Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I wrong? This dude FULLY played Kurt's game and put on the match of the year at BFG (which was an awesome show btw) Check the list

- Put TNA back on the map with his GREAT title reign

- above average on the mic

- can tell an amazing story in ring (vs Aries/ vs Angle BFG)

- can work the crowd

- Great all around wrestler

- and excellent look

Now his cred is right back at the top of the mountain going over Angle in that amazing match :clap

Anybody agree with this?

:talk :dance:dance:dance LOVED BFG

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
I wouldn't say he put TNA back on the map, as much as Sting and Angle did in their debuts. It was a fun reign though, and I agree with most of the other stuff. Roode definitely has a future in wrestling whether it's in TNA or not.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't say he put TNA back on the map, as much as Sting and Angle did in their debuts. It was a fun reign though, and I agree with most of the other stuff. Roode definitely has a future in wrestling whether it's in TNA or not.
I guess, but for a dude who didn't have much star power going into that push, he sure utilized it to perfection.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The Total Package in pro wrestling ? I don't know but he is clearly one of the workers in TNA and a natural Main-Eventer. His single is a pure success and he truly shined with that opportunity. There isn't many guys of his caliber in TNA and I hope he is going to stay there for a long time

... But I really wonder if he would be that good if he won against Angle at BFG 2011 and had a long title reign as a face

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I have always liked Roode (apart from team canada days). That longest title reign has solidified the guy as a solid upper midcarder who can break into the mainevent any moment they want him to. He can go on from a losing streak to becoming a world champion without any build to it and I will believe it. Thats how good Roode is.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I too think Roode has everything you want from a wrestler. it's too bad TNA couldn't have made him a bigger name back when he was champion. every wrestling fan should know who Bobby Roode is.

I think this is the guy that would hurt the most to lose. not Styles, not Aries, not Hardy, not Magnus.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Needs to be the top heel in the company again. Time for Bubba to move aside.

·
Registered
758 Posts
He's the best performer in the company, by some distance.

Excellent on the mic. Excellent in the ring. Excellent look. Excellent entrance music.

The only thing Roode is missing is that one, lethal impact finisher. He should use that death valley neck breaker thing he did against Angle along with the crossface.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
With me I like him but not to the point that a lot of others do.

I'd use him as a Triple H type heel, clinging to the title and using a stable (Not Bad Influences) to keep the title around his waist. Hell, an evolution type story line could really work with the guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts