Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has ever happened before, probably not. But if they book a guy to win the Rumble, what happens if he accidentally gets thrown out of the ring and eliminated? Like what if someone fucks up and accidentally knocks him over the ropes? do they have a back up plan for this? do the refs just ignore it? How crazy would that be?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh I see. You had me confused for second.

You must not know.

The royal rumble is actually a shoot fight between everyone on the roster where they do really fight for the championship shot.

It raises company morale... plus Vince gets a kick out of it.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
I guess it depends on how the supposed winner is eliminated. If his elimination isn't too obvious and the camera wasn't on him at the time, then I can see the ref ignoring it. However if the suppose winner is literally thrown a mile out of the ring, where there is no questioned that he was eliminated then I guess they'll have to do something later that night, like have an authority figure come out and reverse the decision by letting the suppose winner get back into the match so he can win it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I've wondered this as well, some Rumble finishes must be pretty nerve racking to try and pull off, like 2000 where The Rock goes over the top rope, but he holds on and Big Show gets eliminated but on review both of Rock's feet hit the floor setting up the next 2 months of storyline, that always seemed pretty difficult to pull off, they must have a contingency plan in place.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
2005 when Vince tears his legs

Reactions: Validation Boy

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
They would have to have plan B, C and D in place whenever it is crucial the one particular superstar wins. In cases where they make it seem as though it is at the same time, they can manipulate the camera angles to tell their own story so long as it is close enough to justify.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
The referees wear ear pieces, so Vince would tell them how to handle the situation.

Does anyone know if that ever happened in a battle royal?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Well, it's like the Diva's Battle Royal earlier this year that Kaitlyn won, Eve was meant to win that but she slipped onto the floor outside the ring, so obviously it went to Kaitlyn, it did take her a while before they put the Diva's championship on her.

But yeah, I guess what they'd do is switch the story around somehow to make the planned winner still be in line for where they were going to go within the product, they just might have to come up with something to get around this and continue what they were going to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts