Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
None of us know what truly caused the ratings decline. We are not "experts" in that stuff and it's silly to even bring it up when this is about people being fans of Ronda Rousey.

I don't feel as if Ronda is needed. They really did focus mostly on her over the rest of the women on RAW while she was around.
As opposed to now with the constant barrage of Becky who as it happens isn't doing jack shit in the way of helping ratings.

·
Southern Pride
2,893 Posts
As opposed to now with the constant barrage of Becky who as it happens isn't doing jack shit in the way of helping ratings.
The way that Becky has been used and the injuries to other women last year has killed a lot of the momentum that Becky had a year ago. Plus shes on top now. People go for those that are underdogs. Rousey straight up ran through everyone with her open challenges. Not even the four horsewomen were safe. If Rousey were in Beckys place last night she wouldn't have taken the green mist and would have sent either Kairi or Asuka through the table.

Again, it's silly for us to obsess over ratings. None of us are in the business.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
The way that Becky has been used and the injuries to other women last year has killed a lot of the momentum that Becky had a year ago. Plus shes on top now. People go for those that are underdogs. Rousey straight up ran through everyone with her open challenges. Not even the four horsewomen were safe. If Rousey were in Beckys place last night she wouldn't have taken the green mist and would have sent either Kairi or Asuka through the table.

Again, it's silly for us to obsess over ratings. None of us are in the business.
Ronda was left laying on the ground in multiple segments when she was on RAW

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
Yea no thanks. Unless she learned how to cut a promo, act, and put on more than 1 scripted match, WWE is better off without her.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I think some people have forgotten the big declining ratings under her watch and her "deer in headlights" promos.

Her matches were good though
She was a big reason, maybe the biggest that the ratings were so good in 2018. Put her in a match as an attraction where she might put the hurt on Stephanie and tease her getting physical with Hunter, people will buy into that. When they lowered her to competing against the Beckys and Charlottes and Alexas of the world people tuned out in droves because it defies suspension of disbelief that a Becky could last more than 2 seconds with a Rousey.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,722 Posts
We(viewers) from all over the world waited for Ronda Rousey return,she is good and very entertaining.
From all over the world? Huh? In the most countries outside the USA, Rousey is no mainstream person. Most people won`t even know her. Regarding the appearance in WWE she was pushed to the moon with enormous effort. Therefore wrestling fans recognize her, but not because she performed (promo, matches) that great.

·
Registered
867 Posts
She was a big reason, maybe the biggest that the ratings were so good in 2018. Put her in a match as an attraction where she might put the hurt on Stephanie and tease her getting physical with Hunter, people will buy into that. When they lowered her to competing against the Beckys and Charlottes and Alexas of the world people tuned out in droves because it defies suspension of disbelief that a Becky could last more than 2 seconds with a Rousey.
You do know Wwe is not real right. How come people didn’t turn out when ken shemrock a real legit fighter was selling for guys he would beat in a real fight.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You do know Wwe is not real right. How come people didn’t turn out when ken shemrock a real legit fighter was selling for guys he would beat in a real fight.
You’re comparing what people knew about UFC in 1997 to people’s awareness of it in 2019? You might want to do some homework instead of insinuating that people don’t know wrestling is predetermined. I realize what I said hurt your feelings but maybe instead of being offended, take a step back and ask yourself if the casual fan wants to see Ronda kicking ass in spectacle type matches like against Steph and Hunter, or working competitive matches against people like Becky. The ratings for one shot up when the norm had been to do otherwise, and the ratings for the other absolutely cratered. I’m not debating what you like and dislike, I’m commenting on what the masses want and that’s very, very clear.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,406 Posts
In my eyes, Ronda returning at the Rumble and challenging Becky at Mania is a money match that needs to happen. SHOULD'VE happened last year, but there's a story to tell this year because Ronda can claim her shoulders weren't all the way down in that pinfall and that Becky didn't "really" defeat her in the first place.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
I don't want to see Ronda return, her title reign was really bad for the division. I don't think she should end Becky's reign either.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'll laugh if they do Charlotte, Ronda, Becky II instead of a 1v1

I could see that happening too, they just love Charlotte that much

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,686 Posts
Well, I'd be stunned if Ronda didn't win the Rumble, so if you've missed her, you needn't wait much longer.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I do want Ronda to come back because she turned me into a big fan, when I once wrote her off. While knowing she isn't going to be in the business for long, it would be nice to see her wrestle Charlotte one more time (she owes Charlotte unfinished payback after Charlotte knew she couldn't beat her fair & square) and just a conclusion/ leaving the business on a high note.

I have enjoyed her title run and the majority of her matches. I only wish there were more wrestlers similar to her style, as Ronda's matwork style is the kind I like the most. I think she'd make a fantastic trainer. She seems to instinctively realize the mat is sacred, above all other worthless shenanigans that I'm sick of seeing like planchas and sunset flip piledrivers.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts