Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's early but give me a prediction of the 2 winners for the 2 RR matches of 2020.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Yeah, I’d have to say Roman at the moment. They’ve been careful not to thrust him right back into the World Title picture. Since the jeers have mellowed out in recent months, they probably think they’re safe to re-insert him and have him headline another Mania.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
For the women, it's Ronda, that's pretty cut and dry. I don't know what match she gets because it's not Becky since Ronda's going to Fox. It's hard for me to see Ronda vs Sasha, Bayley, Bliss or especially motherfucking Lacey Evans, the cricket whisperer as a WrestleMania match. Maybe Charlotte gets traded back to SmackDown and Becky faces Asuka at WrestleMania. I doubt Becky's gonna leave.

For the men, it's either Cain Velasquez, Roman Reigns or The Fiend. They could go for 3 scenarios here. Either, Cain loses to Brock in Saudi Arabia, he goes off to Raw, because that's how you keep Cain and Brock apart, then you have Cain win the Royal Rumble, jump to SmackDown and beat Brock at WrestleMania. That's option #1. Option #2, Roman Reigns unseats Brock, obviously. This option is what they call "old reliable". Option #3, The Fiend wins, of course with the purpose of once again doing another job at WrestleMania and putting over the top star. Maybe that's where they finally give Seth his real, honest to goodness clean, no bullshit excuses win over The Fiend.

I think the Cain option is the most realistic, unless Vince just decides to completely cut bait on Cain, in which case I'll probably say The Fiend wins, because Roman winning the Royal Rumble, I don't know. Roman is gonna be in the title match if it's not Cain, let's be clear about that, but when they gave that Royal Rumble to Nakamura and he still ended up in the shittier title match and he lost, it told me that they're more than happy to have Roman Reigns not win the Royal Rumble and still be in the biggest title match, because they don't want him getting booed, and realistically it'd be hard for The Fiend to be in the Rumble and lose given what they've built his booking up to be, although that could all come crashing down soon.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the women, it's Ronda, that's pretty cut and dry. I don't know what match she gets because it's not Becky since Ronda's going to Fox. It's hard for me to see Ronda vs Sasha, Bayley, Bliss or especially motherfucking Lacey Evans, the cricket whisperer as a WrestleMania match. Maybe Charlotte gets traded back to SmackDown and Becky faces Asuka at WrestleMania. I doubt Becky's gonna leave.

For the men, it's either Cain Velasquez, Roman Reigns or The Fiend. They could go for 3 scenarios here. Either, Cain loses to Brock in Saudi Arabia, he goes off to Raw, because that's how you keep Cain and Brock apart, then you have Cain win the Royal Rumble, jump to SmackDown and beat Brock at WrestleMania. That's option #1. Option #2, Roman Reigns unseats Brock, obviously. This option is what they call "old reliable". Option #3, The Fiend wins, of course with the purpose of once again doing another job at WrestleMania and putting over the top star. Maybe that's where they finally give Seth his real, honest to goodness clean, no bullshit excuses win over The Fiend.

I think the Cain option is the most realistic, unless Vince just decides to completely cut bait on Cain, in which case I'll probably say The Fiend wins, because Roman winning the Royal Rumble, I don't know. Roman is gonna be in the title match if it's not Cain, let's be clear about that, but when they gave that Royal Rumble to Nakamura and he still ended up in the shittier title match and he lost, it told me that they're more than happy to have Roman Reigns not win the Royal Rumble and still be in the biggest title match, because they don't want him getting booed, and realistically it'd be hard for The Fiend to be in the Rumble and lose given what they've built his booking up to be, although that could all come crashing down soon.
Oh man....Velasquez winning the Rumble would be terrific

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,569 Posts
On the men's side, it'll be Wyatt. Months of flaccid reactions will drive WWE away from spotlighting Velasquez like that, and they've seemingly learned from past Roman Rumble debacles. Women's side...don't care. Irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Charlotte or Ronda for the Women's Royal Rumble

The Fiend, AJ Styles or someone from NXT for the Men's Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
This year could be anyone, not any particular standouts. Men I'd guess Braun even though I know I'll regret that later. Women probably Charlotte cause they gotta put that on her resume eventually

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Women: Definitely Charlie so we can get CHARLIE VS BECKY MATCH that "everybody" wants to see. Only question is will they have her win it from the one spot.

Men is hard to see at this point. Normally Id say Roman but he's won it too much for even WWE. Like I don't know one hot act in the mens division that could win at this point. Perhaps Bryan if he gets momentum? Legit up in the air.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Ronda for the women.

For the men it depends on what happens between Brock and Cain on Halloween. If Cain wins, it's gonna be Brock. If Brock wins, it's anyone's guess. Nobody stands out, and that's the sad thing...

Because usually this is the time when people have started getting over in the summer and you can start making some educated guesses as to Mania plans, but none of that has happened this year. The one person it did happen for in the Fiend, they screwed.

So you basically just have to fallback to the MMA dickriding WWE does these days.

·
Standing with The Man
5,971 Posts
Womens - Rousey is pretty much nailed on imo, she'll win and challenge Becky in a role reversal of last year.

Mens - Is very unpredictable as a number of things can happen, Punk could return with the caveat he gets his Mania Main Event and wins the Rumble to get it, Cain or Brock depending who champion for "marquee" Mania Match are the 2 most likely scenarios I see happening.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts