Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
She would literally have no competition. If you guys think Brock's pool of challengers is lacking, Ronda's would be 10x worse. Then again, Brock always could wrestle. Ronda hasn't had formal training and could just fucking suck at pro wrestling and blend in with 80% of the Divas roster lol. But if she picks it up, there's a fucking problem.

I'd rather her come in for a special ref./enforcer at Mania or Summerslam.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Pass, she's ugly and comes across as a bitch, if they sign any WMMA fighter I'd rather it be Gina Carano.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think you can easily make the argument that she is the UFC's biggest star. Definitely in the mainstream consciousness anyway. I'm sure Dana White is going to do (pay!) what he can to keep her focused on MMA before going off to the WWE or Hollywood. I can see her maybe popping and injecting herself in some feuds and such. However I can't see it being a fulltime gig. Part-time may be a stretch as well.
No you can't tbh.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Would love to see Ronda Rousey in WWE. When watching SummerSlam, it seemed like Steph McMahon and Ronda Rousey got on well.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I get what you are saying. Perhaps it is me, I just don't think a few months, regardless of who you are, is enough to learn what you need to be a good pro wrestler. I do agree given her background, that would probably be long enough to make her better than a fair few women currently on the roster though.

I think having an MMA fighter come in and dominate all your wrestlers, regardless of who they are, would completely undermine the roster and the product. That would do anything for their image
It may be me, I'm a Ronda mark. I think your last point is the big one. I think long term the beat thing would probably a one time thing

No you can't tbh.
Not only can you make the argument it is the general consensus. You sir, don't know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I wonder how well this would go over. There are a lot of people (& I mean A LOT) that dislike her because they say her attitude & lack of sportsmanship are negative.
That translate well into WWE though, and lack of sportsmanship was one off with Miesha Tate which when you hear her explain the reasons behind it it's understandable.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Don't fool yourself, she's doing very well with UFC and it is pretty much accepted that she is the biggest star they have at the moment. Actual fight pay doesn't include all the win bonus, stoppage bonus, performance bonus as well as all the other bonuses Dana White is known to give out and that's not to mention her sponsorship money. Ronda is doing just fine financially.

I think she would be great in WWE. She's an incredible athlete, a big fan of the business, a great look and is full of attitude and has a crazy work ethic and a burning desire to be the best. If she comes she has to dominate everybody though, worse than Brock.

If she does come though I think it will only be a Wrestlemania program. I think the Hollywood route is more likely for her long term.
No, Ronda is going well financially, I have no doubts about that. But she isn't getting paid in proportion to her male counterparts. She has had several performances of the night in cards where there were some top paid and top level male UFC fighters. I think that says a lot.

And UFC's biggest start? At a mainstream level, maybe but at UFC level? Noone would pay to see a card that only has Ronda on it. Im a Ronda fan but no.

I think Ronda's main pull to the WWE would be that she likes the business. She has shown a interest in it for some time. Im sure WWE has also reached out to her.

I think you can easily make the argument that she is the UFC's biggest star. Definitely in the mainstream consciousness anyway. I'm sure Dana White is going to do (pay!) what he can to keep her focused on MMA before going off to the WWE or Hollywood. I can see her maybe popping and injecting herself in some feuds and such. However I can't see it being a fulltime gig. Part-time may be a stretch as well.
Like above, at mainstream level, maybe but at UFC she is basically nothing (how, sadly, all woman are viewed in male dominated sports.

I wonder how well this would go over. There are a lot of people (& I mean A LOT) that dislike her because they say her attitude & lack of sportsmanship are negative.
Same could be said about Brock. Brock has a huge attitude problem and his sportsmanship is null, if at all.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Wrestlemania 31

Santa Clara Street Fight:

Mia Yim v Paige

Special Enforcer: Ronda Rousey

Book It!

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Pass, she's ugly and comes across as a bitch, if they sign any WMMA fighter I'd rather it be Gina Carano.
Look at your sig. The bitch in that picture is not only ugly as fuck but the fake boob job she has make me want to puke.

Reactions: Phaedra

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have a thing for tough girls like her. Always had a crush on Buffy back in the day, and she is the real life version, so I am a HUGE fan of Rowdy Rousey (Also we both apparently love Piper). I could go on and on about how cool she is.

Here's the thing though, who does she wrestle? With the current state of the divas division, it's more about looks and drama then actual physical intimidation. There is no China for her to wrestle against. I can suspend my disbelief to a decent extent, but how could they even make it plausible that one of these women could beat her? I love AJ, I love Paige, Brie is fun, but CUHMON. They look like twigs next to Rousey and aren't nearly as intimidating.

I propose she gets the divas title, gets bored with crushing everyone, and starts wrestling guys. First female WWE champ? Honestly I could see her making that believable. Not against a Brock but maybe one of the smaller top guys. Maybe Rollins has the belt and doesn't take her seriously (kind of like when AJ first lost the belt to Paige) and then he gets surprised with an arm bar and taps out? I would love it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
No, Ronda is going well financially, I have no doubts about that. But she isn't getting paid in proportion to her male counterparts. She has had several performances of the night in cards where there were some top paid and top level male UFC fighters. I think that says a lot.

And UFC's biggest start? At a mainstream level, maybe but at UFC level? Noone would pay to see a card that only has Ronda on it. Im a Ronda fan but no.

I think Ronda's main pull to the WWE would be that she likes the business. She has shown a interest in it for some time. Im sure WWE has also reached out to her.

Like above, at mainstream level, maybe but at UFC she is basically nothing (how, sadly, all woman are viewed in male dominated sport
I've heard Ariel Helwani, Bruce Buffer, Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub refer to her as the biggest star in UFC. I know her fighter salary has been less than her male counterparts official salary but Dana is known for sending random cheques in the mail to those he thinks deserves and Dana has a real boner for Rousey so I guarantee those cheques are plentiful. Plus she's sponsored by UFC so he can pay her whatever she wants.

And for me personally there is only Jon Jones and Anderson Silva (and maybe Velasquez) I would rather see before Ronda, but as I said earlier: I'm a huge Ronda mark.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Rousey looks great to me. People keep mentioning Carano, I looked at her record and she's 7-1 but hasn't had a match since 2009? Whats the deal?

·
Registered
618 Posts
It doesn't really matter if the same could be said about others. The level of dislike I've seen for Ronda hardly matches others I've seen. And that's loads. Then there's what happened of "Ultimate Fighter" that made people dislike her even more. So yes, it'd be interesting to see how it'd turn out.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts