Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Entertainment champion
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was meaning to make this last night. That match was absolutely terrible, Ronda looked lost. Her selling is atrocious,and it seemed to me Raquel was calling the entire match.

The finish looked off as well. Like they called an audible to end the match early.

Ronda almost necked herself on the rope too.

This is what we have to look forward to with her reign?

I can't imagine her carrying anyone to a good match.

Raquel is a good wrestler and she couldn't even carry Honda civic to a good match.

·
Waiting for Kawato
3,884 Posts
Her selling, that is the part of it that requires her to appear as if she's actually in pain, is actually really good. She has a lot of issues (she sounded like she was reading her pre-match promo off a teleprompter), but that is literally the least of them.

Nobody calls the match. The entire thing is planned out and rehearsed. What do you think you're watching?

The match was not particularly good, but blaming it all on Ronda is a stretch. They're both the kind that need carrying to anything truly successful, and throwing them in there together was random as hell.

·
Banned
Entertainment champion
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I did appreciate Ronda actually trying to put Raquel over. I actually like Raquel, she's big and her power moves always look crisp.

She's still new and needed a guiding hand that Ronda was incapable of giving. The transitioning from Ronda is what irked me most,seemed like she was counting by numbers.

She's not believable as a wrestler, because it looks so unnatural on her. Her taunts were uncomfortable,and I don't get any mannerisms other than mad and her "I'm in pain" face.

Her promos sound very forced,you can tell she isn't comfortable and might think she's too good for pro wrestling. I know when a wrestler isn't "all in" and Ronda is exactly that,I can't get invested if she's not interested in getting me to care about her.

Not flaming her,she's a world class fighter and athlete. Has many accomplishments under her resume,my point is she's not a pro wrestler. And that's perfectly fine. She's an attraction.

I'm guessing she'll keep the title for a few months. Because we really don't need any more long title reigns. And drops the title to Bayley? Even though that push should go to an up and comer. This is what I predict,Bayley returns and beats Ronda for the title.

Another 4HW title reign incoming.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Raquels talent was definitely held back by Ronda. Raquel can go at a higher level usually but she constantly had to work around Rousey. Ronda isn't anywhere near as bad in the ring as Charlotte, and at least she didn't bury Raquel, but yes, this is the sad state of the women's division.

I would have put the belt on GONZALEZ last night, and in exchange I would have had her lose the smile and bring back the intensity. Vince is a fucking moron.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Match was pretty solid. Rousey is better being carried by the likes of Charlotte, Becky n such. When she's the one leading then it's more an issue. She should be thanking Charlotte n the other OGs that carried her to awesome matches. Those 4 horse women are truly awesome

·
Registered
125 Posts
Her selling, that is the part of it that requires her to appear as if she's actually in pain, is actually really good. She has a lot of issues (she sounded like she was reading her pre-match promo off a teleprompter), but that is literally the least of them.

Nobody calls the match. The entire thing is planned out and rehearsed. What do you think you're watching?

The match was not particularly good, but blaming it all on Ronda is a stretch. They're both the kind that need carrying to anything truly successful, and throwing them in there together was random as hell.
might planned and and rehearsed but you can clearly hear wrestlers calling out there next spots cena was notoriously bad for it

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Match was good, promo before it was not. Seeds were planted for Raquel to work her way into the "top" women ranks, let's hope the forced smiling is given a break though, christ it's painful.

·
Waiting for Kawato
3,884 Posts
might planned and and rehearsed but you can clearly hear wrestlers calling out there next spots cena was notoriously bad for it
Yes, but that's not what is being talked about here. He's saying Raquel called the match like she called it all in the ring and Ronda was just doing what she was being told. If he was talking about calling spots it'd be a criticism of her, and this is clearly only meant as a criticism of Ronda.😆

1 - 20 of 21 Posts