Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That would have made the match must-see and worthy of a Slammiversary main event. Last couple weeks could have been a career retrospective on Sting with video packages and the like. At the ppv he could come out as "Surfer Sting" or "Crow Sting", lose and leave his boots in the middle of the ring.

It would have been a huge boost to Roode as well to retire Sting.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
No.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That would be backing TNA into a corner. Sting himself doesn't want to retire, so if Roode won then what do you do with Sting? Hogan is the GM now so that's not an option so what else do you do with the Sting character? And if Sting won the title then what happens to the whole Roode v Storm issue? And I doubt its going to help Roode in his development as Public Enemy #1 either, and plus I doubt anyone wants to see Sting as champ for the 100th time.

Though I must say the only problem I had with the match and the upcoming one on Sunday is that TNA didn't need to have the first match on Impact in the first place. Hogan could have just announced the match for Slammiversary and then TNA build from there. And if they decided to go through with the match then don't make it the opening match on Impact with no build and then subsequently make your World Champion look weak by forcing him to submit. I mean it was a freakin lumberjack match that match was designed for the "no contest", "Dusty Finish" type of booking just have the faces and heels outside beat each other up and start a riot of some sorts, the ref can't keep control of proceedings he throws the match out and hogan announces it for Slammiversary.

Either way, the way TNA booked the match was just stupid but the "Title v Career" stipulation wouldn't work that well either seeing as they would be backing themselves into a corner.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Why does it matter so much to certain individuals about a guys age. What are you a homosexual? is he too old for your liking?

If he can still go in the ring why not have him wrestle? He's not ready to retire. Stings in 1000% better shape than most of the fat arses on these forums. Infact for a guy thats 50+ he's in phenominal shape, and he's obviously draws money for TNA otherwise they wouldn't continuously bring him back for main event matches and re-sign him to mega money deals.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Title vs Career matches are ALWAYS stupid. The face always gets the win and if by some reason he doesn't, 1 month later he's back on tv like nothing happened.

Just make a standard wrestling match with classic storytelling and roode getting over, fuck gimmicks.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Why does it matter so much to certain individuals about a guys age. What are you a homosexual? is he too old for your liking?

If he can still go in the ring why not have him wrestle? He's not ready to retire. Stings in 1000% better shape than most of the fat arses on these forums. Infact for a guy thats 50+ he's in phenominal shape, and he's obviously draws money for TNA otherwise they wouldn't continuously bring him back for main event matches and re-sign him to mega money deals.
I totally agree with you. If a wrestler is in shape and still has skills why would anyone care about his age? He's more liked and in better shape than some other wrestlers. His age isn't even a factor except to a couple Sting haters on here.

Sting is very popular and the fans love him which equals money and ratings for TNA.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I totally agree with you. If a wrestler is in shape and still has skills why would anyone care about his age? He's more liked and in better shape than some other wrestlers. His age isn't even a factor except to a couple Sting haters on here.

Sting is very popular and the fans love him which equals money and ratings for TNA.
Thanks that is what I would have posted.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
If they did, it would have made it obvious that Sting is winning the title because he isn't leaving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.