Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Men's - Daniel Bryan who I want to win, Drew McIntyre, AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, KO, Kofi Kingston, Roman Reigns, or maybe just maybe a big return from CM Punk. If I had to choose two it would be Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns.

Women's - Ronda Rousey, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, or a surprise entrant Shayna Baszler

·
None. More. Hated.
5,321 Posts
Women: I dont really care as long as they don't main event WM again. Ill go with a returning Nia. Cause why not. She already has a built in thing with Becky over breaking her face. So yeah. I like Nia. Fuck you. Probably will be Ronda.

Men: Owens would be sweet, but itll probably be Roman. Which honestly I dont hate. Hes winning me over little by little.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd like to see Cesaro win...more out of nowhere than getting a push before the Rumble. Then give him sort of an anti-hero edge where he isn't a heel, but more a Becky Lynch, I'm the best and I deserve to be the champion kind of thing. Have him challenge Seth Rollins for the Universal Title. It would be super fresh, interesting and unexpected, would elevate a guy everybody loves. He and Seth would put on an absolutely fantastic match as well.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,025 Posts
In my head I have Ruby Riott and Mustafa Ali winning, I cannot think of any more appropriate winners...

I tried but I just can't. :ciampa

·
Registered
964 Posts
Women's:
1) Ronda Rousey (If she is indeed coming back, she's the clear and logical choice by far. I'd actually be happy with this, go with Becky vs. Ronda in a singles match is ideal)
2) Sasha Banks - If for some reason Ronda can't make it back then I think Sasha is an awesome pick. Can challenge anyone, can be face/heel/w.e., could be fuel for a Bayley vs. Banks feud.
3) Charlotte - ole steady.

Some honestly good options for the women.

Men:

Honestly, the men's division is an aboslute shit hole disgrace. There's not a single feud in the men's division that I want to see. The people of interest are all too LOW like Aleister Black, Cesaro, and others. The higher tier is filled with failures like Roman Reigns, Drew M., Lashley, Braun etc. To make matters worse we have two champions that are just awful. Brock Lesnar is like a nightmare that keeps on coming back every year. There's NO Lesnar match I want to see right now. Maybe Daniel Bryan vs. Lesnar with Bryan going over could be good. Rollins has face planted as champion and is getting worse off due to this Fiend feud. Fiend's feud to strike was HIAC and he shouldn't win the Rumble.

So honestly, there's no one I can even root for. Like Fuck, I WANT to root for someone, but there's no one logical.

1) Kevin Owens - Because fuck it, at least he's exciting
2) Daniel Bryan - Because fuck it, we can do David vs. Goliath with Lesnar.

Really bad time for mens division
1) Daniel Bryan

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok so...Crown Jewel is in the books, Lesnar is still champion and Velasquez will most likely not be in the RR match. I think Ronda will win the women's match but I really don't know who will win the men's match

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
For the women, it's Ronda, that's pretty cut and dry. I don't know what match she gets because it's not Becky since Ronda's going to Fox. It's hard for me to see Ronda vs Sasha, Bayley, Bliss or especially motherfucking Lacey Evans, the cricket whisperer as a WrestleMania match. Maybe Charlotte gets traded back to SmackDown and Becky faces Asuka at WrestleMania. I doubt Becky's gonna leave.

For the men, it's either Cain Velasquez, Roman Reigns or The Fiend. They could go for 3 scenarios here. Either, Cain loses to Brock in Saudi Arabia, he goes off to Raw, because that's how you keep Cain and Brock apart, then you have Cain win the Royal Rumble, jump to SmackDown and beat Brock at WrestleMania. That's option #1. Option #2, Roman Reigns unseats Brock, obviously. This option is what they call "old reliable". Option #3, The Fiend wins, of course with the purpose of once again doing another job at WrestleMania and putting over the top star. Maybe that's where they finally give Seth his real, honest to goodness clean, no bullshit excuses win over The Fiend.

I think the Cain option is the most realistic, unless Vince just decides to completely cut bait on Cain, in which case I'll probably say The Fiend wins, because Roman winning the Royal Rumble, I don't know. Roman is gonna be in the title match if it's not Cain, let's be clear about that, but when they gave that Royal Rumble to Nakamura and he still ended up in the shittier title match and he lost, it told me that they're more than happy to have Roman Reigns not win the Royal Rumble and still be in the biggest title match, because they don't want him getting booed, and realistically it'd be hard for The Fiend to be in the Rumble and lose given what they've built his booking up to be, although that could all come crashing down soon.
Unless something changes DRASTICALLY in the next ~2 months and some women on Smackdown becomes ridiculously 'over' - the only match Ronda is coming back for is Becky. Your smackdown vs raw draft/roster doesn't matter, that's the match they build towards, whether on the same brand or across brands.

Now - Ronda *can* win the rumble. Surprise comeback, wins, challenges Becky. Easy story to write. I'm a bit unsure this happens though. I think this works best if her return is a surprise - but knowing WWE they may want to promote her return in advance. The "surprise" part is important, because Ronda shouldn't have to win the rumble for a title match. She should just ask for it - and Becky would kayfabe accept it/want the match. For Ronda to return saying "hey im gonna win the rumble to earn a title match" would be lame, as it would imply Becky is hiding and forcing her to win the rumble to face her.

So either surprise return at rumble, and win. Or she skips the rumble altogether, and they have someone else win to challenge the other champ.

·
FOTC
10,493 Posts
I'm going to predict either the Men's or Women's Royal Rumble winner will take all three brand champions into consideration when determining which champion to face at WM 36.

BOLD PREDICTION: Sasha Banks will win the 2020 Women's Royal Rumble and challenge Shayna Baszler for the NXT Championship at Takeover Tampa.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
It's pretty risky because Vince's golden superstars often get booed at the Rumble. But I'm thinking Ronda and Roman are the two Rumble winners.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts