Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've had this idea for quite some time now. In my personal opinion Beer Money had done just about all there is to do as a tag team. Time for singles careers in my opinion. What about having Hardy finish up feuding with Anderson and maybe RVD afterward then have Robert Rude turn face and win the world title from Hardy??? This would be a great way to have a new, fresh, TNA original as the world champ and main singles wrestler. This would however be quite a loss to the tag team division which TNA takes great pride in. To avoid any tag team deprivation TNA could bring back 'Wildcat" Chris Harris and reform America's Most Wanted. Thoughts???

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I think Robert Roode and James Storm are easily TNA's version of HHH and HBK. If they split them up and let them get some title runs separately they have some instant draws. Neither need to be in a tag team. They are already viewed as excellent wrestlers and both can do great promos.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Roode, Storm and Harris can be Beer Money Inc you will have Roode as the Television Champions and Storm and Harris with the tag belts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think Robert Roode and James Storm are easily TNA's version of HHH and HBK. If they split them up and let them get some title runs separately they have some instant draws. Neither need to be in a tag team. They are already viewed as excellent wrestlers and both can do great promos.
I see Roode out of the two who could go on as a singles competitor. He does have something that is in some ways similar to HHH tbf.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
So would they then be North Americas Most Wanted then?

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
Both could definitely main event, I would book it like this, Roode turns face and gets kicked out of Beer Money by Storm, Storm then hires two new members and Beer Money becomes a stable, with Storm main-eventing and the other members as a tag team.

·
PILLMAN 9mm
1,726 Posts
Both could definitely main event, I would book it like this, Roode turns face and gets kicked out of Beer Money by Storm, Storm then hires two new members and Beer Money becomes a stable, with Storm main-eventing and the other members as a tag team.
Since it's not really Beer "Money" without Roode maybe its the other way around and Roode says he can hire anyone to drink beer. The point is, there's definitely bright futures for the two of them if they book it right.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
I'm in complete agreement with the OP. Roode has far surpassed the need to be in a tag-team and at this stage in his career (33 years old) it's time for him to make a serious name for himself as a singles competitor. He was set to do it in late-2006 but when Booker T came in the whole thing was canned.

As for AMW - I was and will forever be a huge fan of them and I'd love to see them back together. They were the best team in TNA history and in my opinion the best team of the last 9 years or so.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I dont think James Storm has what it takes to be a singles star. I would have Roode and AJ Styles have internal problems among Fortune which draws Roode's attention away from Beer Money. Roode gives Storm his blessing to find a replacment for him while he deals with AJ and then the new Fortune begins when Roode kicks Styles out of Fortune. Flair try's to get AJ to come back but he refuses (thus cementing AJ as a face) so the new Fortune becomes:

Robert Roode (leader, main eventer)
Kaz (midcarder, tv title)
Storm & Harris, AMW (tag team)

I like it alot to be honest. Roode gets to be THE MAN in that group and an instant feud with AJ happens which elevates everyone involved.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If TNA booked Hardy and Anderson at Genesis and then maybe another rematch at Against All Odds followed by RVD vs. Hardy at Sacrifice we could have Rude take the title from Hardy at Lockdown in April...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think Roode would fare better as a singles wrestler. I thought he did well in his heel run when he was feuding with not-good-enough-for-playboy ladyperson.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I saw a guy in a BtB book Harris returning to a face Beer Money and trying to convince Storm to rejoin him which lead to Robert Roode vs Chris Harris with James Storm as the special ref.

For the record, I think that Beer Money are a better tag team simply because Robert Roode > Chris Harris and therefore they should stay together.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Robert Roode I think has star written all over him, but that doesn't mean James Storm shouldn't be pushed, too.

What I would do a year from now, 2 years from now, whatever is have Roode turn on Storm and go on his own. But whenever he starts to get ahead, Storm is right there to challenge him.

So, to make it seem like there isn't this huge gap between them.

I would push Roode, but I wouldn't exactly turn Storm into Jim Neidhart.

I had this idea of them having a PPV match where they both picked "Mystery Partners" against each other to prove they could be successful without the other.

Roode would pick Eric Young, or maybe even bring back Petey for 1 night for a Team Canada reunion, and Storm of course would bring back Wildcat for a 1 night AMW reunion.

AMW wins the match, that way Storm doesn't lose too much momentum, and Roode beats the everloving shit out of his teammate giving him more heat as a heel.

Like I said, I don't think they should break up for at least a year, maybe 2.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'd say give Beer Money one more tag team title run, then make Roode into a singles competitor.

Oh and 33 is not too old wrestling wise, Batista was 36 when he got that Monster Push in 2005.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I wouldn't mess with a good thing if I were Roode. They have plenty of good singles guys in TNA, they don't need him, and he's not enough of a standout personality that he is going to demand screen time. If BM went to WWE, and then Vince wanted to break them up and package him with a good gimmick and push, then fine, but IN TNA where the guys have to do it on their own, he's already done it as a tag team and is in a good spot.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,595 Posts
I think what we'll see happen is Beer Money in one last feud with The Guns in which they aren't able to win the straps, they'll get frustrated with each other which will lead to the split. Roode just reeks of world champion, while I actually enjoy Storm as a character more he's probably more suited for the TV title division than the world title.

A blood feud between those two would be awesome, I can forsee some epic epic matches.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts