Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Talksport.com, WWE is currently considering a pair of matches at WrestleMania 36, both involving Lesnar against a non-traditional opponent. The first option would be Cain Velasquez in a rubber match after Velasquez won in the UFC but Lesnar defeated him at Crown Jewel in October. On the other hand, should Tyson Fury defeat Deontay Wilder to become the WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World on February 22, it is possible that Fury could be facing Lesnar. Fury previously wrestled at Crown Jewel, defeating Braun Strowman via DQ.
Both of these scenarios sound atrocious

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,333 Posts
  • Velasquez got little to no reaction when he appeared in WWE. And Fury would be an equally bad option too for obvious reasons. And there's no way Fury would beat Lesnar for the title. Both are terrible options. They should just have a full-timer (Orton, McIntyre, Styles, Black or Owens) beat Lesnar at WrestleMania. Lesnar holding the title for such long periods on multiple occasions since the past few years has become tiring.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I feel they are beginning to slowly throw out signs of making McIntyre more likable heel tweener. His comments about not getting a title shot yet resonated with fans. He made the joke about his voice being sexy. Small things are getting good cheers. Look at the Mania title matches and you'll see a trend of the Vince match and the HHH match.

2019 - Seth vs. Lesnar / Bryan vs. Kofi
2018 - Brock vs. Reigns / Styles vs. Nakamura
2017 - Lesnar vs. Goldberg / Wyatt vs. Orton

Wyatt vs. Orton is slightly off but Orton is a HHH guy we all know.

So I think we are looking at a superhuman matchup between Lesnar vs. McIntyre to let Vince have his dream match.

Then we'll have the interesting stylistic matchup of like...Bray vs. I'm hoping not Roman because the dynamic isn't right with Bray being a babyface heel. Roman now getting over and defeating Bray wouldn't be a good move unless Bray drops the belt before them to somebody else. But we'll see. This threat is about Lesnar.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
If its the first match and not a main event go ahead. Do the MMA junk then Brock can leave early. These matches would be shit on if the main event.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wish Drew McIntyre is pushed for once, and not a bloody fake Braun Strowman/Samoa Joe push, but a REAL push where he actually wins.

I was mighty indifferent about him ever since his return and was booked to be a lackey to Ziggler, then Ziggler/Braun/Corbin, and then Shane. The physique was damn impressive but each time he made an entrance or spoke on the mic, the crowd would be dead/indifferent and the "Scottish Psychopath" nonsense just didn't resonate, as if I instinctively knew that this guy would never WIN, and it just so happened.

But his recent subtle character switch endeared him to me. For the first time. I loved hearing him as his natural personality/accent/wit shone through, especially in that segment with Orton. (heck, I loved the part where he was like "I'm out Randy, this is a Randy Orton problem, so ciao! peace out!)

And he's solid in the ring and such a relief in an era of suicide dives, superkicks, flips, and whatever Bray Wyatt wrestles as(garbage basically).

So yeah. And I'm a fan of Luke Harper as well. If it comes to Lesnar vs McIntyre. I'll be amazed.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts