Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
FOTC
10,493 Posts
When was the last time WWE truly shocked the fans with a Royal Rumble winner? Cena made a shocking return in 2008, but once he was in the ring he was a lock to win. With more shows in between the RR and WM they have the ability to try a surprise for the Rumble.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Some 50+ year old returns because we are in the nostalgia era. Then a female enters because we are in the womens evolution era. Then a nxt guy walks out cause WE ARE NXT. Then they will act like all of this hasnt happend before. Roman Reigns and Charlotte win to challenge fiend and Bayley. Oh I forgot. We will also have a staredown between two tagteams/factions and a fast elimination. Groundbreaking stuff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
When was the last time WWE truly shocked the fans with a Royal Rumble winner? Cena made a shocking return in 2008, but once he was in the ring he was a lock to win. With more shows in between the RR and WM they have the ability to try a surprise for the Rumble.

Did anyone see Nakamura winning?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
2012 Everyone thought Jericho was going to win
2014 After that amazing performance, Reigns was actually a believable winner once it came down to him and Batista
2017 That Rumble was so stacked it was impossible to be 100% sure about the winner
2018 The final 4 was actually very intriguing and unpredictable

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
I find it hilarious when people predict Rousey or CM Punk winning.

Punk is not going to come back as a wrestler especially for the WWE. That ship has sailed a long time ago.

Rousey is injured and still recovering. I honestly suspect that Rousey is done as a WWE competitor.

I predict the winners are going to be Charlotte and Roman Reigns.

Ideally, I would like Rusev and Asuka to win the Rumble.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Shayna Baszler wins the womens Royal Rumble. The mens Royal Rumble will be won by either Roman Reigns, to challenge The Fiend, or Kevin Owens or Braun Strowman, whichever person they have challenge Brock. One of the two. I'm skeptical about Owens.

Or maybe Vince goes crazy and has Keith Lee win the Rumble and beat Brock, because apparently Vince worships Keith Lee, or something.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm going to change my predictions after what transpired at Survivor Series

Men's Royal Rumble - Either Owens, Reigns, Orton, Strowman, Cain, maybe NXT's Keith Lee or Riddle, and an outside chance of a returning CM Punk to setup the rematch with Lesnar but I think he's heading towards a big showdown with Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania 36

Women's Royal Rumble - Ronda, Shayna, Sasha, or Charlotte

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did anyone see Nakamura winning?
Of course. His win was pretty obvious.

The only unpredictable Rumble since 2008 was 2017 where they didn't telegraph Orton winning at all, because it was clearly being built around Goldberg, Brock, and Taker. Especially with Cena taking the title earlier in the night of the PPV and Reigns losing to Owens (which indicated one of Brock or Goldberg would take the title off Owens).

But Orton's win was spoiled by Meltzer like 5 or 6 days before the event. I can still remember people not believing the match combinations because they didn't make sense. It's where we first got word of Reigns/Taker too.

Around that time, most people were thinking Brock or Goldberg would win to set up a title match between them, or Taker would win to potentially face Cena (who was obviously gonna beat Styles). The Orton win was not made obvious at all. The build to the 2017 Rumble was actually very smart because of how they hid the winner and even kept up the swerves until the day of. Had Meltzer not spoiled the result, no one would've seen Orton winning because it kind of seemed like a wet fart of a result after all the hype going into that Rumble.

·
youtube/BareFootTuna
3,592 Posts
Rusev! have him win the Lashly storyline and keep his momentum going. Maybe Owens. They practically squandered away everyone else's momentum so who else would get a strong positive reaction?

Brock, Cain, the Fiend, Roman don't need rumble wins to get a WM title match. The story wouldn't even be that good. CM returning, doubt it.

Charlotte. Cause who else. Same thing. They ruin the credibility and momentum.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Men's Royal Rumble
Winner: Roman Reigns or Kevin Owens

Women's Royal Rumble
Winner: Shayna Baszler or Sasha Banks

Universal Championship Match
The Fiend def. Daniel Bryan

WWE Championship Match
Brock Lesnar def. Randy Orton

Raw Women's Championship Match