Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not much of a fan of TNA at all, but from what I have seen of Bobby Roode I almost feel like he is to big for TNA. Nothing against TNA, and I'm not trolling. However, I just think this man has serious potential to be a major name in this business. Yes, this is a matter of opinion, but for those of you who may be fans of both TNA/WWE. Don't you think Roode deserves more? Perhaps a shot in the WWE? He reminds me of a younger HHH. Roode has it all, and honestly think he is wasting his time in TNA.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Yeah go to WWE and get fuck all and if he is really lucky he might just get to be Hornswaggles (or how ever the fuck you spell his name) tag partner.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I dont think he has it ALL. He lacks big time charisma or the connection a James Storm can achieve with fans. He is still really good regardless.

Roode is at an interesting age in terms of being signed by WWE and WWE (re)developing him from scratch in their own vision. Also fairly sure he is under long term deal that kills any discussion dead.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Roode also turned down WWE twice. The first time he turned down WWE I was super pissed and that was in 2009 when I was still a WWE fan.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Roode would be the biggest star in the industry if he went to WWE and Vince didn't want to bury him. I hope he does not go, but he has it all as you stated and the differece between him and someone like Punk is Roode looks more legitimate.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
He is the best talent in the business today.

Id throw up a little bit inside if he went to the WWE, would probably kill wrestling for me completely.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
This thread is a perfect example of the wrong direction TNA has taken.

In the last few years, TNA has tried to bring some wwe/ecw/wcw talents, mostly because of a general idea that their name recognition would make some heads turn in TNA's direction. That decision toke away any investment in oruginal talents and we got was a bunch of wrestlers who have written some other company's name all over them.

How long did Roode (for example) had to wait to get a push? Now that TNA decided to push Roode and Storm as main-eventers, i see a lot of people talking about how these guys should be in the WWE. And they are TNA talents. That's your talent management right there, and that's what TNA should have done for a long time, not just with Roode or Storm but with AJ, Joe, MCMG, Gen Me, Aries, Amazing Red, Petey Williams, Daniels, Kaz, Low Ki, Roderick Strong, the X Division, the KO Division...

TNA really needs to keep pushing on their own talents, on their on brand.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I don't agree. He is perfect for TNA. He is getting to be top of the radar. If he went to WWE alot of wrestlers like Del Rio, Miz, Christian and Bryan could get buried because his the head of the heels.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Roode is the complete package. Doubt he'll ever be a draw, but he's the type of guy you want at the top of the card.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Nah he's fine for TNA. In WWE all his shortcomings would be exaggerated to the nth degree because the marks are so meticulous.

He is talented but I don't think he's "big star" talented. I don't think he's WWE champion talented (granted yes he is better than Miz & Sheamus in ring and way better than shame-us on the mic but that's not saying much).

·
Banned
380 Posts
I think Bobby Roode is great for TNA. In the WWE, he might get buried. There is a ton of really great talent at WWE. In TNA, not so much. He stands out in TNA. He'd just be part of the flock in WWE.
WTF? TNA’s roster has way more talent than that of the WWE. TNA has the best roster on god’s green earth to the point that it’s not even funny.

If anything he would surpass all of the WWE talent in less time than it took Brock to lose his first match back with the WWE. He is that damn good

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It must be tough to be a wrestler like Roode or Styles. On the one hand you're top of the game in your company and you presumably have a decent say in what happens to you.

On the other, it's generally accepted that you need to move to WWE if you want to be "big"; you certainly need to move to WWE if you want the bigger bucks.

But then you face a much bigger workload and you have the fact that the WWE is generally awful (in my opinion at least). Why risk being a small, buried fish in a large pond when you can be King, and have more autonomy, in a small pond. And I bet Roode and Styles aren't hurting for cash, so it's not like a ROH wrestler considering moving on, where they don't have much to lose. But I can see why all the big TNA guys think twice about moving to WWE. I mean, I personally can't stand WWE. But of course, you have to remember that half the TNA roster has been at WWE at some point; it must make your decision even harder when you have the ex-WWE alumni saying, "Go there if you want, but it'll be a bad move! It's much better here."

As a viewer, I believe Roode could make waves in the WWE. But personally, I'd much rather he stay in TNA.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
By the way, when I talk about either guy being buried in the WWE I don't mean because the quality is higher - IMO opinion TNA has a far superior roster and the quality of the matches is also generally higher. I mean being buried by McMahon, his idiotic ideas and the WWE machinery.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Roode could definitely be a top guy in WWE if he ever went down that road. Those saying he lacks the intangible factor to be a megastar have a point, but there's a difference between being a huge star (which he can be/is) and an all-time megastar. Triple H and The Rock are an example of the two. Triple H never had that it factor but he was an incredible talent and being a huge star. There's no shame in being on that level which some people seem to think.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
I'd like to see him a couple more years in develop... TNA, then bring him in if he's still doing good.

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
Jeff Hardy was one of the poster boys of the WWE when he left. Last I checked, he’s still getting a paycheck from TNA. And Sting has made a career of refusing all of WWE’s proposals. So... no, Roode isn’t the biggest fish in this little pond.

·
Registered
320 Posts
This thread is what's wrong with wrestling fans. The WWE marks think everyone needs to wrestle in the WWE before they can be accepted with the masses. That's ridiculous and a huge part of why wrestling isn't as big as it used to be. Most fans went to wherever the quality product was. The current generation of fans think they need the product brought to them so they can approve of it. Seek out the quality and enjoy it. Don't turn your nose up to it unless it's put on a platter for you.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts