Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

“Well, if I ever do come back it will never be at a full-time capacity ever again. I think like for stints like chunks of time you know. I’m very much like an obsessive person or I like to obsess over something for a certain time and then like kind of go take some time to obsess about something else. But no I’m never gonna be full time again over 200 days a year on the road like that ever again because it’s just it was I needed to do it in order to learn and get like immersed into it and really understand what was going on but it’s just not the lifestyle for me.”

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
People may mock pro wrestling, but the daily/weekly grind is real. Hindsight being what it is I see why back in the day why guys like Piper hated the idea of outsiders coming into the business originally like Mr. T. It was all about respecting the grind and work ethic of it all.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Safe to say nobody expected her to be as much as she even was around the first time around. Kudos to her for putting in the effort, but I doubt anyone would complain about it. She works best as a special attraction.

Besides, WWE is all about part timers anyways when it comes to its biggest events.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Start of The Women's Devolution era?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
At least she was honest about it.
Life on the road is brutal. Flight - hotel - car rental - restaurant - wrestle - relieve body pain - repeat. Its endless. You have to absolutely love the business to do it for a long period of time. Rousey gave enough.
Didn't Brock Lesnar basically say this and he got destroyed by fans for it back in the day though?

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,035 Posts
Didn't Brock Lesnar basically say this and he got destroyed by fans for it back in the day though?
Yep by a bunch of fans who have no idea how tough it is for wrestlers to live their lives the way they do and by fans who wouldn't last 2 weeks in the business without complaining or giving up. These are the same people who can't even bring themselves to go to the gym more than once a week and they want to give their opinions and judgments on other athletes. Keyboard fans like that only care about themselves and their entertainment and don't give a shit about what the wrestlers are going through. Maybe some people prefer to keep their health and sanity in check? Maybe some of them value family time or have other goals they want to accomplish? In Lesnar's case he wanted to be a part of real fighting and not fake fighting. In Ronda's case she wants to start a family and pursue other passions. Nothing wrong with that. Its not all about us and our personal entertainment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah he said he was so strung out on painkillers and daily bottles of vodka that he did not remember 2 years of his run.

Its not really fair on any of them and is not necessarily needed, there is way to much of the product.

·
Registered
66 Posts
She should go back to UFC and get her title back.
The game evolved and left her behind, she would not cut it to be in the top 10 of the any of the 3 female divisions in the UFC now, unless she took time off, drastically changed her game to incorporate better striking, a top wrestling game and maybe some counselling because she is way to emotional.

Could you imagine feeding her to Valentina Schevchenko?, dear god it would be a massacre.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Yeah he said he was so strung out on painkillers and daily bottles of vodka that he did not remember 2 years of his run.

Its not really fair on any of them and is not necessarily needed, there is way to much of the product.
This is why the 1980's boom imo is so important because maybe if they didn't have that insane run it wouldn't have become the norm. The drugs and roids those guys were on made it possible for them to give us those highly entertaining promos and matches. The energy level was off the chain compared to now or even parts of the Attitude Era.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is why the 1980's boom imo is so important because maybe if they didn't have that insane run it wouldn't have become the norm. The drugs and roids those guys were on made it possible for them to give us those highly entertaining promos and matches. The energy level was off the chain compared to now or even parts of the Attitude Era.
I saw some backstage footage of the road warriors and sting doing lines of coke before their promo/match whatever they were doing, Warrior most have been permanently fucked up on something haha

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I saw some backstage footage of the road warriors and sting doing lines of coke before their promo/match whatever they were doing, Warrior most have been permanently fucked up on something haha
Now tell me if the energy in this interview does not blow away any promo we have seen in YEARS. The Mega Powers made you mega hyped lol. No way Vince could control and micromanage these interviews and we were better entertained for it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Now tell me if the energy in this interview does not blow away any promo we have seen in YEARS. The Mega Powers made you mega hyped lol. No way Vince could control and micromanage these interviews and we were better entertained for it.

Haha amazing, it makes me wonder what the adults made of it back then, when i was a kid in the 80's and 90's i thought this was great, i wonder if us as human beings have evolved and look back and see it as silly, or if it was always silly and we were to young to know the difference XD

1 - 20 of 282 Posts