·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: JerseyScottie

·
Registered
782 Posts
No. Even if that were true and I'd bet my best suit it isn't; Paul would still not even be close to the nomination. He was never going to win. Ever.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Apropriate for this to be on a professional wrestling forum. Seeing as how politics in the United States is about as real as professional wrestling. R.I.P. Mr. Kennedy.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah it’s not true despite the fact that the crime was caught on camera. What a tool

Also according to this site Ron Paul is closer to winning then you would think.

Source: http://dougwead.wordpress.com/

Reactions: nonamebadger

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Sorry to go off-topic. But do you actually believe, a pack of wolves decides their alpha male for their next pillages during a democratic contest?

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Yeah it’s not true despite the fact that the crime was caught on camera. What a tool
I didn't say it wasn't true. I said your source just doesn't seem completely reliable.

I'm sure it's happening on some level but it sure isn't this big conspiracy to hold down Ron Paul fanatics. Honestly I doubt Romney even knows who he is.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't say it wasn't true. I said your source just doesn't seem completely reliable.

I'm sure it's happening on some level but it sure isn't this big conspiracy to hold down Ron Paul fanatics. Honestly I doubt Romney even knows who he is.
I wasn’t talking to you buddy, I was talking to the poster that said it wasn’t true.

It was caught on cam though and it was reported to have happened in 7 states already and all just against Ron Paul supporters. Why did none of these things happen to any other person running? Why just Ron Paul?

Mitt knows Ron Paul, he lost to him in 5 debates. Yeah he knows him. lol

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I am a Ron Paul disciple, and voted for him in the Wisconsin primary despite knowing damn well he'd be lucky to hit 10% in an election where Romney already had it in the bag.

But please. Don't make us all look stupid by association.

·
40,798 Posts
Cynic, I hope you hate Scott Walker like I hate Rick Perry.

It's totally possible Santorum and Gingrich stayed in it as long as they did in order to keep Paul out of it. At worst, it would've been a brokered convention, and at that point, Paul really does have zero chance.

I didn't actually read the links in the OP btw.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
I'm telling you, Ron Paul would have had a better chance running as a Democrat on a Libertarian platform. Especially if he wanted to get an even larger youth and minority vote. This year he never stood a chance. 2008, it was still possible but he blew that. Conservatives seem more hostile towards Libertarians since it's quite a socially Liberal position. Democrats are willing to compromise and meet the other side half way at least. Republicans are stubborn and won't budge for anything. Ron Paul should have gave up with the Evangelicals years ago.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
No. Even if that were true and I'd bet my best suit it isn't; Paul would still not even be close to the nomination. He was never going to win. Ever.
Exactly. The only people getting screwed are the Ron Paul supporters who actually believe that he'll make the changes that he's claiming.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cynic, I hope you hate Scott Walker like I hate Rick Perry.

It's totally possible Santorum and Gingrich stayed in it as long as they did in order to keep Paul out of it. At worst, it would've been a brokered convention, and at that point, Paul really does have zero chance.

I didn't actually read the links in the OP btw.
WTF? If this goes to a brokered convention like Ron Paul wants then Paul would have the best chance of winning period. Have you guys been keeping up with the caucuses and the delegates? Ron Paul would kill Mitt in a debate

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm telling you, Ron Paul would have had a better chance running as a Democrat on a Libertarian platform. Especially if he wanted to get an even larger youth and minority vote. This year he never stood a chance. 2008, it was still possible but he blew that. Conservatives seem more hostile towards Libertarians since it's quite a socially Liberal position. Democrats are willing to compromise and meet the other side half way at least. Republicans are stubborn and won't budge for anything. Ron Paul should have gave up with the Evangelicals years ago.
Honestly, I agree. He would have been a much better third candidate during 2008's Democrat Primaries than John Edwards. Seeing Paul vs. Hillary and Obama would have been interesting, especially considering that, in hindsight, McCain was going to ruin his own candidacy (though, the Palin pick was a desperation ploy that probably wouldn't have happened if Paul was nominated).

·
40,798 Posts
WTF? If this goes to a brokered convention like Ron Paul wants then Paul would have the best chance of winning period. Have you guys been keeping up with the caucuses and the delegates? Ron Paul would kill Mitt in a debate
Nah, if it's brokered the candidate is selected in "smoke filled rooms". You think Paul has a chance then? You're wrong.

I do agree Paul would own Romney in a debate. They'd still elect Romney in those "smoke filled rooms".

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I'm telling you, Ron Paul would have had a better chance running as a Democrat on a Libertarian platform.
Agreed 100%. Even though Paul is the only "true" Republican amongst all the candidates of this cycle, the Republican party has drifted so far to the extreme right socially that a man of such common sense has no chance of winning that party's nomination. John McCain won the nomination as a moderate but then sold out all his principles in sucking up to the right en route to getting slaughtered by an authentic opponent in Obama. While the GOP has gone way right, the Democrats are moving closer to the middle every year, so even though Paul's economic principles are totally opposed to theirs, I agree Democrats would be significantly more open-minded to his ideas.

It looks like he won't, but I really hope he just goes ahead and runs as a third party candidate, be it Libertarian or some fucking party he just makes up. I'll vote for him. Hell I might vote for him even if he's not on the ballot.

And MrMister, yes, I think Walker is a tool.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
It looks like he won't, but I really hope he just goes ahead and runs as a third party candidate, be it Libertarian or some fucking party he just makes up. I'll vote for him. Hell I might vote for him even if he's not on the ballot.
The Republicans would probably hate that because he'll take a lot of votes from Romney. With that said, I'm all for it.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Agreed 100%. Even though Paul is the only "true" Republican amongst all the candidates of this cycle, the Republican party has drifted so far to the extreme right socially that a man of such common sense has no chance of winning that party's nomination. John McCain won the nomination as a moderate but then sold out all his principles in sucking up to the right en route to getting slaughtered by an authentic opponent in Obama. While the GOP has gone way right, the Democrats are moving closer to the middle every year, so even though Paul's economic principles are totally opposed to theirs, I agree Democrats would be significantly more open-minded to his ideas.

And MrMister, yes, I think Walker is a tool.
The Eisenhower era Republicans are all but extinct. Fiscally conservative, strong national defense, socially progressive, etc. In the 50's, we had a much better economy and the Civil Rights movement was progressing faster in 5 years then it ever did in the 100 years before it. I'm not idealizing the 50's as the perfect American decade because it wasn't. The New Deal(from progressive Republicans and Northern Democrats) and the Civil Rights movement dealt the death blow to the old Dixie Democrats who jumped ship to the Republican Party because of it's growing Conservatism. The parties essentially switched ideologies around this time.

I'm not a Ron Paul fan or a Libertarian but I consider progressive Libertarians an ally against radical Conservatives. It's starting conversations at least. If you're fiscally sonservative, it gives a better option then having to side with far right Conservatives just because some happen to be fiscally conservative.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts