Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We(viewers) from all over the world waited for Ronda Rousey return,she is good and very entertaining.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I think some people have forgotten the big declining ratings under her watch and her "deer in headlights" promos.

Her matches were good though

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think some people have forgotten the big declining ratings under her watch and her "deer in headlights" promos.

Her matches were good though
Ratings decline was due to the shitty product not her. The Rock and Stone Cold could come back full time, ratings will only go up for a couple weeks or so and then will decline as usual.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Ratings decline was due to the shitty product not her. The Rock and Stone Cold could come back full time, ratings will only go up for a couple weeks or so and then will decline as usual.
The decline was gonna happen regardless, but it's certainly a conversation to be had that they dropped further than their usual year over year norms with her as the main angle.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Who's "we"? Ronda reign was one of the worst and most damaging women's championship reigns of this era. I don't even want her to come back to properly put over Becky, that time has passed and Becky doesn't even need it anymore.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ratings have always been about the product as a whole. Or atleast in the modern era. Golddust and Val Venis could draw a 5 or 6 rating in the late 90s. Stone Cold cant even draw a 4 in 2020.

·
Southern Pride
2,893 Posts
None of us know what truly caused the ratings decline. We are not "experts" in that stuff and it's silly to even bring it up when this is about people being fans of Ronda Rousey.

I don't feel as if Ronda is needed. They really did focus mostly on her over the rest of the women on RAW while she was around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ronda is the main reason Fox offered WWE so much money for Smackdown. Granted, it was a dumb reason considering she was on Raw at the time and now she's not even with the company. But without Ronda, their TV deal is for way less.

I'll welcome back those thighs and booty shorts anytime.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Who's "we"? Ronda reign was one of the worst and most damaging women's championship reigns of this era. I don't even want her to come back to properly put over Becky, that time has passed and Becky doesn't even need it anymore.
  • Alexa fans can't still get over the fact that Ronda squashed Alexa. Let it go, it's been 1.5 years already

The decline was gonna happen regardless, but it's certainly a conversation to be had that they dropped further than their usual year over year norms with her as the main angle.
Ratings have declined even more last year. Are we going to blame Becky for that?

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,165 Posts
Ronda pretty much faced everyone I care about her facing in her first run except Asuka. I wouldn't mind her returning if we are gonna finally get that match and her vs Charlotte again.

But if she's gonna steamroll the division again no thanks.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts