Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's going to be a very interesting Rumble this year. Edge's win last year was terrible; resulted in a lackluster Wrestlemania feud with Jericho that didn't feel like a world title match (not terrible, but no classic let's be honest). There's going to be a lot going on this year.

1). Someone new is going to win it this year, that's a GUARENTEE! Cena, Edge, Taker, Triple H, Orton, and Rey all have a zero low chances of winning, because their is no point in any of those guys winning. So who will win? Well, here's some options:

- Christian: the guy is so over, and putting him in a feud with Edge is Wrestlemania main event worthy.

- CM Punk: I doubt it, but he's underrated, and was really over last year. They need to put him back in the main event scene before giving him a Rumble win though.

- Alberto Del Rio: Everybody loves this guy. He's a top heel, and his charisma is through the roof. I wouldn't be surprised to seen him win the Rumble, because it would give him an even bigger push.

- Wade Barrett: Doubt it. He doesn't need a Rumble win. Hell, he'll probably be the champion by then anyways.

- Sheamus: A lot of people wouldn't like to see him win it. He's not a top heel, and you couldn't give this guy a bigger push - he's just not going to be the franchise guy.

- John Morrison: If they do his feud with Sheamus right, and set him up right for the Rumble he's got a shot. He's one of the WWE's top faces for sure.

I can't see anyone else winning. Though i'm fully expecting a surprise appearance from someone such as Kevin Nash, Sting, Goldberg, etc. It's apparent that they want an iconic like wrestler against Taker at Mania, and they don't have many good fits in the company right now for him. Barrett? No point, I can't see those two with any chemistry together. Sheamus? mhhhm maybe.

Either way i'm really excited this year for the Rumble. Thoughts everyone?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I think the days of the "underdog" winning are gone. Edge won last year and he didn't even get the last match on WM (IMO he should have due to tradition). Two years ago, Cena put his Rumble win on the line at No Way Out.

WWE doesn't use the Rumble to elevate people, nor is it used to "achieve the dream", as that spot has been made for Money in the Bank winner.

I think the main event guys have a better chance than ever before of winning it, due to WWE's thought process on the Royal Rumble. I don't want to see it, but I could see that big nosed asshole Triple H win it. Cena is a good choice too since I think they may put on Cena vs Orton again at Wrestlemania, which sucks, but that's their thought process.

BTW: I think Sheamus will fight the Undertaker which is why I take him out of the running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts