Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,882 Posts
Re: Ronda Rousy should WWE take her back.

She's...she's still under contract. There's no discussion here.

Lars Sullivan should WWE take him back.

·
Registered
136 Posts

I’m a contradiction...I want Ronda back but I want part time Brock gone

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,713 Posts

If she's not getting an immediate mega push and winning the Royal Rumble like I expect her to then Yes.

Ronda brought alot to the division in terms of star power. and she improved so much in a such a short time in the ring. I still need to see her vs Asuka and for her to have a proper feud with Charlotte.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There's no should WWE bring her back, she is under contract. She signed like a 3-year deal if I'm not mistaken. The understanding is that she would work full time for the first year up to last year's Wrestlemania and then take time off. Considering she is not pregnant (which was the rumored reason for here taking time off after Mania), she's likely making a return in the not to distant future. Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant/winner would make the most sense at which time she will get her rematch with Becky Lynch and likely regain the Raw Women's championship.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah of course. She was awesome.

Anyone claiming they weren't wtfstunned by her mania debut match are liars. She really stepped up. In fact - she put on mostly fantastic such matches during her run. I'm sure they were heavily practiced/choreographed - but i don't care, it makes for a great showing.

Hey feud with Becky was also amazing, and there' some unfinished business there. It's true the build to the mania main event seemed a bit lackluster in the stretch vs what we expected it to be - but it was still very good overall, and there's more story left to tell.

If/When she does come back - keep booking her part time/big appearances. A bit like Brock Lesnar lately. You don't ever want Rhonda to be the wrestler who wrestles every week - it lowers her appeal.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts

Wow! Imagine basing your entire opinion of a wrestler on the match ratings that someone else gave them
The irony of that is that I don't think any of her matches were rated higher than the SD women's division matches on the same PPVs. Whereas all of Becky's raw women title matches were rated higher than the SD ones during her reign. SD match ratings in brackets below.

Becky Lynch's match ratings: (all higher than the SD women's title matches)

• vs. Sasha Banks (HIAC): 4.00 - (Bayley vs. Charlotte 2.25)
• vs. Sasha Banks (COC): 3.75 (Bayley vs. Charlotte 1.25)
• vs. Nattie (SS): 3.25 (Bayley vs. Ember 1.75)
• vs. Lacey (SG): 2.25 (Bayley vs. Alexa 1.5)

AVERAGE MATCH RATING: 3.00
AVERAGE MATCH RATING W/O LACEY: 3.43

Ronda Rousey's match ratings: (none higher than the SD women's title matches)

• vs. Alexa (SS): 2.00 (Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Carmella 3.5)
• vs. Alexa (HIAC): 3.25 (Becky vs. Charlotte 3.75)
• vs. Nikki Bella (Evolution): 3.75 (Becky vs. Charlotte 4.75)
• vs. Nia Jax (TLC): 3.75 (Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Asuka 4.5)
• vs. Sasha (RR): 3.75 (Becky vs. Asuka 3.75)

AVERAGE MATCH RATING: 3.45

41 - 47 of 47 Posts