS to win the title." And then they can draw out a title chase for Reigns where he repeatedly fails to get the win until people actually want to see him get the win at some point.

I'm not sure if that'll work, but I think that might be their thought process now.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'm not really feeling another triple threat match, but I guess if it's that or Reigns/Lesnar only, I'll take the triple threat.
right now they have no choice but keep Reings in the main event after the Rumble win & already having Reigns tell Brock that he is going to beat him etc., unless he turns heel & faces John Cena or Rocky @ WM 31.

Thats only thing that would make Vince remove him completely. But I seriously doubt that will happen because he wants another John Cena redemption storyline with Rusev and Dwayne is very busy with movies.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I don't think the WWE cares about "protecting" Brock all that much. If they did, he wouldn't have lost clean to Cena in his return match, lost clean to Triple H, and he wouldn't have failed to collect even one clean win prior to ending the streak. The WWE booked Brock about as strongly as Heel Orton prior to Wrestlemania XXX, which sounds crazy but is true.
He's been booked wonderfully since WM and very protected. What happened two years prior is irrelevant. The recent is really all that matters and if he loses the belt, he won't be the one eating the pin.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
He's been booked wonderfully since WM and very protected. What happened two years prior is irrelevant. The recent is really all that matters and if he loses the belt, he won't be the one eating the pin.
Even then, not really. Sure he got to squash Cena at SummerSlam, but they basically erased that by making him look like a joke at Night of Champions. It didn't help that commentators repeatedly screamed "CENA HAD THE MATCH WON" every couple of seconds between September and January too. Then they overcompensated at the Rumble by giving Brock one of the strongest-booked superman performances ever.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'd rather see Bryan v Ziggler than another triple threat because I can't see Bryan winning the title again.
Reigns is going over, unless Brock re-signs and Vince changes his mind, which is unlikely (Vince changing his mind)

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Even then, not really. Sure he got to squash Cena at SummerSlam, but they basically erased that by making him look like a joke at Night of Champions. It didn't help that commentators repeatedly screamed "CENA HAD THE MATCH WON" every couple of seconds between September and January too. Then they overcompensated at the Rumble by giving Brock one of the strongest-booked superman performances ever.
That's true. I hated his booking there but overall I feel they've done pretty good during his run. We'll see if they screw it up at Mania but I think he'll be made to look strong if Bryan is indeed inserted into the match.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Yea not feeling another triple threat tbh, I am happy for Bryan and the fact Reigns isn't just closing by himself vs Lesnar but he should never have won the Rumble in the first place.

It's 2 years straight now lets see if they fuck it up again next year.

Excited to see Orton again aswell.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
We had Rock vs Cena two years in a row. They don't mind giving us shit 2 years in a row so why can't we have something good 2 years in a row? Triple threat is better than nothing.

Thank you Vince. Thank you Vince. Thank you Vince :Bryan

·
Unpaid Idiot
838 Posts
I'm a fan of Daniel Bryan, but I would rather Bryan be nowhere near this mess. All that Bryan's involvement will achieve is for someone that Vince can attribute any blame to, should he be looking for a scapegoat.

Bryan isn't winning a triple threat at Mania, Reigns is, the only question is who does Reigns beat?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.