Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not make him into a gladiator king from ancient times? He has the look and name.

He should have a stable of warriors that carry him out on an ancient kings chariot. Kinda like how king mabel would come out on. But only on ppvs or sporadically on raw and sd.

He could still wear pants but they should be covered with anciet signs and patterns. Dawning a vest with gold and silver lining the outside. Boots modified to look like anciet rome slippers. And they could die his hair brown.

He could call his spear "Reign of tyranny" the superman punch "hand of injustice".

Giving him a one liner catch phrase "I am Roman, I am king , I will reign in your pain"

A theme song like Jbls would suit the character perfectly. Minus the cows lol.

Being as he has been deemed as the future such a character would be great to start of his career. He is still a shield member at this point with the music attire and the catch phrase.

At wrestlemania he could tell brock if he wins he gets Heyman as his personal assistant for ever. And bam he gots himself a great mouth piece.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Leave my country out of this..

We get enough hate for being broke.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Leave my country out of this..

We get enough hate for being broke.
I'm portuguese and we don't care if we're hated or not.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see how him being the only member in the shield is any better.

And btw Cm punks gimmick was a 90s rehash. Stone cold steve austin ring a bell?

Paiges anti diva came from Daffney in the 90s.

Daniel bryans gimmick Is Chris benoiy and Eddie guerrero from the early 00"s.

The more you know.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Okay, let's take a more (not so) serious look at this.

*Speaks like CM Punk in Grammar Slam*
Let's not even look into the fact that no one outside the greeks consider the byzantine empire the same as the former Roman Empire and that in such case Rome (which is in Italy, not Greece) was the capital and not Athens.

This character is one that nowadays will FLOP. HARD. The audience is largely very different from what it was 20 years ago. It's smarter and more demanding. They don't want some obviously stereotype-based guy that says nothing but a one-liner. They're looking for depth, for an imperfect character. One with positives and flaws. There's a reason why shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, House of Cards and Breaking Bad are the talk of the talk. Because of the CHARACTERS and also, SOLID FUCKING STORYTELLING, but storytelling isn't being discussed here. What's being discussed is a guy that is supposedly a Roman Warrior... oh, I'm sorry, he only speaks a sentence... a RETARDED Roman Warrior wrestling in the 21st century, which I could only assume he's a fucking time-traveler. The only way it could possibly be entertaining is watching how fucking awful it would be.

*End of rant*

Reactions: Ethan Johns

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
So basically you want Reigns to be one of his characters from WWE Immortals on the actual wrestling show?

Maybe Big Show should change his character to and actually be Lumberjack Big Show :lol

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Okay, let's take a more (not so) serious look at this.

*Speaks like CM Punk in Grammar Slam*
Let's not even look into the fact that no one outside the greeks consider the byzantine empire the same as the former Roman Empire and that in such case Rome (which is in Italy, not Greece) was the capital and not Athens.

This character is one that nowadays will FLOP. HARD. The audience is largely very different from what it was 20 years ago. It's smarter and more demanding. They don't want some obviously stereotype-based guy that says nothing but a one-liner. They're looking for depth, for an imperfect character. One with positives and flaws. There's a reason why shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, House of Cards and Breaking Bad are the talk of the talk. Because of the CHARACTERS and also, SOLID FUCKING STORYTELLING, but storytelling isn't being discussed here. What's being discussed is a guy that is supposedly a Roman Warrior... oh, I'm sorry, he only speaks a sentence... a RETARDED Roman Warrior wrestling in the 21st century, which I could only assume he's a fucking time-traveler. The only way it could possibly be entertaining is watching how fucking awful it would be.

*End of rant*
LEMME HELP

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wwe has a ballroom dancer, a leprechaun and a bunny as wrestlers.

A gladiator gimmick isn't far fetched.

And maybe you should stop watching wrestling you just over analyzed an imaginary fighting sport.

You sit there and say fans are different from way back when betting you're like 17 or 18. How would you know about how people were 20 years ago?

This is why kayfabe is dieing and pro wrestling will go down with it. Because of fans who act like know it alls.

This is pro wrestling over the top characters is apart of it. Hurricane helms was a super hero character. You would've hated him so fake it was this guy had the audacity to act like a super hero. Like we all know that's not real.(sarcasm).

If you want to watch something real that has to do with logic go watch the news. And over analyze that buddy.

Lets see you come up with a better character.

Smh yeah you're so mature and smart watching DUBAA DUBBA E!

Away with your high horse.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
WWE doesn't have enough realism these days. It continues to not take itself seriously and thus, no one else does.

There are ways to make it interesting without going blatantly over the top.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you think grown men playing ancient characters is silly. Wtf are you doing watching wrestling?

Pro wrestling was meant to be over the top not dull and boring with realistic rhetoric like Rusevs character.

I don't want to be reminded of the shitty real world I watch wrestling to escape into a fictional world of larger than life super humans.

If an ancient rome character is too silly ir unrealistic for you. Then baby ive got some bad news for you cupcake. WRESTLING ISNT REAL! It will never be real.

Go watch that boring ufc shit. Since you're all for realism.

Or better yet go to school and give your debate skills a go where it matters.

You people need to get it together. This is all fiction wrestling is really meant for kids.

#dropsmic

Reactions: ByTor

·
Premium Member
A New Face Every Month
3,850 Posts
Hmm, Roman Reigns as a Gladiator? They have ripped off every film going so why not another? :lol

----

Triple H: Your fame is well deserved, Samoan. I don't think there's ever been a wrestler to match you. As for this Seth Rollins, he insists you are Cena reborn. Or was it The Rock? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name? You do have a name.

??????: My name is Gladiator.

[turns away from Triple H]

Triple H: How dare you show your back to me! B+ PLAYER! You will remove your helmet and tell me your name.

Roman Reigns: (removes helmet) Sufferin Succotash SONNNNNNNNNN! My name is Roman Reigns and I deg... declare that I will have my vengeance in this life or the next! BELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT!

SUPERMAN PUNCHES everybody and then leaves

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.