Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate that he always has to get lucky or cheat to win.......... can we at least have him beat a jobber on impact in an impressive squash? i like when heels look strong .. and they dont need to cheat to win...... they just cheat because they can. roode should be just as good when hes heel as when hes face.... saying somebody is weaker cuz they are "bad" is fucking retarded

anyway im glad tna took my advice and kept the title on him. this guy has no business losing that belt anytime soon.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,365 Posts
The whole point of heels cheating to win is to get the fans to hate him, if he beat people cleanly then fans would cheer him and that goes against what a heels about. More to the point, heels cheat to win all the time, it's textbook style wrestling and adds to the character of being a heel.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Both Robert Roode and James Storm are strong. Just that the cowboy is slightly stronger cos he wanks more often.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
The whole point of heels cheating to win is to get the fans to hate him, if he beat people cleanly then fans would cheer him and that goes against what a heels about. More to the point, heels cheat to win all the time, it's textbook style wrestling and adds to the character of being a heel.
That's fine in main events for the Title, but can't he beat some midcarders on Impact now and again just so we know that this guy is actually capable of winning a fucking match?

·
Registered
843 Posts
That's fine in main events for the Title, but can't he beat some midcarders on Impact now and again just so we know that this guy is actually capable of winning a fucking match?
I stated this point before Roode should have a squash match against a jobber, maybe someone from the x-division or shark boy or something. Where he just beats the s*** out of them badly and mocks them by slapping them about in their face taunting the crowd hitting all his signature moves and winning cleanly.

Fair enough if he cheats against people like Storm to win but he should have some squash matches to build momentum on impact.

He needs to go over people like Anderson and Hardy cleanly though imo like he did wit AJ Styles on impact. But when it comes to storm they are both TNA originals which are developing so a clean against each other could hinder that.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I stated this point before Roode should have a squash match against a jobber, maybe someone from the x-division or shark boy or something. Where he just beats the s*** out of them badly and mocks them by slapping them about in their face taunting the crowd hitting all his signature moves and winning cleanly.

Fair enough if he cheats against people like Storm to win but he should have some squash matches to build momentum on impact.

He needs to go over people like Anderson and Hardy cleanly though imo like he did wit AJ Styles on impact. But when it comes to storm they are both TNA originals which are developing so a clean against each other could hinder that.
Agreed, beat the jobbers cleanly and just carry on beating them till security comes out and drags him off, while beating few secuirty too

·
Registered
377 Posts
I strongly agree with initial poster.

First they booked Roode as some sort of wrestling God, and moments after his "turn", all out of sudden he can't beat absolutely anyone if he is not blatantly cheating.

TNA, make him look strong again, have him use dirty tactics though, and let him get cheating every once in a blue moon when he can't keep his title any other way. Cheating for the sake of it is a total turn off, and I'm quickly loosing interest in current Heavyweight champion.

Didn't even watch Lockdown main event as I knew how it would end.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree TNA needs to have more not jobbers, but mid carders.
To show case the top talent.
That is how WCW did it, there lowest rating was 3.2.
Nitro January 6 1997
Glacier pinned Bobby Eaton
Konnan defeated Bubba Rogers in a strap match
Jeff Jarrett pinned Arn Anderson
Jim Duggan drew with World Television Champion, Steve Regal
Hugh Morrus pinned Jim Powers
Rey Misterio Jr. pinned Psichosis
Kevin Sullivan pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr
United States Champion, Eddy Guerrero, defeated Alex Wright
Harlem Heat defeated The Amazing French Canadiens
Lex Luger defeated Meng.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Roode character is based on winning at all cost. He doesn't mind what he has to do for it or how he wins it, he just does.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Bobby Roode is a :cool2
flirty beach boy?

Roode character is based on winning at all cost. He doesn't mind what he has to do for it or how he wins it, he just does.
the wrestling business has changed, the cowardly heel is a dead act

So you want him to go over Storm clean everytime instead?

That will work wonders for the feud...

Heels being booked like Roode is nothing new.
is it too muchto ask for a 50 50 split, except that even stevens in wrestling is a cliche that should stop

we all saw him improving his game througout his run in bmi so its not entirely out of the question

Aries is proof enough that the wrestling heel is different nowadays

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It is a bit lame that Roode went from being supposedly the best wrestler in TNA to someone who can't win a match clean to save his life. Just look at HHH during his heel run in 2003/2004, he cheated to win major matches sure, but also won a lot of matches clean to show he truly was one of the best in the company, but just an asshole.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
The thing about roode is that he DOESN'T want to win clean. He tried in the past with success but failed when needed(BFG).
He's on full asshole mode now, nothing can stop him.

·
Banned
736 Posts
I agree that they do at times make him look like he can only win by cheating. He would benefit from a couple of impressive and dominant wins, perhaps he could have an open-challenge and squash guys for a couple of weeks. Maybe someone could take him to the limit and force him to cheat to win prompting a title match or something.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I strongly agree with initial poster.

First they booked Roode as some sort of wrestling God, and moments after his "turn", all out of sudden he can't beat absolutely anyone if he is not blatantly cheating.

TNA, make him look strong again, have him use dirty tactics though, and let him get cheating every once in a blue moon when he can't keep his title any other way. Cheating for the sake of it is a total turn off, and I'm quickly loosing interest in current Heavyweight champion.

Didn't even watch Lockdown main event as I knew how it would end.
im glad at least one person understood my post.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts