Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He is already 32 years old. 2 more years and he will be in his mid 30's. At that point, would Vince still be running the company? Or will Reigns be showing signs of wear and tear. So far Reigns has been lucky with avoiding injuries, but how much longer will that happen? His samoan genes certainly don't do him any favors when it comes to preventing injury. Samoans have a higher tendency to rack up injuries because of their increased body fat.

I think Reigns is just an interim FOTC until they can find a permanent replacement. I give him 2 more years in the main event, MAX. He also seems like a family first guy, given that he has children and wants to spend time with them. I can see him leaving WWE reallyyyy early, maybe in 2020. The scheduling and wear and tear will get to him, and he will want to prioritize his family. He just doesn't seem like the type to risk his health and stay in WWE past his late 30's, unlike Cena. remember that wrestling was his 2nd choice over football.

There's a reason why family first guys don't last long in WWE. Oh, and did I mention that he is already 32 years old and he still hasn't progressed much in terms of fan reaction, mic skills, etc? Its a shame they're investing so much in a guy who is 32 years old.. I mean if you're FOTC, you should be pushed when you are 27 years old to carry the company deep into the future, but 32? That's like 4 years of main eventing, probably even less.

Also look at Cena, he was getting phased out when he turned 36, still FOTC but slowly being phased out. I can see Reigns being phased out as FOTC even earlier, maybe age 34 or 35.. So at most, we would only have 2-3 more years of Reigns on top, then the true FOTC replacement for Cena will come, and Cena will pass the torch to THAT person, NOT Reigns. Reigns is simply a temporary placehold.

·
Registered
913 Posts
With how often he's kept off of tv because of his "popularity", I think he'll have a very long career. His longevity will be off the charts.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
4 more crap WMs to wait out, I wonder if the WWE will to survive it.

For all we know, Raw could be doing 1-2m viewers in 2021.

Roman's one of the weakest FOTCs in WWE history, I can't remember the last time they had someone as bad as him at the top.

Anyone know how he matches up to Luger?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
He has plenty of time as far as being an in-ring star. You just have to look at his predecessors. Orton's still winning titles at WrestleMania at 37.

The real issue is the war of attrition with WWE's fanbase and how much their viewership will erode over time as long as they keep going with him as the top guy with a really boring personality.

·
Banned
724 Posts

Roman's one of the weakest FOTCs in WWE history, I can't remember the last time they had someone as bad as him at the top.

Lex Luger was way better than Roman Reigns. Unlike Roman he had the rug pulled out from under him instead of getting the multi-year rocket push.

BTW, Roman won't be the FOTC for much longer because Jinder Mahal will surpass him pretty soon.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
There's other reasons why he won't last as FOTC, but it won't be age as 32 isn't old at all. Also keep in mind he only started wrestling in 2010 so he doesn't have like 10-15 years of wear and tear on his body like some of the guys from the indies do.
You think the real GUY will be in the company by then? They kind of need him to save them, without him and Vince running things, there's no chance of things turning around.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
You think the real GUY will be in the company by then? They kind of need him to save them, without him and Vince running things, there's no chance of things turning around.
I don't know, do they even really need A guy anymore? The brand is the draw nowadays, think they're better off pushing 3-6 guys close to equal level than just having 1 guy collect all the accolades imo.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Statistics don't really support your claim here. I'm just going to go by the longest tenured FOTC's of my lifetime

Cena was 28
Hogan was 31
Flair was 32
When they won their first title.

Reigns was 30.

·
Banned
879 Posts
would rather have dudes like ambrose, rollins, balor, wyatt, zayn, neville, samson, and rusev as the fotc. heck, anyone else. they can't possibly do any worse.

he's expendable. look at that mahal dude for example. few fans talked/cared about him over a month ago before his random push. now he's getting alot of attention in these threads and he's getting big reactions (but the correct ones in this case) when its only been 4 days of his world title win and not even 2 months into his push. imagine the reactions he'd get receiving roman's accolades (such as beating taker) for the next several years. i have no doubt he'd have fans that'll buy into him with that level of push.

if wwe is able to get fans to care about mahal and get his fans to support/react to him similarly like the current fotc , then they can make anyone as fotc.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
Stone Cold was 33 when his time as FOTC started. Reigns will be fine

Reactions: egnuldt

·
it's a tarp!
5,802 Posts
if wwe is able to get fans to care about mahal and get his fans to support/react to him similarly like the current fotc , then they can make anyone as fotc.
WWE tends to make most of their talent look and act the same, if this strategy actually worked, then their whole roster would be over.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Statistics don't really support your claim here. I'm just going to go by the longest tenured FOTC's of my lifetime

Cena was 28
Hogan was 31
Flair was 32
When they won their first title.

Reigns was 30.
Cena started being phased out 3 years back :lol

Only reason he's still seen as the FOTC is because Roman has failed to take the crown.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Lex Luger was way better than Roman Reigns. Unlike Roman he had the rug pulled out from under him instead of getting the multi-year rocket push.
Luger didn't have the rug pulled from under him, the fans became indifferent towards him during his rocket push(Luger was always a terrible babyface anyway). It was to a point where he was eliciting almost zero reaction good or bad, at least with Reigns people care enough one way or the other to react to him. If people really want Reigns out of the picture they would just ignore his presence.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts

Luger was pure garbage in every way, but at least they gave up on him fairly quickly and they didn't have him main eventing 4 consecutive WMs.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Good lord 32 is nothing. That's still quite young especially for somebody who's only been on the main roster for 4 years. You're acting like he's 42 lol.

Reactions: Kat13

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Cena started being phased out 3 years back :lol

Only reason he's still seen as the FOTC is because Roman has failed to take the crown.
Exactly what does that have to do with the point I was making? Even if we go with your exact numbers that's still 9 years as the clear FOTC. Flair from 81-91 is not debatable. Hogan from 84-91 and from 94-97 isn't debatable. The closest you'll get is Austin from 98-03 which a lot of that is very debatable with Rock. Austin was 33 when he won his first.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts