Wrestling Forum banner

Roster age

1051 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  The Masked Avenger
I was bored at work and I decided to check the ages of the talent from Full Gear. Something I realised was that their roster skews towards the "old" more than I was expecting. Maybe they can or cannot create stars to the level of Jericho, Mox, and Cody; only time will tell. Put they will have some spots to be refilled before the TNT contract runs up.

Jericho 49
Daniels 49
Sakura 43
Kaz 42
Spears 38
Hager 37
Omega 36
Scorpio 36
Matt 34
Cody 34
Penta 34
Mox 34
PAC 33
Nick 30
Janela 30
Fenix 29
Ortiz 28
Santana 28
Page 28
Riho 22

Toss in Dustin for fun at 50 just for fun ?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
4,929 Posts
I was bored at work and I decided to check the ages of the talent from Full Gear. Something I realised was that their roster skews towards the "old" more than I was expecting. Maybe they can or cannot create stars to the level of Jericho, Mox, and Cody; only time will tell. Put they will have some spots to be refilled before the TNT contract runs up.

Jericho 49
Daniels 49
Sakura 43
Kaz 42
Spears 38
Hager 37
Omega 36
Scorpio 36
Matt 34
Cody 34
Penta 34
Mox 34
PAC 33
Nick 30
Janela 30
Fenix 29
Ortiz 28
Santana 28
Page 28
Riho 22

Only older guy who really matters is Jericho. Most of the top guys have good 5-10 years left in their career at least. Even more if they wrestler to near Jericho age.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean OP, you’re missing quite a few people on your list.

ah you looked only at full gear. Why?
Twitter discussion that I was in with someone. They said Jericho was the only one on their 40's that was showcased at Full Gear. Soni got curious lol I did notice that I had forgotten Private Party, but they are both young as well.

· Registered
9,159 Posts

Jericho 49
Daniels 49
Sakura 43
Kaz 42
Spears 38
Hager 37
Omega 36
Scorpio 36
Matt 34
Cody 34
Penta 34
Mox 34
PAC 33
Nick 30
Janela 30
Fenix 29
Ortiz 28
Santana 28
Page 28
Riho 22

You can do the same thing with the WWE roster:

Undertaker - 55
HHH - 51
R-Truth - 47
Rey Mysterio - 45
Bobby Lashley - 43
Brock Lesnar - 42
Sheamus - 42
AJ Styles - 42
Bobby Roode - 42
Shayne Braszler - 39
Dolph Ziggler - 39
Cesaro - 39
Karl Anderson - 39
Cain Velasquez - 37
Braun Strowman - 36
Luke Gallows - 36
Rusev - 35
Baron Corbin - 35
Keith Lee - 35
Matt Riddle - 34
Drew McIntyre - 34
Aleister Black - 34
Roman Reigns - 34
Charlotte Flair - 33
Chad Gable - 33
Seth Rollins - 33
Bray Wyatt - 32
Becky Lynch - 32
Ricochet - 31
Adam Cole - 30

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Age is just a number, truthfully. As long as you can still go in the ring or put butts in the seats, there will always be a place for you in wrestling. One of the best things about being a wrestling fan is that you get to follow a wrestler from his start to his retirement.

· Registered
107 Posts
Under 30
Darby Allin 22
Jungleboy 22
MJF 23
Velveteen Dream 24
Tessa Blanchard 24
Sammy Guevara 26
Will Ospreay 26
Jay White 27
Rey Fenix 28
Hangman Page 28

30-39
Juice Robinson 30
Nick Jackson 30
Adam Cole 30
Ricochet 31
Kazuchika Okada 32
Sami Callihan 32
Zach Sabre Jr 32
Wardlow 32
Bray Wyatt 32
Pac 33
Seth Rollins 33
Matt Riddle 33
Pentagon 34
Matt Jackson 34
Cody Rhodes 34
Jon Moxley 34
Tommaso Ciampa 34
Roman Reigns 34
Brian Cage 35
Scorpio Sky 36
Kenny Omega 36
Braun Strowman 36
Tetsuya Naito 37
Daniel Bryan 38
Finn Balor 38
Randy Orton 39

40 and over
AJ Styles 42
Brock Lesnar 42
Bobby Lashley 43
Tanahashi 43
Rey Mysterio 45
Chris Jericho 49

· Registered
1,868 Posts
To be honest a other people mentioned age isn’t that deal breaker in scripted wrestling- being experienced enough to be able to carry others into matches as wel as not injuring them and being a good storyteller is much higher priority than pure athleticism .

This you shouldn’t compare wrestling industry that much with athletes and compare it more with actors- most top actors actually peak in their 30s , some even at their 40s as by that time they have experience with various roles and still look at their best.

A lot of legends and all time greats didn’t peak until their 30s- guys like Flair, Batista, Austin , etc all won their first titles in their 30s.

Finally there is one more point to be made- you really don’t care about wrestlers being around for decades becuase , with some very few exceptions like Jericho, people will eventually get bored of the same guy is at the top for many years.

Ideal wrestling career is something like 5-10 years as this way the wrestler will not get overly stale to the point to get “please retire” chants and also he won’t have so much wear and tear on his body that he ends up looking like a walking corpse the way Undertaker, Kurt Angle Mick Foley , even HBK does.

Think about Goldberg, Batista and Austin who retired around their early 40s and today when they show for occasional appearances in their 50s , they still look great.

So guys starting their runs in their early 30s and retiring in their early 40s is the ideal scenario for most wrestlers

· Registered
488 Posts
I've been pretty amazed by Dustin. At first I was thinking he probably couldn't go anymore and was just gonna be there to be a known name and face to help the company. But damn he's getting around the ring almost as good as he did 20 years ago. I mean he might've slowed down some but not by much. Respect to him.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
I've been pretty amazed by Dustin. At first I was thinking he probably couldn't go anymore and was just gonna be there to be a known name and face to help the company. But damn he's getting around the ring almost as good as he did 20 years ago. I mean he might've slowed down some but not by much. Respect to him.
What is cool is because he is so much bigger than most of the roster he can do just mostly power moves. It sets him apart from the constant flipping (even though he does some) and the power moves means he doesn't need to move fast anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.