Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK SO ... i think we will get to BFG with Roode vs storm. I think if we do get to this point. I think most will go in saying storm will win, BUT what if Roode Wins?

Roode will be over the top as a who can stop this guy. At the same time Storm is over and i dont think he can come back from it and that's not all bad sometimes you do need sacrificial the lamb. "sorry about your damn luck".

ps. i am not saying id book it this way but i dont think it will be the worst way to go ,but if roode wins at bfg i think the Roode vs storm era is over.

i just hope we get Roode vs storm at BFG, dont care who wins lets just get to this point.

and if we do get to this point and roode wins whats next for roode?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think you have to have Storm go over. If Roode won it wouldn't be a bad thing, but to many people would see it as TNA not giving you the feel good moment yet again.

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you have to have Storm go over. If Roode won it wouldn't be a bad thing, but to many people would see it as TNA not giving you the feel good moment yet again.
just so you know i am not saying your not right ,but dont that just get roode more hate lol . thats what i was thinking about but as i was asking if we do get to this point and roode wins whats next for roode?

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IF you want him to retain at BFG, he should beat Jeff Hardy.
wow talk about missing the point of the Thread.

if we do get to this point and roode wins whats next for roode?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Oh thought you meant having his reign go over 365 days Well. You could do it and not hurt Storm if it's similar to the way he won at Lockdown. Regardless, Storm should be the one to end the reign. One of those 'last shot at the title' matches. Roode should get some convincing wins from guys like Angle and Hardy and Ken Anderson pre and post BFG to make the closeness of the Storm matches show how close they are talent wise

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
if roode were to beat storm again at bfg, then thats a mistake on tnas part. imo storm need to beat roode at bfg.

the match is set up already. storm beat roode at lockdown, but didnt get the world title. storm finally gets the title by beating roode at tnas biggest show.

roode should fued with angle over the summer and storm should be built back up thru the bfg series, which should come back.

storm wins at bfg, tna start building a top heel to face storm at lockdown. heel aj styles is who id go with.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I'm not really that high on Storm. He shouldn't get a second attempt. He had one and he failed, regardless of how that outcome was reached.

I'd be all up for someone out of nowhere like Austin Aries getting built up the next few months and beating Roode at BFG. That would add a fresh face to the title picture who can put on a bunch of great and new storylines vs a lot of different wrestlers.

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol the more post i see in this Thread the more i think roode needs the win over storm at BFG.SOME SAYING "many people would see it as TNA not giving you the feel good moment yet again" so it will get him more over as the top bad guy.

some think "storm needs the win" so roode get more over!!

ok i know you all dont think we need to go this way but just playing along with the Thread

if we do get to this point and roode wins whats next for roode?

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
IF roode were to retain at bfg vs storm. idk what would be next for him.

hes beat aj,rvd,hardy,sting,ray,and if he were to beat storm again thats all the top guys done.

i think roode will fued with angle this summer and get his win over him, maybe beat anderosn too.

i guess aries would be the logical choice if roode were still champ. or maybe joe if they wanna push him again.

but again, storm should and most likely will win.

good topic btw. no1 has brought this option up.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
The idea of Storm winning the BFG Series to face Roode is one of the dumbest things ever, and Roode retaining against Storm at BFG is even dumber. If Roode wins, there's nothing left except maybe a feud with Aries, but that's it.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
The idea of Storm winning the BFG Series to face Roode is one of the dumbest things ever, and Roode retaining against Storm at BFG is even dumber. If Roode wins, there's nothing left except maybe a feud with Aries, but that's it.
how is storm winning the bfg series dumb? do u just expect him to be given a world title shot after being gone for months? building storm thru the bfg series is the best idea imo.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
how is storm winning the bfg series dumb? do u just expect him to be given a world title shot after being gone for months? building storm thru the bfg series is the best idea imo.
The same reason why Sheamus and Del Rio won the Rumble the last 2 years. Storm's already established, give someone else the rub by winning the BFG series.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
The same reason why Sheamus and Del Rio won the Rumble the last 2 years. Storm's already established, give someone else the rub by winning the BFG series.
but if storm is suppose to be the next world champion, then him winning the bfg series to become the #1 contender is ideal.

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IF roode were to retain at bfg vs storm. idk what would be next for him.

hes beat aj,rvd,hardy,sting,ray,and if he were to beat storm again thats all the top guys done.

i think roode will fued with angle this summer and get his win over him, maybe beat anderosn too.

i guess aries would be the logical choice if roode were still champ. or maybe joe if they wanna push him again.

but again, storm should and most likely will win.

good topic btw. no1 has brought this option up.
ya i was thinking aries would be the logical choice too and joe is my all time fav what about Magnus ?

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Doesn't matter, Bound For Glory going to flop if they think Storm vs. Roode part 4(is it part 4?) going to be successful. They better have one hell of a under card.

Roode should keep the belt until 2013 Bound For Glory.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
ya i was thinking aries would be the logical choice too and joe is my all time fav what about Magnus ?
if built up magnus would be an option too. but imo, with 0 tag teams right now. magnus and doug williams could reform the british invasion. i know magnus seems to have a lot of potential on his own, but there are alot of singles wrestlers getting spots right now (some undeserved) so he may be a guy who gets stuck in nothing(i.e. pope). him and williams could be a good champs.

Doesn't matter, Bound For Glory going to flop if they think Storm vs. Roode part 4(is it part 4?) going to be successful. They better have one hell of a under card.

it would be roode vs storm 2.

they had the 1st match where roode won the title by turning heel, im not counting that as part of the fued.
next week when storm was out of it u cant really count.
lockdown
and what looks to be bfg.

lockdown was the 1st built match
bfg will be the 2nd.

and how would roode hold the title for another year and a half?

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i wish

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good topic OP.
I will say this - the BFG series may be scrapped or at least shortened in length... maybe even the format and scoring system could be changed IF it continues. But I would like it too.
I think Roode needs to beat Jarrett's previous NWA TNA title run of nearly a year, just so he is officially the longest reigning champion in company history and there can be no dispute.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts