Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the winner of the Royal Rumble gets a title shot in the main event at Wrestlemania, but does it have to be a title shot?

For example, could someone cash-in their Rumble win against Taker, making their match the Main Event? Or could a wrestler cash it in to elevate a non-title fued grudge match to Main Event status? Ditto, a dream match. Could someone like Cena cash it in against Hogan or somethign if he was around and make that the Main Event?

Every time they mention the Rumble they always say "The winner gets the chance to main event at Wrestlemania" but barely do they ever mention the fact that it's title match. This makes me think you could cash it in on a non-title match.

Anyone know the rules on Rumble cash-ins?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It makes no sense to not take a title shot that you've earned. No one will ever turn down a WrestleMania title shot after winning the Rumble.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
They don't need to say that it's a title match because it's just assumed that it's a title match. You win the Royal Rumble, you get a title shot. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
970 Posts
We all know the winner of the Royal Rumble gets a title shot in the main event at Wrestlemania, but does it have to be a title shot?

For example, could someone cash-in their Rumble win against Taker, making their match the Main Event? Or could a wrestler cash it in to elevate a non-title fued grudge match to Main Event status? Ditto, a dream match. Could someone like Cena cash it in against Hogan or somethign if he was around and make that the Main Event?

Every time they mention the Rumble they always say "The winner gets the chance to main event at Wrestlemania" but barely do they ever mention the fact that it's title match. This makes me think you could cash it in on a non-title match.

Anyone know the rules on Rumble cash-ins?
The rules are that it's run by the WWE so they can do whatever the fuck they want

·
Registered
849 Posts
motherfucker i never knew that you could "cash-in" a Royal Rumble.

·
Banned
29 Posts
There are no rules. You win the rumble, you get fight for the title in the BIGGEST title fight of the year, even if their was a "cash in", which there isn't, why would anyone randomly want to fight any other time?

It's like getting a free card to play in any NFL game you want and picking a monday night football game rather than the superbowl.

·
Registered
262 Posts
In the Smackdown vs Raw 2010 game, in the CAW RTW, you exchange your earned title shot at Wrestlemania for a match with Mr.MacMahon.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Much like other users have stated, the Royal Rumble victory is NOT a cash-in, but instead, an opportunity to Main Event at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
333 Posts
........Unless your name is John Cena and then you may opt to cash in your automatic Wrestlemania title match the next month instead at the less prestigious and now defunct No Way Out PPV.

Reactions: Chismo

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
........Unless your name is John Cena and then you may opt to cash in your automatic Wrestlemania title match the next month instead at the less prestigious and now defunct No Way Out PPV.
DING DING DING!!! Here's your answer right here. Cena is the only one who has done it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How do you think Jim Duggan feels for winning the first Rumble and getting a big pile of jack squat in return. As for Taker would be best off to have some kind of tourney for that in fact had they waited on the King of the Ring they could have made the winner's coronation interrupted by Taker to setup the match.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the main reason I asked this question is because of Taker. What's to stop someone like Chris Jericho from choosing to fight Undertaker in the main event? The streak is a highly valuable asset to the Undertaker and to Wrestlemania, why wouldn't someone want to face him?

The other scenarios might be a bit far-fetched, but I think using the Rumble win to fight Taker in the main event at Wrestlemania is one which could work.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Why should somebody care which order their match comes in at?

Titles > EVERYTHING in the WWE Universe. People dream about winning the World Title. Nobody dreams "omg I get to go on last".

I understand your argument but putting the match on last wouldn't actually "elevate" the fued. When you look back in 20 years, nobody would tell when things actually happened.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Win the Rumble, you get a title shot at Mania. No ifs buts or maybes. Apart from if you're John Cena and stupid enough to 'cash it in' at No Way Out with the WWE just letting you do so.

·
Premium Member
18,211 Posts
I don't why you can't turn down a WWE title match if you win the Rumble. But why the hell would you want to turn it down just to face someone else anyway?

·
Banned
542 Posts
WWE Kaybae that everyone who is in the WWE is for a shot or to have either the WWE title or the WHC for a superstar to win the Royal Rumble and not want that it just wouldnt make any sense.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I don't why you can't turn down a WWE title match if you win the Rumble. But why the hell would you want to turn it down just to face someone else anyway?
I think it's like a contract thing which you're bound to. You HAVE to compete in a World title match. It's how Orton kept his job last year after all.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
^ Great point made there.

This is just one of those questions that's kinda pointless to ask. Why would someone do that? That would be the main thing going through people's minds if someone chose to fight The Undertaker or someone else in the main event, non-title. Like when John Cena "couldn't wait until WrestleMania." He faced Orton at No Way Out, didn't win the belt, was thrown into the Triple Threat at WrestleMania anyway, and... didn't win the belt. Did it accomplish anything? Yes: It accomplished a temporary cheapening of the Royal Rumble reward.

Anyone who would win the Royal Rumble and choose NOT to have a title shot, that's exactly what they'd be doing -- cheapening the match and the event itself.

Winning the Royal Rumble and choosing to NOT have a title shot is like winning The King of the Ring tournament and choosing NOT to be called The King of the Ring, or winning the MITB and throwing the briefcase away. Why the fuck would you do that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts