Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rumor. George RR Martin From Software game

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/george-rr-martin-ive-consulted-on-a-video-game-out-of-japan

A Song of Fire and Ice writer George R.R. Martin has consulted on a video game developed in Japan, the novelist said in a blog post.

Back in March, YouTube channel Spawn Wave published a video discussing a rumor regarding the next project from Dark Souls and Bloodborne developer From Software, which stated it is an open-world title on which George R.R. Martin is one of the lead writers, with various kingdoms to visit and abilities to obtain from killing the leaders of those kingdoms.

A person familiar with ongoings at From Software has told Gematsu that the project—said to be known internally as “GR” (Gematsu has been asked to only share the acronym) and in development for the past three years—is an open-world title (with horse riding) and collaboration between Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin published by Bandai Namco, which will be officially announced at Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference. While we have not been able to verify this information through additional sources, we have decided to share what we have heard in light of R.R. Martin’s blog post.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Just face the :fact that the last two books are never going to be completed

Not by GRRM anyway

Because GRRM is now addicted to attending cons where he gets fawned over and being paid big bucks to be a "producer"

Ain't no time to finish ASOIAF with all that going on

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Just face the :fact that the last two books are never going to be completed

Not by GRRM anyway

Because GRRM is now addicted to attending cons where he gets fawned over and being paid big bucks to be a "producer"

Ain't no time to finish ASOIAF with all that going on
I've accepted that for sure, and will never support any of his BS until Winds, I know that really doesnt matter fiscally to him, but the fact is there is better series out there just gotta know where to look.

·
NBA
2,590 Posts
Don't care if it is ASoIaF or Tuf voyaging or whatever. As long as it is another top notch From Software game, all should be good.

P.S: Finish TWoW already, Martin.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
A Dark Souls like game legit set in a medieval theme and setting sounds sick. I know a lot of DS is medieval based but it never felt purely as such.
DS/Bloodborne are Victorian and medieval and ancient theme all slickly mashed together

I'm definitely gonna be down for an open world game with DS/Bloodborne style action and art design and lore

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A Dark Souls like game legit set in a medieval theme and setting sounds sick. I know a lot of DS is medieval based but it never felt purely as such.
DS and BB is more gothic than medieval. But yeah as long as they keep all the different builds like they have in DS (like with magic especially ) as apposed to BB or Seiko that would be awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts