Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Angry at refs
3,302 Posts
Re: Roman Reigns vs Buddy Murphy

The Kamigoye I noticed today and I pointed out, that's too much for me. If he's taken a move from Ospreay too :lmao
I'm not fussed by it. The moves don't make the wrestler, and Buddy is clearly talented as fuck.

It's like Punk using the Pedigree/GTS and Bryan using the knee, obviously they were to a lesser extent, but it's the same premise.

·
The face that runs the List
10,778 Posts

Is it true he's stolen Kenny, Ibushi and Ospreay's signature moves/finishers?
"Stolen" ? Are there still people acting like wrestlers "steal" moves, seriously ? There isn't an unlimited variety of moves you can do with the human body, after years of wrestling, people obviously end up using similar ones.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts

"Stolen" ? Are there still people acting like wrestlers "steal" moves, seriously ? There isn't an unlimited variety of moves you can do with the human body, after years of wrestling, people obviously end up using similar ones.
Unless wrestlers start copyrighting their moves... Which I am surprised that's not a thing thats happened. Because you know Hulk Hogan would have copyrighted the leg drop and have no on else do that move :p

·
Registered
9,152 Posts

The Kamigoye I noticed today and I pointed out, that's too much for me. If he's taken a move from Ospreay too :lmao
Didn't Shibata take the go 2 sleep? And nah his only got the cheeky nandos kick which is a pretty standard move.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,821 Posts

That was the type of TV match we've wanted out of Reigns for ages.. Murphy looked great in defeat. Great match for TV.. Really great match from both men. Credit where credit is due. Reigns looked good in this one, you could tell he actually cared and tried his best to make Murphy look good.. Murphy on the other hand also looked great selling for Reigns and his moves looking stiff and convincing.. Much respect.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts

good show, they did as good a job as they can of protecting murphy/not making him look like a jobber.

·
Registered
924 Posts

I saw the highlight. Buddy looked great. Too great I'm afraid.

I'm a little worried he's going to be the new dolph. We know how well accents go over with Vince when it comes to promos. He was romantically linked with one of their favorites. I know you have to take rumors with a grain of salt, but I've heard for years that Vince will actively try and ruin relationships and careers if a guy is with a girl he doesn't feel they deserve.

Buddy bumped around like a madman (per usual) and it scares me he's going to be the new dolph who in turn was the new Christian. Jobbers to the stars..

·
Registered
4,853 Posts

Hands down. One of the best matches of the week among RAW, SD, and SummerSlam.

Murphy should be very proud. He proved why he should be on TV more often. Not only that, that was probably one of Roman's more entertaining matches in a long time. BOTH performed very well. It had a beautiful flow to it. (other wrestlers take notes) I cared and was invested in he match, even with very little set up.

Now, being very patient person. I'm waiting for WWE to give EC3 a proper shot. Let him do his thing. Let him prove himself, you won't regret it.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

Solid Match, though they really should not show Reigns' spears in slow motion anymore :bosque

Murphy is great but like others have said I worry about him getting thrown into that Dolph Ziggler spot of just putting everyone over b/c he is so good at selling.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Loved the match. I've always liked Reigns cause he doesn't seem to have any ego and will always do his best to make his opponents look good. Sometimes I think being the Ziggler guy isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Certain guys would kill for regular match and promo time and working with the top guys even if they don't make it quite to the top themselves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

THIS IS HOW YOU BUILD A STAR.

Most dont know Buddy Murphy outside of his matches on the preshow on ppvs. NXT has a core audience and 205live has a smaller core audience.

So for a lot of fans this was the first time they got to see Buddy outside of those preshows, and he hung in there with THE BIG DAWG!!

He didn't get the victory but he looked great in defeat. Didnt come off as a total loser. This will make fans who are new to him want to see more. Best kept secret not so secret no more

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Great match. One of my favs this week which says a lot when it is a takeover and g1 climax week (ain't watching a single match from summerslam yet).

·
Registered
10,168 Posts

Just watched the match and i'm beyond happy with how it went, they obviously worked amazing together and it was such a competitive match. Buddy Murphy looked so good in this match and actually kicked out of a Superman Punch! Great start for Buddy Murphy and i hope they don't fuck it up, loved him ever since he joined 205Live and think he'll make a great mid-card champion to upper mid-card talent. He seems to work well with almost everybody which is good too.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts

It's an ideal springboard for Murphy going into KOTR (where I can't see him winning but like this match at least getting a good chance to further showcase his ability). Awesome match, would be cool if they had more down the line.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I really liked the match. It was Murphy's first ever TV match so I get him not pinning Reigns clean. However Reigns sold a lot for him which makes me wonder if Reigns himself asked for the match and wanted t work with him. Murphy was made to look like a start. Always remember Cena lost his first match as well. I can see Murphy going all the way to the finals of the KOTR and losing to Drew but in the process have him gain momentum.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts